Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

No idea what the point of that episode was. The cathal stuff is just a dumb side story. There is just no coordination to any of this KT thing. It's completely lost the plot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The actor who plays Eoghan is decent in fairness. But there was just so much filler in the episode such as the negotiation with the homeless guy, the scene with the Garda. Maybe they were trying to build tension but it never felt tense. Also it would have been in character for Eoghan to beat the crap out of Cathal, would have been better for the storyline too with him on a suspended sentence for killing Michael.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I think Eoghen was too despondent to do anything to Cathal at that point, seems he just wants to end it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,202 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Interesting episode in terms of production values. But a missed opportunity in terms of story.

Therefore....crap episode. Nothing new added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Also it would have been in character for Eoghan to beat the crap out of Cathal, would have been better for the storyline too with him on a suspended sentence for killing Michael.

At first I thought maybe he decided not to because he was on a suspended sentence but then he did pepper spray the other dude so he probably should have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

walshb wrote: »
    If yous dont like it dont watch the damn thing, I accually thought is a decent episode,unlike the repetitive scenes we are used to

No disrespect, but in the spirit of this thread that is the poorest post of them all..
    No its not actually. 6 people liked that post including me. So it's defo not the poorest post re tonight's episode at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Why is Eoghan not supposed to be driving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

shhh everyone, Donkeykong5 is really a writer and is not taking to lightly to the truthful stories that we the viewers tell lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I think Eoghen was too despondent to do anything to Cathal at that point, seems he just wants to end it all.

But that's why I would think he would have lost it with cathal at that point. Cathal was basically belittling the loss of his daughter. That alone is 'kick someone in the face til the red mist clears ' kinda scenario. Regardless of consequence. And if he was gonna end it all after then even more reason to.

shhh everyone, Donkeykong5 is really a writer and is not taking to lightly to the truthful stories that we the viewers tell lol
    No I am not.... script 26. Day 14. Scene 3 featuring. Niamh and paul. Background setting McCoy's pub. Niamh suggests paul hires new office cleaning staff. Next scene spar shop ...Paul says we don't need new cleaning staff. Script 27. Day 25 scene 4 featuring niamh and paul. ....................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

A pointless episode, regardless of Eoin's acting ability. This story line with KT can't end soon enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No its not actually. 6 people liked that post including me. So it's defo not the poorest post re tonight's episode at all.

No, in the spirit of this thread, and knowing what this thread is and the joy it brings us, it's the poorest post on the whole thread. Getting angry/offended on this thread is the biggest no no of all. To do so just shows you know nothing about this thread. A shame really.

No, in the spirit of this thread, and knowing what this thread is and the joy it brings us, it's the poorest post on the whole thread. Getting angry/offended on this thread is the biggest no no of all. To do so just shows you know nothing about this thread. A shame really.
    Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. I thought the post was fine. And thought it was rather childish of you to say it was the poorest post. But as I said you are entitled to your view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

It was nice to see life outside the usual sets but there was no suspense as we all knew he wasn't going to find Katie.

The whole Cathal thing makes no sense. Why would he go to all that trouble just to mess with Eoghan's head!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

He was actually a spree killer!😚

I think we spell that "sproai"...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Yer man Cathal looks like Brian McFadden

I liked tonight's episode. It was pointless filler. ..but every episode is. At least it was different pointless filler

I think this Katy story will get resolved in the Christmas day episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

That was an incredible ep

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Only caught the last few mins but i thought it was very moving the actor who plays Eoghan did well especially coming up to this time of year can be hard for a lot of people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Good episode. Felt like Love/Hate. Eoghan is a good character and actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Enjoyable episode for me. There was almost a hint of Liam Neeson in Taken with the father desperately searching for his daughter.

I wonder where they'll go with the Eoghan storyline. Even if he doesn't jump, he looks like someone on the verge of a nervous breakdown - death of Michael and Katy's absence is driving him to the edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Yer man Cathal looks like Brian McFadden

I liked tonight's episode. It was pointless filler. ..but every episode is. At least it was different pointless filler

I agree, pointless filler, but it's all pointless filler, and I enjoyed actually getting out and about with Eoghan, how sad!

Don't think it will be resolved by then according to RTÉ guide spoilers!!! That's the worst thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Think a poll is called for !

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Think we could do with a mass for Katy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I agree, pointless filler, but it's all pointless filler, and I enjoyed actually getting out and about with Eoghan, how sad!

Don't think it will be resolved by then according to RTÉ guide spoilers!!! That's the worst thing!

New Year's Day maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The episode would have worked a lot better if we didn't already know what has happened to KT. You kinda knew the whole episode was a pointless chase, which took away a lot of the tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Can someone explain to me why cathal hates the gripeys so much? And what's the story with Jodi and him? Sorry! Missed those bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Laois_Man wrote: »

Yeah! but which Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Laois_Man wrote:

I'll never have my hopes up about Christmas after last year. They had the ad with Heather in it, looked like serious **** would go down. The Christmas ep then proceeded to be terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I'll never have my hopes up about Christmas after last year. They had the ad with Heather in it, looked like serious **** would go down. The Christmas ep then proceeded to be terrible

Oh Lord didn't poor Pete have two dinners, oh Lordy lord, had me on the edge of my seat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I just happened to be listening to iradio today and I'm 99% sure Jane reads the news on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement