Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

The phrase "you couldn't make it up" - Fair City, every episode. It amazes me that it's not more publicy ripped apart? Has no presenter in the country the balls when they're interviewing a cast member to just say "How do you keep a straight face in the scene". When Stripey burst into McCoys only to be dragged out the other day, what direction was she given? "Ok here's the scene, a few local business people are discussing a potential development, how you know we're not sure, maybe you had a premonition or maybe as you're walking passed and somebody shouts "hey lady they're planning your eviction in there". Anyway burst in like its news to you, ignoring the fact that planning takes years, that you have to given notice and you are only a tenant. Ok then as soon as you bust in screaming allow yourself to be dragged straighr out, and......action"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Cormdogg wrote: »
    The phrase "you couldn't make it up" - Fair City, every episode. It amazes me that it's not more publicy ripped apart? Has no presenter in the country the balls when they're interviewing a cast member to just say "How do you keep a straight face in the scene". When Stripey burst into McCoys only to be dragged out the other day, what direction was she given? "Ok here's the scene, a few local business people are discussing a potential development, how you know we're not sure, maybe you had a premonition or maybe as you're walking passed and somebody shouts "hey lady they're planning your eviction in there". Anyway burst in like its news to you, ignoring the fact that planning takes years, that you have to given notice and you are only a tenant. Ok then as soon as you bust in screaming allow yourself to be dragged straighr out, and......action"

Direction????

Honestly, the FC Directors are literally vision mixers and little else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

Where is Ben's birth mother gone ? A few months ago herself and Jo were constantly fighting about access to Ben but now neither one of them have any contact with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Where is Ben's birth mother gone ? A few months ago herself and Jo were constantly fighting about access to Ben but now neither one of them have any contact with him.

Jane is his new momma now.

Strazdas wrote:
    I've seen both of them close up in real life in the last year and trust me McGregor would annihilate Cathal....Conor is built like a tank, even in his street clothes

Mcgregor wouldn't last five seconds against Cathals bald henchman though.

• Advertisement

Has farrah been taken hostage in another siege that we haven't seen onscreen? She's missing nearly as long as Katy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Exactly! I have NEVER once seen an interview with Tony Tormley (Paul) or Niamh or any of the cast members when they have been on The Late Late show, or Saturday Night show or the radio etc and the presenter turn around and say "Fair City gets some slagging eh do you ever listen to the Gift Grubs"?.

I mean, it doesn't have to be a case of them slagging off their workplace, but to even see a bit of humour in how people perceive the show would be refreshing. Its hard to know if they are delicate little flowers who consider themselves as serious actors (I wonder how Orla would react to criticism about her character, I get the feeling she is a real prickly pear on the issue!) or are they under orders to never ever say anything negative from the management.

Ray Darcy didn't even use the opportunity to say how crap it is when recently interviewing Bob Hayley and Paul!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Dermot terminally ill yet no sign of any medication, treatment, symptoms that a man with advanced liver cancer would have? Is a 5 year old writing this story line?

Jane in slashed satin red number and knee high black boots at 10am in the Hungry Pig - having coffee with a 12 year old boy she barely knows and is not related to.

..... and now a 2nd girl in a siege situation in dingy bedsit, someone who has nothing to do with anything - in fact she just arrived in FC 3 weeks ago..........and they're trying to make another story out of this and Cathal .... FFS??

Bizarre, pathethic, Fair City is a total mess lately. :-(

Spot on Maggie ! if there are any FC writers reading this thread WE ARE NOT buying the terminally ill Dermot/Hooker babysitting Jane story. :mad: It's beyond ludicrous

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There is about to be a serious homeless crisis. Mondo is putting Deegan and Ray (his own father) out on the streets. Can't say I know too many Garda Deegans age that dont own their 3 bed semi d somewhere. Nora too has no where to live, or Amanda or the Ram or Eoghan. As for Deegan complaining to Nora a cleaner he cant afford a place. A Garda with we'll assume has 20 years under his belt is earning at least 70k. But a mechanic can afford to rent Charlie's gaff and his own dungeon. Not to mention eating for 2. Why is it such a big deal the accom for some characters, various home sharing etc yet we never know where wheely Dan lives. Where's Doug living now? Where does Morbegs live? Where does Cathal live???

If only there was a homeless shelter nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If only there was a homeless shelter nearby

If only we knew where exactly it was - we never see the entrance :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭janisjoplin

Their obviously going for some sort of dementia/alzheimers storyline with rose as a few times she has repeated the same things and forgotten things, like in Sundays episode when she asked twice about her knitting bag and the whole drama a few weeks back with Amanda when they worked together in the community centre, she kept making mistakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Could be a good story if they pace it correctly and keep up its subtle approach. Emmerdale have set the bar so if they follow those rules, Mary from Glenroe, whilst an annoying character with no noticeable redeeming characteristics, is an "alright " actor and is capable of pulling it off.

I would hate to have to hold myself back making jokes of such a sad plot if they mess it up so I hope they do serious research.

Glenrose seems to forget day to day whether she hates Stripey or not.

Personally I would have loved to give the role to Cass. But he seems happy to plod on in stupid mediocre filler plots with Amanda or Bunion and pick up his paycheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,161 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Glenrose seems to forget day to day whether she hates Stripey or not.

But so does Stripey. Maybe a double dementia story....now how on earth would FC handle that?

walshb wrote: »
    But so does Stripey. Maybe a double dementia story....now how on earth would FC handle that?

Stripey is engaging in mind blowing sex though. Can't blame her for being somewhat away with the fairies sometimes.

tommydillonmustard.jpg

walshb wrote: »

Half the cast forget they have children so maybe its something in the water?

Cazale wrote: »
    Half the cast forget they have children so maybe its something in the water?
    It's the writers who seem to be suffering from collective dementia.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Dermot divorced from Jo, if he dies she would get all his "#rifoffPaulplan" money :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Dermot divorced from Jo, if he dies she would get all his "#rifoffPaulplan" money :p

And Jo dating the 'rich American' to boot :) Leaving Carrickstown has worked out well for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

The whole Ray thing is ridiculous he was out in Morocco and didn't come home for his sons mothers funeral then gets ready to punch out Deegan because he had a relationship with his Ex-Wife whom he hated when she was around, By the time this Katy thing is over i'm done they've taken the life out of us

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Are ye there? Can ye here me?

• Advertisement

bazermc wrote: »
    Are ye there? Can ye here me?

Handy script KT has, eh!

Jane turned down a shift in the pub to walk Mike Tv to school? What the actual f*ck? Who wrote that. Pub opens at 11am. School starts at 9am. If she was picking him up to she'd be waiting until 4pm. What age is Ben that he needs to walked to school?

Does Luca live on the second floor?

Good thing Jodi hid her passport in her handbag.

Is McCoys an early house?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Stopppppp. Please make it stopppppp.

It must be freezing in that beer garden/yard/shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

All the names in all the world.. 'Bloom'

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joe Hill

squadro wrote: »
    Stopppppp. Please make it stopppppp.

The KT thing?

That too but I was referring to the conversation about threesomes, swingers and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

If this was reality, Katy would have just broke the mirror and cut herself, its clear Ciaran wont kill her but wont let her go either and she has no tv, no sunshine and no hope. No WAY would she still be holding on...

Rose....too deaf to notice Stripey passing her in the corridor 2 seconds after she left the room.....but acutely alert when a phone buried at the end of a handbag jammed into the handbag emits a tiny little beep, who writes this crap?

If the apartment was 100% Angelas why was Deegan paying Ray. Also they're forgetting probate. 12 months before Monda can collect the rent. My landlord died and I was given my notice almost 12 months to the day he died. Even then I got 3 months notice

• Advertisement

Are Rose and Debbie schizophrenic?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement