Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

walshb wrote: »
    Their paths never crossed, but FC writers don't care about that. Portrayed as long suffering warring brothers.

It is going to get very tiresome. The "dear brother" references and the getting one up on eachother sh1te. It already has .

In fact I recall when Callum first called a week ago, Oisin made a snarky comment.

As if they know all about one another. I ean not even a handshake or an awkward how are you keeping.

They were like two feuding brothers going back 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

nagdefy wrote: »
    That's right. What became of the actor who played Ross. I remember around 2003 he was on the Late Late showing off about how he was going to make it big in the US.

Off with him. He was insufferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

nagdefy wrote: »
    This led her to meet Fr. Thaddeus remember the mad chats they had in the confessional!

Yer man from The Bill, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,816 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

This whole Dermot story is getting more and more bizarre by the week !!! Niamh, Hughie, Jane? A who's who of Paul's enemies joining Dermot to take a piece of the cake in the financial revenge against him.

Jane's character has been softened but one thing consistent about her always is her disdain for all things Paul. But what will Callum think of what she is at??

The Dermot story is beyond bizarre. It seems everyone in Carrigstown knows he is going to rip off Paul (bar Paul himself obviously). In real life, he would have abandoned the whole thing by now, it's too risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Did ye see the K T scene. The roof of her cell is only a shed you could climb out over it ha

YES! And there was a plastic skylight! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

The animosity between Oisin and Callum doesn't bother me, as I'm sure it's been at least referenced.

It's natural enough that there'd be sibling rivalry between the "trueborn" son and the bustard, not to go all GoT on ye. ;)

I mean honestly, of all the beefs to have with this show right now, that'd be down pretty low on the list for me.

Anyway, last night was the first I watched in a month or over, anyone bring me up to speed on the Katie storyline?

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    The animosity between Oisin and Callum doesn't bother me, as I'm sure it's been at least referenced.

It's natural enough that there'd be sibling rivalry between the "trueborn" son and the bustard, not to go all GoT on ye. ;)

I mean honestly, of all the beefs to have with this show right now, that'd be down pretty low on the list for me.

Anyway, last night was the first I watched in a month or over, anyone bring me up to speed on the Katie storyline?

But they never even met. Yet they were circling around each other and passing cheeky remarks like familiar foes. It was all natural to them. Like 2 tomcats protecting their territory.
    The whole Austin Powersy "Well hello brother, my darkest nemesis" greetings and the fact that Callum immediately takes Oisins girlfriend out on a night out!

It's all far too contrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,142 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How did Jane, the scheming psycho blackmailing barmaid get full access to Dermish's house within a couple of episodes? Has he even half a fooking brain?

And who leaves the plan of the century sitting on the kitchen table in full view of the local scheming psycho blackmailing barmaid?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

How did Jane, the scheming psycho blackmailing barmaid get full access to Dermish's house within a couple of episodes? Has he even half a fooking brain?

And who leaves the plan of the century sitting on the kitchen table in full view of the local scheming psycho blackmailing barmaid?

It's farcical at this stage. I can understand the Niamh/Dermot scheming against Don Paulioni storyline and will give the FC writers kudos for that but come on.....
    If they wanted Hughie and Jane in on the act, all they had to do was to let them overhear something in the pub. They didn't have to put us through the torment of the forced Dermot/Jane (babysitter, PA, Accountant) sh1t.
    It was ridiculous to force her into Dermot's life and have her sitting in his kitchen going through shoeboxes full of accounts :mad:
    I work in accounts and page 1 of the rulebook is CLIENT CONFIDENTIALITY !!
    No-one gets access to client's files without signing confidentiality papers, actual files are kept in locked cabinets and computer files are always password protected and usually encrypted. I was out last night and only caught up this morning. I'm sorry I did cos it just annoyed me.

Dermisshh was in the pub yesterday while Jane was serving in her notorious green tshirt. By next scene or 1 after Jane was in Dermisshhs gaf with no sign of the devil kids and in completely different sunday best clothes and had seemingly hacked into Dermot''s files, figured out every detail of the plan and devised a subplan to get her share.
    All before Dermisshhh got home....

I mean. .........

• Advertisement

Dermisshh was in the pub yesterday while Jane was serving in her notorious green tshirt. By next scene or 1 after Jane was in Dermisshhs gaf with no sign of the devil kids and in completely different sunday best clothes and had seemingly hacked into Dermot''s files, figured out every detail of the plan and devised a subplan to get her share.

I mean. .........

I mean. .........

Yes, but it was easy to figure out. Dermish left the plan on the kitchen table with very simple details and instructions. "All Don Paulio's money now mine...hahahaha. To undo simply press ctrl z."

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Anyone notice Kerry Anne's extra make-up since she came back she looks different. Also Cathal's boadyguard/right hand man he is probably the least intimidating person they could have got he's a joke. And the man that Jane went to meet for the business deal in the station was a curiosity also, She also went heavy on the hair-dryer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I mean. .........

I know and they didnt show the scene when she got changed..................:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

Ah I'm delighted Jane has been shoe-horned into the Plan storyline. Was sick of Niamh and Dermot and Hughie going around in circles. Jane might liven it up a bit.

Where's Haley by the way?? Last I heard she was heading to UK (Cornwall?) on some course but she's been gone ages.

muggles wrote: »
    Ah I'm delighted Jane has been shoe-horned into the Plan storyline. Was sick of Niamh and Dermot and Hughie going around in circles. Jane might liven it up a bit.

Where's Haley by the way?? Last I heard she was heading to UK (Cornwall?) on some course but she's been gone ages.

All over the RTE guide's spoilers by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Paul must be wealthier than Donald Trump. Niamh and Dermot are gonna split his fortune 70/30. That's 100% of his estate.Hughie has agreed to settle for ten per cent. That's 110%.Jane now wants her 'cut' , presumably 5 per cent. 115%!
    ??
    One hundred and fifteen percent of Paul's money, if the PLAN succeeds, would actually leave him owing the swindlers money. So, apparently it's possible to defraud someone, take every penny they've got, and still be able to take your victim to court and sue for monies owed. This looks like a job for the Financial Regulator.....
    The educational system in Carringstown must be the envy of the world. Not only does Mondo change in the space of half an episode from Van driver to Events Organization Consultant, now Jane qualifies overnight, from barmaid to accountant. Dougie goes from wearing a chicken suit to garage mechanic, Ama goes from domestic skivvy to Senior Registered Nurse, and Charlie goes from 'rare ould Dubbalin stock' to complete and utter ar$e hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

coolhull wrote: »
    Paul must be wealthier than Donald Trump. Niamh and Dermot are gonna split his fortune 70/30. That's 100% of his estate.Hughie has agreed to settle for ten per cent. That's 110%.Jane now wants her 'cut' , presumably 5 per cent. 115%!
    ??
    One hundred and fifteen percent of Paul's money, if the PLAN succeeds, would actually leave him owing the swindlers money. So, apparently it's possible to defraud someone, take every penny they've got, and still be able to take your victim to court and sue for monies owed. This looks like a job for the Financial Regulator.....
    The educational system in Carringstown must be the envy of the world. Not only does Mondo change in the space of half an episode from Van driver to Events Organization Consultant, now Jane qualifies overnight, from barmaid to accountant. Dougie goes from wearing a chicken suit to garage mechanic, Ama goes from domestic skivvy to Senior Registered Nurse, and Charlie goes from 'rare ould Dubbalin stock' to complete and utter ar$e hole.

Dont forget Oisin, a chap who seemingly just went straight from school to European Club and Speakeasy Organizer extraordinaire along with his toerag girlfriend who also has no qualifications.

And Callum and Oisin go from never ever knowing each other to bros in literally 5 seconds...

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

I know its only a bit of light entertainment but i don't think i can watch it anymore. Storyline gets more ridiculous and bizzare every episode. The only part of it i like is the banter between decco and oisin, and now between callum and oisin.

• Advertisement

I know its only a bit of light entertainment but i don't think i can watch it anymore. Storyline gets more ridiculous and bizzare every episode. The only part of it i like is the banter between decco and oisin, and now between callum and oisin.

Hang in, if only for this thread which makes the crap worthwhile....

I don't watch other soaps, but English ones seem to be ridiculously far fetched compared to FC. FC is actually tame. But with the English ones, they are so OTT ridiculous that people become immune to it. With FC they don't go too ridiculous, hence their flaws are magnified. It's weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Hang in, if only for this thread which makes the crap worthwhile....

I don't watch other soaps, but English ones seem to be ridiculously far fetched compared to FC. FC is actually tame. But with the English ones, they are so OTT ridiculous that people become immune to it. With FC they don't go too ridiculous, hence their flaws are magnified. It's weird.

Yeah the English ones are way OTT. You can't watch 5 minutes of Eastenders without someone having a fanny fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Katy is STILL in the cell on 29th December. Ciaran gives her a selection box for Christmas, and Katy suggests that he smuggle her out of the country then leave her off somewhere in England with her passport and they both go their separate ways. That way she can go free and they can never find him. Ciaran sneaks into her house to rob the passport, but tells Katy that the plan wont work. Looks like they are playing the LOOOOOOOONNNNG game on this kidnap story.
    Dermot tells Ben he is dying at Christmas and their time together is cut short when he suffers internal bleeding and the doctor is summoned
    Niamh invites Hayley, Jane, Nicola to spend Christmas dinner with her and Paul to spite Paul

Some of the above might be worth a watch but I cannot BELIEVE they are dragging this Katy thing out until 2017- we joked about it but its actually happening. Wow. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Katy is STILL in the cell on 29th December. Ciaran gives her a selection box for Christmas, and Katy suggests that he smuggle her out of the country then leave her off somewhere in England with her passport and they both go their separate ways. That way she can go free and they can never find him. Ciaran sneaks into her house to rob the passport, but tells Katy that the plan wont work. Looks like they are playing the LOOOOOOOONNNNG game on this kidnap story.
    Dermot tells Ben he is dying at Christmas and their time together is cut short when he suffers internal bleeding and the doctor is summoned
    Niamh invites Hayley, Jane, Nicola to spend Christmas dinner with her and Paul to spite Paul

Some of the above might be worth a watch but I cannot BELIEVE they are dragging this Katy thing out until 2017- we joked about it but its actually happening. Wow. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, a realistic kidnap story could go on for years and years. The Katy story is much more realistic than the Dermot one. Both are interesting but the Dermot one is unrealistic, bizarre and sprawling. Everyone from Jane to Charlotte to the O'Briens are in on it and it has interconnected with the Katy story as well. All we need to do is get Cathal involved some way!

Regarding Spoiler No.3.....
    I believe this is when Niamh finally has her big showdown with Paul and reveals that she and Dermot have ripped him off. She invites all his exes around with the intention of exacting revenge according to another spoiler

Unfortunately, a realistic kidnap story could go on for years and years. The Katy story is much more realistic than the Dermot one. Both are interesting but the Dermot one is unrealistic, bizarre and sprawling. Everyone from Jane to Charlotte to the O'Briens are in on it and it has interconnected with the Katy story as well. All we need to do is get Cathal involved some way!

I suppose the writers are taking the view that Katy being released at Christmas would be very convenient and rather predictable for a soap (also it would totally overshadow every other Christmas storyline).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I mean. .........
    The same thing happened the previous evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

sligojoek wrote: »
    The same thing happened the previous evening.

Are you suggesting she is stuck in groundhog day? That would explain how she went from barmaid to accountant so quickly.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Yeah, what's happened to Hailey? She went away for a week's course and she's not been seen for months now.

Regarding Off-Shore accounts, can you still hide money from the tax man? Wasn't there a big PAC investigation a few years ago regarding these accounts? You'd think Derms being an accountant would know there is no hiding place. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yeah, what's happened to Hailey? She went away for a week's course and she's not been seen for months now.

Regarding Off-Shore accounts, can you still hide money from the tax man? Wasn't there a big PAC investigation a few years ago regarding these accounts? You'd think Derms being an accountant would know there is no hiding place. :rolleyes:

Haley is back in time for Christmas - she gets a mention in one of the spoilers further up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement