Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

If I may be so bold, you may be the best person to ask this as you seem to have a good memory of things: What were the Paul and Niamh storylines like in the 00s, maybe 2004 onwards, I think someone here said they are together that long: Was it just a constant cycle of "Paul has affair, Niamh takes him back" or were there ANY other work-related interesting stories going on?

Its hard to credit a character as stupid as Niamh just forgiving her husband over and over and over again...

Thanks Wanderer. It's one of the spells i was involved in sport a lot in the evenings. The Niamh/Paul relationship wasn't as solid as say recent times, pre Niamh and Michael. I definitely remember them being off and on and both having other partners. Around 2006 as Niamh was with Keith the mechanic for a spell. Remember him? He was with Una with the high pitched voice mostly. Una would say 'Keeeth what do you think about having a baaaybee'? Keith would reply 'Una that's way too much too soon, jaysus'. And they were going out 5 years! When Keeth strayed he had flings with Orla aswell as Niamh. As far as i remember the first real cheating Paul did on Niamh was about 6 years ago when he had a fling with Yvonne and Ruth was born out of that relationship. That was a fling when both Paul and Niamh were committed to one another. Nicola last year, And Hayley of course. Niamh believed Paul was cheating with Jane in early 2014 but she had set him up and was playing him for money.

One interesting point is the family woman Niamh holding the show together in the marriage was a very different character when she first came on the scene around 1994. Barry O'Hanlon nearly lost his teaching post over her. She looked for grinds, fancied him and when he didn't reciprocate claimed he made advances. She was very conniving... very like the way she's behaving now with 'The Plan'. This was when she was 17/18. She got involved with Leo Dowling and became pregnant. He was a ladies man back then cheating on his wife Sandy (Charlotte Bradley who's daughter Ruth was in Love/Hate, Mary). As a result of an abortion Leo paid for Niamh to have she could no longer have children. Niamh would later reconcile with Barry and become his partner somewhere between the early 2000s and mid 2000s.

So to conclude Paul and Niamh weren't more of an on off item in the mid 2000s with other love interests. Paul and Nicola was on off too. Paul ran off with Helen when she left Mike Gleeson at the altar in 1997. He was with Helen when she died in August 1998. Also Nicola was with Donal Maher, the 3rd partner in Blue Dolphin with Paul and Nicola in the early 2000s. Niamh was a kind of secretary in Blue Dolphin at first, desperately trying to climb the IT ladder. She's occasionally meet a client and try to impress the others with her sales pitch etc. Nicola bitched constantly with Niamh. They both softened towards one another when Nicola had breast cancer.

There are women Paul had that i'm forgetting during this period i'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Thanks very much for that description, very good of you. Ah I see, so it still doesn't detract from how stupid a character Niamh is to stay with Paul after all he has done! I vaguely remember clips from the Dolphin and her in it but I wasn't sure if she was a partner, employee etc.

Thanks very much for that description, very good of you. Ah I see, so it still doesn't detract from how stupid a character Niamh is to stay with Paul after all he has done! I vaguely remember clips from the Dolphin and her in it but I wasn't sure if she was a partner, employee etc.

No problem Wanderer, there's a lot of it i don't recall either. Just Niamh started out as a very manipulative young woman. Her and Barry's relationship went on for a year or 2 at least. There was Keith etc. This Paul, Niamh and family of 4 has only emerged the last few years. Niamh 2007-2016 has generally been a much more decent, faithful person than Paul. Mumbles aside, and she embarked on that thinking Paul had been with Jane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Am I right in saying FC are previewing something for the last fortnight that won't be screened for a month inevitably.

Oh here is Guard in a sleeping bag coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,142 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I just ran into each other? Not only a sh1t actress but also incapable of structuring sentences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Tommy has great hearing.

Another scooby doo episode!

sligojoek wrote: »
    Tommy has great hearing.

Tommy is great.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRohMovSLZH0hTUlcH8wR4V_e2DwSJOkANB54rhCixs0M4PrgF96tmlM-o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'd imagine that Eoghan will go Bryan Mills

Who is minding your kids Dermot. Or better still Niamh.

• Advertisement

Did Jane just transport herself magically from the pub to Dermisshhh's house and change into her Sunday best in a few seconds.

FFS, Dermish. Quick, press ctrl z now and put Don Paulio's money back. The suspense is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm fooking dreading the Christmas Day episode. Honestly lads. This is so so bad.

And now the inevitable cliche Brother v Brother rivalry for the next 6 months (and a few more years after)

"Ps, have you put on weight Callum"
    "Eh, no Da, if you look carefully I am about a stone and a half lighter than I was when I left"

He looks very thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Did ye see the K T scene. The roof of her cell is only a shed you could climb out over it ha

Since when did The Edge join the show?

Oisin and Callum never met in their life (or did they cross paths before Callum left).........................This is ridiculous if they hadn't.

"Brother"

FFS, LoveHate. It's Katie... not K T....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

At LAST Katy voices what we have been thinking for months now: "I cant do this anymore". Even though Ciaran isn't hurting her, its still torture as she is stuck in that tiny room and I Have been saying for a while now that Katy must be losing hope now and you could actually go insane from the boredom, why didn't he at least give her a few more feet! And yes, if she had a heart attack he is screwed.

Oisin needs to get back some of his bite from when he first joined, when he had an answer for everything. So Callum is back, for good I presume? Because nobody ever says how long they are staying for in FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

At LAST Katy voices what we have been thinking for months now: "I cant do this anymore". Even though Ciaran isn't hurting her, its still torture as she is stuck in that tiny room and I Have been saying for a while now that Katy must be losing hope now and you could actually go insane from the boredom, why didn't he at least give her a few more feet! And yes, if she had a heart attack he is screwed.

Oisin needs to get back some of his bite from when he first joined, when he had an answer for everything. So Callum is back, for good I presume? Because nobody ever says how long they are staying for in FC.

Time of year. Christmas Day. After that it will all be forgotten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Hayley must have brought Niamh clothes shopping!

Does Jane realise she'll be stealing from her own son?

What's Cathals plan exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

When Jane tells Callum what Oisin did to her hopefully he'll knock the b*llix out of him. Wasn't he an underworld enforcer or something?

Cormdogg wrote: »
    When Jane tells Callum what Oisin did to her hopefully he'll knock the b*llix out of him. Wasn't he an underworld enforcer or something?

If I remember correctly he's almost as hard as Decco.

Callum has turned into an indoor hat wearing hipster.

Agree with TTB he looks like he's lost a bit of muscle bulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Did ye see the K T scene. The roof of her cell is only a shed you could climb out over it ha

Yeah it definitely doesn't look soundproof anyway.
    Cormdogg wrote: »
    What's Cathals plan exactly?

Just to torment the O'Briens. He wants revenge.

That Cathal Spillane annoys me. Another wannabe hard who was a mumbling fool when his auld lad was around directing operations. All grimacing facial expressions and grindy teeth. Spending all his days hanging around with a prostitute trying to wind up a family who's son died and daughter is missing. Proper hard man alright. Big player on the crime scene. Hope someone gives him a hiding too... The little bol**x.

The Jane/Dermishh storyline gets more bizarre.

Dermot looking fondly at Jane, a well known gold digger, after a few good deeds. She smells money and he allows her complete access to his house and leaves his accountancy paper files totally unsecured.

Conclusion 1: Dermishh really is very sick!
    Conclusion 2: Bad script writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

nagdefy wrote: »
    That Cathal Spillane annoys me. Another wannabe hard who was a mumbling fool when his auld lad was around directing operations. All grimacing facial expressions and grindy teeth. Spending all his days hanging around with a prostitute trying to wind up a family who's son died and daughter is missing. Proper hard man alright. Big player on the crime scene. Hope someone gives him a hiding too... The little bol**x.

Cathal acts the hard man but he is clearly not as tough as he tries to let on. I always get the impression there are people above him who he is afraid of. The Cathal v O'Briens, Dermot/Niamh/Paul/Oisin/Jane story and Katy stories are all interconnected and when the climaxes of each arise they will have knockon affects on each other. There are a lot of characters here who are not 100% convinced about what they are doing and there are more characters who could easily get suspicious. They include:

Jodi: she is hardly happy with what she has to do and is forced into it. If she felt she was safe she would change sides immediately.
    Paul: he could very easily find out things are wrong with his finances any moment.
    Oisin: he clearly could overhear something or cop on to something devious going on.
    Callum: in a similar way he could overhear or come across something not being right.
    Charlotte: she will be with either Oisin or Callum so she could overhear or see something and warn whichever of them.
    Ciaran: he is not at all happy with both holding Katy and with the Jodi situation. He is at breaking point and could release Katy and/or say something to Emmett or the rest of the O'Briens inadvertently.
    Katy: suppose Ciaran does release Katy and she keeps to the plan she was part of the prostitute ring Jodi was involved in. Suppose Cathal then thinks this is all a revenge plan against him and that Cathal believes the kidnap and all was faked?
    Cathal: Cathal has been playing tricks with the O'Briens but what would happen if he believes that the O'Briens are playing tricks with him as described above?
    And finally ... Niamh: Never depend on her. She married, divorced and married Paul again. She mothered his child from his 2009 affair. A moment of guilt about what it will do to Rachel, Callum or Ruth or Paul having a heart attack would change her alliance very swiftly.

Oisin and Callum never met in their life (or did they cross paths before Callum left).........................This is ridiculous if they hadn't.

"Brother"

Their paths never crossed, but FC writers don't care about that. Portrayed as long suffering warring brothers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

nagdefy wrote: »
    The Jane/Dermishh storyline gets more bizarre.

Dermot looking fondly at Jane, a well known gold digger, after a few good deeds. She smells money and he allows her complete access to his house and leaves his accountancy paper files totally unsecured.

Conclusion 1: Dermishh really is very sick!
    Conclusion 2: Bad script writing.

This whole Dermot story is getting more and more bizarre by the week !!! Niamh, Hughie, Jane? A who's who of Paul's enemies joining Dermot to take a piece of the cake in the financial revenge against him.

Jane's character has been softened but one thing consistent about her always is her disdain for all things Paul. But what will Callum think of what she is at??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement