Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

That was quite a good episode of FC with great performances from Ciaran Eoghan and Katy, no doubt it was well acted but they have put way too long a timeline on this story its clearly designed to last the guts of a year but the entire premise of Ciaran wanting revenge is not strong enough to hold the story. At this stage its just interesting to watch the family implode.
    How did Debbie and Ram get to the roof was the door just open??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Jesus KT couldn't escape a paper bag. I seriously predict Eoghan going into Hostpital and we dont see him for 3 months. He might even get locked up if Deegan gets wind he was driving.

I'm actually kind of sad that we could so easily be back to the Plan, Dan v Laura, Oisin/Bloom v Charlotte.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Jesus KT couldn't escape a paper bag. I seriously predict Eoghan going into Hostpital and we dont see him for 3 months. He might even get locked up if Deegan gets wind he was driving.

Did Eoghan lose his driving licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Paddy Clarke had a dog.

Ah Paddy. I'd love it if they brought back Anne Clarke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

youwould wrote: »
    Ah Paddy. I'd love it if they brought back Anne Clarke.

I wish they would too. Last I heard she was running a wedding dress business. They could easily create a storyline to bring her back. So long as it doesn't involve yet another Don Paulioni sprog.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

youwould wrote: »
    I know it's been mentioned before but how come no one in the *40+ characters in FC owns a pet? I've never seen a big suburban area where no one owns a dog, cat or even a budgie! You see the characters in all the other soaps that have animals living with them and then they get big storylines when their pet dies!

*I counted 43. There's probably more. I went by families. I counted Ciarán and Cathal as O'Briens. ;)

Paddy Clarke had a dog.
    Has niamh s grandad got a dog ?

He lost his taxi license anyway. But he would still have his normal license. So good question why was he so sketchy about the Garda checks? He could've just taken the lights off the roof. But.......he did say before that the taxi was leased. I thought we saw it carted off already

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭flowerbattle

Can someone explain to me please the beef Cathal has with Eoghan? Is there anything there or is he just a red herring thrown in for Debbie?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Best episode of FC ever! LH stole the show. Stripey started off badly but improved. The finally mentions his own mental health problems. But......FFS Cathal tipped them off? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? Blocked txt??

I was thinking the same thing. How the hell do you send a blocked text?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I know, a blocked text!!! Seriously these scriptwriter interns are off thier head I'm surprised eoghan didn't jump on his hover board from the roof and cruise back to Carrickstown

I know, a blocked text!!! Seriously these scriptwriter interns are off thier head I'm surprised eoghan didn't jump on his hover board from the roof and cruise back to Carrickstown

It's a pity he didn't jump off and land on Laura while she out for her midnight run. That would have been two moany feckers gone out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would say Cathal texted off one of his many unknown mobile numbers

Where did Jodi go?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

L/H (sobbing, broken-heartedly) ''I just want it to stop. I just want it all to be over..''

Boardies (sobbing, equally broken-heartedly) ''So do we, Ciaran. for fook's sake, so do we......'' :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS, Stripey, chill out and go stack another Ballantine vending machine.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where did Jodi go?

Back whoring in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Anyone care to explain why Cathal hates Eoghan so much that he torments him over a probably dead daughter - yet helps to save him from suicide (via a blocked text)?

These writers don't spend 5 seconds figuring this out do they?

Wouldn't it have been hilarious had LH let K T go and when she got out she spent the next two weeks trying to find her way home..arriving xmas day with a map in her hand asking her mammy if this is her home! Be a lot more believable than the past 6 months of this sh1te.

Can someone explain to me please the beef Cathal has with Eoghan? Is there anything there or is he just a red herring thrown in for Debbie?

Ha ha funny ......saw what u did there ! What's Cathals beef...or is he just a red herring ?? Talk about throwing the cat among the pigeons ! Think we're all getting addled after 8 months of this :D:D I am !

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

jos28 wrote: »
    I wish they would too. Last I heard she was running a wedding dress business. They could easily create a storyline to bring her back. So long as it doesn't involve yet another Don Paulioni sprog.

Were they a couple before she left? She was great though. I miss all the old FC gang especially Anne, Lily and Johnny One.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,814 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Anyone care to explain why Cathal hates Eoghan so much that he torments him over a probably dead daughter - yet helps to save him from suicide (via a blocked text)?

Well he was merely trying to torment Eoghan and rub him up the wrong way. But Eoghan killing himself because of his actions would be a whole new ball game and it's very possible a Garda investigation would be able to trace the whole thing back to Cathal, meaning his name would be dirt for forcing a man to commit suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

I don't think Cathal intended things to go as far as Eoghan actually topping himself. Bad and all Cathal is, I don't think he is made of the same truly evil stuff as his father. I'd say he gets his kicks out of a bit a mental torture, but also possibly agreeing with the poster above, in that the Gardai would trace the thing back to Cathal.

Really did think last night was the night for Katie to be reunited with her parents, and Ciaran was to be the one to top himself, not Eoghan. The Ram should be more supportive to Debbie, he is a bit too casual about the whole thing, wanting Debbie to only allow poor Eoghan to stay only a night or two. I don't know how Debbie can look at him, and hasn't turned on him. I think Debbie and Eoghan will get their marriage back on track.

A terrific episode, very good acting, and more than convincing, last night. Still love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,814 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I don't think Cathal intended things to go as far as Eoghan actually topping himself. Bad and all Cathal is, I don't think he is made of the same truly evil stuff as his father. I'd say he gets his kicks out of a bit a mental torture, but also possibly agreeing with the poster above, in that the Gardai would trace the thing back to Cathal.

Really did think last night was the night for Katie to be reunited with her parents, and Ciaran was to be the one to top himself, not Eoghan. The Ram should be more supportive to Debbie, he is a bit too casual about the whole thing, wanting Debbie to only allow poor Eoghan to stay only a night or two. I don't know how Debbie can look at him, and hasn't turned on him. I think Debbie and Eoghan will get their marriage back on track.

A terrific episode, very good acting, and more than convincing, last night. Still love it!!

I enjoyed it too, it's far more entertaining than the Dermot - Niamh - Paul stuff.

Ciaran should really be looking for an exit strategy at this point. He has already lost control of the situation to a certain extent and is just fumbling along from day to day. It's actually Eoghan and Debbie who are suffering (and Katy most of all), not Emmett, which is making the kidnapping compeletely pointless. Also, by doing nothing, he is greatly increasing the chances of simply being found out.

Agree that Tommy was a bit casual last night, though I suppose the situation is a little awkward for him what with Eoghan being Debbie's husband. It would be different if she had some other sort of relation in dire need, he could be much more supportive then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Strazdas wrote: »

Well he was merely trying to torment Eoghan and rub him up the wrong way. But Eoghan killing himself because of his actions would be a whole new ball game and it's very possible a Garda investigation would be able to trace the whole thing back to Cathal, meaning his name would be dirt for forcing a man to commit suicide.

Meh the ground he fell on would be done for first degree murder. It would share a cell with the Ballantyne reception desk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why can't Ciaran send some voice recording of Katie where she lets them know she's ok and that's she's alive, at least then they would still know she's alive. Maybe a dictaphone recording.

nagdefy wrote: »
    If that Emmet lad was in my life i'd give him a kick in the ar*e that would land him on the Long Mile road.

What's the Long Mile road?

Number is Hidden. I've got them before from companies like but they don't want u to reply so there's a number.

I suppose because if Eoghan died then he won't be able to keep torturing him I assume that's more fun for Cathal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

fin12 wrote: »
    What's the Long Mile road?

It's a road that is longer than a mile

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    Why can't Ciaran send some voice recording of Katie where she lets them know she's ok and that's she's alive, at least then they would still know she's alive. Maybe a dictaphone recording.

Are you for fooking real? How much do you think his gameboy can actually do?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement