Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Was Degan ever married? is he divorced?.... The Irish police forces get a rent allowance.... .. He shouldn't have to share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

So now Ciaran Love/Hate feels obliged to help the O'Brien's from being a victim of Jodi & Cathal's scam. His actions could more and more show he knows a lot more than he is letting on. Can Ciaran hold it together is the thing? His intention was to hold Katy for a few months to 'punish' Emmett and then release her. When that backfired he got trapped into a situation he never wanted. To make matters worse, Ciaran has come to like the O'Briens and Katy. Now this Cathal/Jodi scam is only going to make him feel worse and this is where Ciaran is vulnerable and could end up saying things that could hint at his big secret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Was Degan ever married? is he divorced?.... The Irish police forces get a rent allowance.... .. He shouldn't have to share.

Not sure of this. Remember when he was with the other cop Myles around the time of the Billy Meehan story. One of them had a daughter and ex wife but am 99% certain that was Myles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Emmett spent the long hot summer wrapped up in about 19 layers of clothing,now he's swanning around the place in a t-shirt in mid December. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

MelanieC wrote: »
    Emmett spent the long hot summer wrapped up in about 19 layers of clothing,now he's swanning around the place in a t-shirt in mid December. :-)

broken washing machine and abandoned laundrette.

• Advertisement

Tommy hasn't been very supportive to Stripy last.

Lately.. ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Not sure of this. Remember when he was with the other cop Myles around the time of the Billy Meehan story. One of them had a daughter and ex wife but am 99% certain that was Myles.

It was Myles. She was a pretty, petite girl and had a few interesting storylines. Jenny was her name (but not a friend of mine):)

015_151312da54bd91e3da38f6613f620f9252002c40.jpg

Tommy hasn't been very supportive to Stripy last.

He was having a pint with Ray Tuesday eve.. Didn't think they were so paly..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

bazermc wrote: »
    For gods sake I know the housing rental problem in dublin is bad, but does Mongo honestly think he can get his two tenants to move out every weekend so he can use the place for an air B and B.

Is there not a lease in place that provides for quiet enjoyment. ??

I think that was to facilitate the rte public service announcement on behalf of the government - quote degan: you know you have to pay tax on those earnings!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

nagdefy wrote: »
    He was having a pint with Ray Tuesday eve.. Didn't think they were so paly..

The Ram is a great wing man.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

It was Myles. She was a pretty, petite girl and had a few interesting storylines. Jenny was her name (but not a friend of mine):)

015_151312da54bd91e3da38f6613f620f9252002c40.jpg

Wasn't she going out with that plank Ross that her mother was also carrying on with? Ross gave her the ecstacy tablet that little Jessica Molloy swallowed and died from.

Whatever happened to his son who was also a guard?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

youwould wrote: »
    Wasn't she going out with that plank Ross that her mother was also carrying on with? Ross gave her the ecstacy tablet that little Jessica Molloy swallowed and died from.

And Harry bate the living day lights out of him and killed him! And then Harry and dolly went to.......where else? But CORK! where Harry committed suicide .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

He got demoted from detective LOL and now he's just a plain old Mickey mouse guard!

And Harry bate the living day lights out of him and killed him! And then Harry and dolly went to.......where else? But CORK! where Harry committed suicide .

She came back with a new hair colour and a sudden obsession with being all holy and religious. I can still see the bloody shrine she had to Harry in her old house!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,816 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

So now Ciaran Love/Hate feels obliged to help the O'Brien's from being a victim of Jodi & Cathal's scam. His actions could more and more show he knows a lot more than he is letting on. Can Ciaran hold it together is the thing? His intention was to hold Katy for a few months to 'punish' Emmett and then release her. When that backfired he got trapped into a situation he never wanted. To make matters worse, Ciaran has come to like the O'Briens and Katy. Now this Cathal/Jodi scam is only going to make him feel worse and this is where Ciaran is vulnerable and could end up saying things that could hint at his big secret.

I'm wondering where this Cathal - Jodi storyline is going whether it will somehow force Ciaran's hand or perhaps make him make a mistake and cause someone to become suspicious of him (Jodi perhaps?).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,816 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Interesting twist that Oisin is actually in favour of an open relationship and wasn't simply messing. Poor old Charlotte looks gutted at the revelation.

Jane's playing a blinder now , collecting sick kid from school after dropping her shift , cleaning up vomit , reviewing clients tax affairs , fielding off Oisin from seeing Dermot and putting him in his place (YAY!) ........I'm impressed ......Dermot looking impressed too !

That's right. What became of the actor who played Ross. I remember around 2003 he was on the Late Late showing off about how he was going to make it big in the US.

• Advertisement

She came back with a new hair colour and a sudden obsession with being all holy and religious. I can still see the bloody shrine she had to Harry in her old house!

This led her to meet Fr. Thaddeus remember the mad chats they had in the confessional!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

This led her to meet Fr. Thaddeus remember the mad chats they had in the confessional!
    You have a brilliant memory. I had completely forgotten about that.

You have a brilliant memory. I had completely forgotten about that.

There are plenty better :) While i've watched FC since 1994 i've missed chunks of it playing sport etc so it's great to have knowledgeable posters to fill me in :)

Dolores went Cuckoo then alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,142 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Can someone explain to me this speakeasy and its taking so freaking long to get up and running

Jo gets a wifi launderette up and running in one episode, yet the speakeasy is now 3-4 months in progress? WTF....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

The thing I find most annoying and unrealistic about FC is the way people go away and never come home, youngest Dillon girl goes traveling for the summer after her leaving cert and is never seen again, Judith Dillon went to volunteer in Africa for 3 months in 2014 and never returned

• Registered Users Posts: 56,142 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The thing I find most annoying and unrealistic about FC is the way people go away and never come home, youngest Dillon girl goes traveling for the summer after her leaving cert and is never seen again, Judith Dillon went to volunteer in Africa for 3 months in 2014 and never returned

Sean can nip down the shop for 5 mins and resurface two years later...It's the mad and crazy and fun world of FC!

P.s. The Parish Priest. You're not Fr. Thaddeus or Fr. Bertie by any chance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

There are plenty better :) While i've watched FC since 1994 i've missed chunks of it playing sport etc so it's great to have knowledgeable posters to fill me in :)

Dolores went Cuckoo then alright!

If I may be so bold, you may be the best person to ask this as you seem to have a good memory of things: What were the Paul and Niamh storylines like in the 00s, maybe 2004 onwards, I think someone here said they are together that long: Was it just a constant cycle of "Paul has affair, Niamh takes him back" or were there ANY other work-related interesting stories going on?

Its hard to credit a character as stupid as Niamh just forgiving her husband over and over and over again...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

If I may be so bold, you may be the best person to ask this as you seem to have a good memory of things: What were the Paul and Niamh storylines like in the 00s, maybe 2004 onwards, I think someone here said they are together that long: Was it just a constant cycle of "Paul has affair, Niamh takes him back" or were there ANY other work-related interesting stories going on?

Its hard to credit a character as stupid as Niamh just forgiving her husband over and over and over again...

My time line is fuzzy but wasnt that when Paul was married to Nicola and Niamh was after him, so after her fling with Barry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Jane's playing a blinder now , collecting sick kid from school after dropping her shift , cleaning up vomit , reviewing clients tax affairs , fielding off Oisin from seeing Dermot and putting him in his place (YAY!) ........I'm impressed ......Dermot looking impressed too !

When she puts the puppies on display will be the clincher.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement