Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Some passionate affair...where is Hayley?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I love the way characters in FC just show up on the doorstep out of the blue and with no prior warning and just expect full bed and board and a job handed to them, I mean Callum wtf?? Are we expected to believe that he had nowhere else to go and nobody else to spend the holidays with from all his circle over in Barcelona? Then hes offered a bloody JOB after one day, ridiculous.

And I fear that when the whole PLAN Is exposed and Niamh comes off looking vindictive and nasty,she will still end up drifting back towards Paul who will no doubt forgive him and they will end up playing house again and we are back to square one, lets face it there are no more interesting storylines for Niamh or Paul, its all been done so the viewers are subjected to the same old affair-revenge-forgiveness cycle over and over again. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that there be another plan for revenge on Paul by Niamh in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

And I fear that when the whole PLAN Is exposed and Niamh comes off looking vindictive and nasty,she will still end up drifting back towards Paul who will no doubt forgive him and they will end up playing house again and we are back to square one, lets face it there are no more interesting storylines for Niamh or Paul, its all been done so the viewers are subjected to the same old affair-revenge-forgiveness cycle over and over again. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that there be another plan for revenge on Paul by Niamh in 2020.

You obviously haven't a clue what this plan is all about. Didn't you know, if anything happens they just press ctrl z and it's all back to normal.

Change of heart? ctrl z
    Local scheming barmaid about to spill the beans? ctrl z
    Change of heart again? ctrl z

and so on and so on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I love how the speakeasy has two managers, an accountant and Paul and niamh working on it for months and they are still just at the 'ideas' stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Of all the poorly written bat**** scenarios, sending a 5 year old over to Barcelona to spend Christmas with her 19ish year old sister that works in a nightclub (and biological mother) takes the biscuit? Why would Rachel not come home for Christmas? Is she still so pissed off with Paul for kind of blackmailing Charlotte for killing her Dad. Didn't he already go over to patch things up. Paul let Oisin, Charlotte & co. kidnapping him go very easily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

The Fair City writers have a bit to go before they make Dermot's appearance of dying credible.

Here's a clip from a film about Napoleon from 2002. Napoleon died in 1821 on St. Helena from stomach cancer (some say arsenic poisoning by the English as his hair had 10 times the normal amount when analysed this century). Napoleon died at 51, roughly Dermot's age i'd say. I remember Dermot saying in an episode of Fair City around 1997 to Anne Clarke 'if i was only 21..or even 31!'. So he's at least 50, that being 19 years ago.

The clip starts 3 years before Napoleon's death in 1818 where he chats to Betsy Balcombe (13) before her family left the island. Straight after we see his deterioration over the next 3 years until his death. Have a look at the clip from 2min 40sec to 3min 40sec. He looks a bit worse than Dermissh :D

The full clip of 8min is very interesting, especially for any history buffs like myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBH7jTTUf4o

One look at Phillip is enough..

Galapogos for Xmas! Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

lol raging at missing out on skating while she is in the galapogus?

Do any real Dubs use the word 'toerag'?!

• Advertisement

Oisin, getting the fooking speakeasy up and running is all we care about too.

nagdefy wrote: »
    Do any real Dubs use the word 'toerag'?!

It's a great word. I'm a Dub.

Galapogos for Xmas! Lol!Back to full on absolute sh*te! So they have to stop the Speakeasy going ahead until Christmas! It's Dec 15th there'll be nothing done in Dublin this side of Xmas! Lol

Big branding moguls always have their meetings in an ould fellahs pub in the subarbs. Not a sniff of a laptop or ipod between them.

Big branding moguls always have their meetings in an ould fellahs pub in the subarbs. Not a sniff of a laptop or ipod between them.

walshb wrote: »
    It's a great word. I'm a Dub.

I lived and worked there for 10yrs and never heard it.

That's mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

when he said he was taking Ben over to see Zoe and Kelly . . . I thought he was going to say to the south side

but the galapagos. sigh.

How about a boards Fair City posters trip to the Galapogos to destress after the Christmas, seems to be the place to go ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Emmets brown cardigan looks like something out of the Steptoe and son costume department!
    Looks like it reeks.

• Advertisement

Sorry, how are we meant to buy Callum giveing a rats ass about his mammy when it's clear as day he despises her?

Have to say, I laughed at Patrick Dempsey: Is this clown really your brother?

Jane's going hell for leather with the online dating.... Fair play

Being upset and dismayed because your daughter is missing & a local criminal convinced you briefly she was on the game but really he doesnt know where she is, is not depression! Completely normal I'd say!!!!! Are the Gripeys not going to inform the cops of Cathals little stunt?

Ben has a little crush :)

Can't say i blame him!

Here's KT! Yaay!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Ruth is gone already

ah for God's sake

Niamh.. you're devious and conniving but where exactly are you going?? And will you have a friend when you get there?

If Niamh is dishing out jobs for the boys maybe she would her brother Sean up! Can't wait for the Eoghan crash and burn in the Ballintyne. If I was Morbegs I might have concern about hiring a man whos wife and lover are also staff members, oh & a guy who "killed" his son on the premises!

Ruth is gone already

ah for God's sake

I feel for that poor child. She's feck*d around like an infirmary piss pot.

laylag wrote: »
    Emmets brown cardigan looks like something out of the Steptoe and son costume department!
    Looks like it reeks.

I wouldn't say personal hygiene is high on his priority list either :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Niamh has fantastic compassionate timing:
    Dermot "I want the last Christmas i have with my kids to be a special one"
    Niamh:"hmm..when do you think the money will be in our bank accounts?"!!!!
    Elsewhere its great to see Oisin back to his witty devious self hes easily the best thing about FC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement