Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,142 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Borrow us a few pound? FFS, mate. Get with it. We left that behind in January '02...

This is fooking hilarious... taximan and chipper toerag bargaining a crime...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Feel sorry for Eoghan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Is this for real??! It's unbelievable sh*t on so many levels.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Feel sorry for Eoghan

I know. Poor sod can't even get a bag of chips of a Sunday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

omg someome just put me out of my misery. This is painful. Anything would be better than this.. even dare I say it Charlies bunions?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Ah it's good to see a character outside of carrickstown for once! Hasn't happened since the ploughing championships!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Christmas party night? Yerman Eoghan got the short straw.

So let me get this straight. Gripey blinds a poor sod of a security man for not opening a barrier quick enough, yet a scumbag lowlife harasses him for months and ends up like tonight in front of him taunting him, and Gripey shuffles home with his tail between his legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

If yous dont like it dont watch the damn thing, I accually thought is a decent episode,unlike the repetitive scenes we are used to

• Advertisement

If yous dont like it dont watch the damn thing, I accually thought is a decent episode,unlike the repetitive scenes we are used to

Calm down, FC writer #100.

At this point I wish he would jump. It would be a good storyline for Ciaran to try and get over that guilt

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I liked it too! He's a good actor!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Was the security man about to say he was on candid camera?

Debbie and Tommy thought it would give Eoghan a little light-relief to get caught on that show. He might have second thoughts about signing the release form now though.

If you've been effected by the issues...

Yeah my daughter has been missing for 7 mts. And there's a little wan*er feeding me lies and had given me the run around Dublin to the top of a hotel building with a prostitute he's been using to set me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Have to be honest guys - I'm amazed by the negative comment. Maybe those of us who were enjoying it couldn't bare to look away and comment while the show was airing.

Thought it was great to get off that fecking set !! Scene with the thief was superb. Really feared he'd run with the lot :( .

Finally, finally the pain of a family of missing person poignantly portrayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Yeah I actually thought it was a good episode apart from a few stupid bits, mainly the voice on the phone calling for her da. It was so obvious it was Jodi's voice.

nagdefy wrote: »
    If you've been effected by the issues...

Yeah my daughter has been missing for 7 mts. And there's a little wan*er feeding me lies and had given me the run around Dublin to the top of a hotel building with a prostitute he's been using to set me up.

Apologies. I don't intend to be flippant regarding people with family members missing or indeed suicide.

I found the episode GUBU this evening.

Apologies. I don't intend to be flippant regarding people with family members missing or indeed suicide.

I found the episode GUBU this evening.

GUBU?

I'm calling it... it was a sh1t episode...

• Advertisement

GUBU?

Just the most famous acronym in Irish history.

GUBU?

Grotesque, unbelievable, unprecedented and bizarre.

Haughey on the Attorney General harbouring serial killer Malcolm McArthur.

Alan Howley, Eoghan, acted well. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the episode. Look they tried something different. For that alone some kudos.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What in the name of God was that nonsense all about!! The scene negotiating with the homeless guy was beyond ridiculous. The guard and the security guy were awful actors.

Grotesque, unbelievable, unprecedented and bizarre.

Haughey on the Authorney General harbouring serial killer Malcolm McArthur.

Alan Howley, Eoghan, acted well. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the episode. Look they tried something different. For that alone some kudos.

He was actually a spree killer!😚

walshb wrote: »
    He was actually a spree killer!😚

True!

Haughey summed it up well in fairness. A guy who has just murdered a few people and the chief law enforcer in the land offers him lodgings:D

Funny, the episode seems to divide posters tonight in an interesting way.

More seem to like it, and then there's a group, including myself, who didn't like it at all. There's no real middle ground.

No disrespect, but in the spirit of this thread that is the poorest post of them all..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I'm a regular FC critic but I actually thought it wasn't all that bad. The actor in question is one of the very few who could pull off an episode to himself. Hes a good actor ( can u imagine Paul doing same???)

My only critique would be the guard who was very lenient with an uber antsy driver with a broken tail light to boot!
    And
    Any normal person woulda instinctively beaten cathal to a pulp for such a action.

Agreed Walshb. A lot of us have watched this show for many years and will give credit when we feel it's due. Eoghan's acting was the only redeeming feature for me tonight.

I've been very critical of late as i feel the show is going through it's most prolonged poor spell i can remember. I'm hoping storylines will start to move over Christmas.

The KT story is so far past it's sell date. 'The Plan' is in danger of the same happening. We need these stories to resolve and fresh material.

I found tonight's episode over indulgent by the script writers.

• Advertisement

And
    Any normal person woulda instinctively beaten cathal to a pulp for such a action.

Couldn't agree more :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement