Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

je551e wrote: »
    What's wrong with Callum's mouth since he came back ? Talking through gritted teeth the whole time

I suspect he thinks he's Cilian Murphy, in the same way Orla thinks she is Jennifer Aniston. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Beginning to like Niamh less and less these days. She is cold, calculating, devious and vindictive. Rachel, Ruth, Callum will all get hurt as well as Paul. It won't do Dermot any good either. I still believe Dermot will survive. He will survive as a ruined man professionally and he will blame Niamh for exploiting him. We cannot forget she also used the O'Briens in her plans too by telling them their house was to be used for the speakeasy.

She will have a lot of enemies ganging up on her by the time she is finished. All those mentioned above along with Oisin, Charlotte, Jane, Hayley, Nicola, etc. too. Paul will find he will have a lot of unlikely allies on his side by the end of this! Would not put it past Niamh to have her try and pin the whole thing on Dermot, Jane, Nicola or Oisin should she have a change of heart if Paul had a heart attack!

I'll be honest I never liked Niamh. A hypocritical entitled eegit

First thing KT will say when she gets out..... " wtf, the Speakeasy still isn't open???"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

We all know Carraigstown has the worlds fastest travel agents that can gaurantee you on a next day flight. Not only that but get you sat next to a person who booked their flight seperately months or weeks before you. Be a bad turn if Ruthie had to sit down the back of the plane with a stag do. Won't be much of a holiday for Kelly with her little sister in tow, no chance of a night out. What're Rachels plan to mind a 5 year old for a couple of weeks? Considering she works in a nightclub. My 5 year old neice is up at the crack of dawn and is full of beabs until about 8.30. I struggle to keep her entertained for a few hours let alone a couple of weeks! Hilarious stuff. Wonder will either of Ben's mother's give him a buzz or have any say in how he spends Xmas day?

I know it's all go in the Plan & KT but I wonder if poor Pete got a job? He might have fit the bill in the Ballintyne better than the third point in the hotel love triange (square). Was it actually the bar counter he used to murder Michael?

I forgot to mention they have the world's fastest car insurance agents too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

I'll be honest I never liked Niamh. A hypocritical entitled eegit

Well summed up. Always thinks she's more clever than she actually is. Same old facial expressions are growing tiresome at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Wasn't Callum a notorious joyrider at one stage?

Indeed he was and I Paulus failed to seize the opportunity to turn Callum into a racing driver. I Paulus is either a multimillionaire or he's skint living from hand to mouth every week. Can't see him pulling much out of the garage or the Pod every week. So where does he make his money ? Niamh is no better.....swanning around like she owns Carrickstown. We see her occasionally sitting in front of a computer screen and tapping a few keys.

The sharing of an office by a courier,an accountant, Niamh's business, whatever it is and Hayley and Mondo's 'business' is laughable. I think I'll ask them can I rent the broom cupboard for my new Industrial Espionage business......one could learn a lot peeping out through the crack in a broom cupboard........so I'm told ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

Is Katie set to be released next week for christmas or will fair city drag it on for another 5 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Don't forget Zoe was told at 7pm that she could make her flight to the Galapagos at 11pm THAT SAME NIGHT (that well travelled Dublin-Galapagos route!),and in that extremely brief window of time, she had to get her visa, book into the same hotel as her sister, book the flight and also sit next to her sister, sort out spending money and any shots required for travel to that part of the world not to mention pack her suitcase!!!

FC really is the pits when it comes to even basic research around the actions of the characters. Even the fashion is a joke- Jane is showing more shoulder now in Winter Dublin than Lanzarote in July. Then you have so many characters bumping into each other in Spar every morning, despite different work start times, shifts, etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,814 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Jodotman wrote: »
    Is Katie set to be released next week for christmas or will fair city drag it on for another 5 months!

Looking like there will be no release and this storyline is set to keep going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Strazdas wrote: »
    Looking like there will be no release and this storyline is set to keep going.

I'd even accept temporary release at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Did anyone else notice that Hughie and his 'old friend' from a few months back (who verbally abused Jane) acted like strangers to each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Did anyone else notice that Hughie and his 'old friend' from a few months back (who verbally abused Jane) acted like strangers to each other?

Just like Jane's internet date was planted in it tonight so too was Hughie's "besty."

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Jodotman wrote: »

At this stage it might as well keep it going until the big 1 year anniversary next May!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

youwould wrote: »
    At this stage it might as well keep it going until the big 1 year anniversary next May!

Maybe charlie and cass will put on a play for it :rolleyes: with cass starring as eoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

je551e wrote: »
    What's wrong with Callum's mouth since he came back ? Talking through gritted teeth the whole time

I noticed too that he was speaking differently. Could he have braces and be trying to hide them onscreen ? Think I'll watch again !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Will Deco get a refund from the Marker hotel?... €2,500 a night for the penthouse.. :eek: ..... It's probably double that at Christmas.... :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Will Deco get a refund from the Marker hotel?... €2,500 a night for the penthouse.. :eek: ..... It's probably double that at Christmas.... :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,814 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Kerri-Ann was a bit bossy last night, deciding that they'd spend Christmas Day volunteering and without even consulting hin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Strazdas wrote: »
    Kerri-Ann was a bit bossy last night, deciding that they'd spend Christmas Day volunteering and without even consulting hin.

Facebook Fair City page ▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪》

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

youwould wrote: »
    I'm hoping he'll bump into Robbie soon. It'll be interesting to see if they'll remember that Callum helped Robbie steal all of Paul's cars from the garage a couple of years back.

Remember when Robbie came into FC, he was a criminal who then offered Callum more work after he had been a getaway driver for one of Robbie's robberies or something.

Pity FC completely forgot about this side to Robbie. At the time I was looking forward to Callum getting involved with Robbie. Then Scriptwriters changed shifts and Robbie turned into the next Michael Jordan of wheelchair basketball and general Mr Nice Guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yea sure he robbed all of Paul's cars and nothing more was ever said about it. Bizarre show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Paul might think he has everything going from him in life, but behind all his boasts of being a great businesses and his bottom less pit of money, he really has nothing, nothing of importance anyway, he's whole family have shafted him and plot against him on a regular basis, there is no genuine love from any of his offspring for him and a wife who absolutely despises him, obviously only time will tell with Ruth. He has nobody genuine in his life that cares for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Paul obvious has no outgoings. He has had no money in his account for ages but hasn't noticed yet.

I know and how many times can you aggressively abuse a staff member before you get barred. But if Trigger couldnt manage it in the Station or Cathal in the Pig, I think you'd have to burn a place down to get barred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Niall_76 wrote: »
    Paul obvious has no outgoings. He has had no money in his account for ages but hasn't noticed yet.

Are we meant assume he has one massive savings account and a pretty substantial current account to use for his daily business?

You'd imagine the financially savvy Don wouldn't have all his eggs in the one basket. A broad portfolio of investments in stocks and shares, money tied up in property, tied in tracker bonds etc. The script writers must think we're very naive and gullible to think that all a business man's finances are in one account and it can be taken away from him by hitting enter on a laptop.

God knows when you do your online banking you have a few codes to enter to transfer anything and if you leave the pc idle for a minute you're logged out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

EIREDriver wrote: »
    Remember when Robbie came into FC, he was a criminal who then offered Callum more work after he had been a getaway driver for one of Robbie's robberies or something.

Pity FC completely forgot about this side to Robbie. At the time I was looking forward to Callum getting involved with Robbie. Then Scriptwriters changed shifts and Robbie turned into the next Michael Jordan of wheelchair basketball and general Mr Nice Guy.

FC writers forget about their lunch breaks!

Its a shambles of a show in soapland anyway. Crap production, despite its budget and crap writing.

Jobs for a jobs sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Le Cheval

Can someone fill me in on Robbie's former criminal activities? I'd forgotten all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Le Cheval wrote: »
    Can someone fill me in on Robbie's former criminal activities? I'd forgotten all about it.

He appeared out of nowhere and roped Callum into doing riskey **** and eventually cleaning out Pulio's garage of cars. Didn't matter anyway, the insurance company paid out. Now he is a reformed character living the life in FC as a respectable citizen. Considering his form, I'm amazed he got upset about Emmet's card game in a back office of the bookies we've never seen.

Overall...Robbie = An actor that begged to stay or knew somebody and then stayed. This made previous stories totally and utterly out of contest. But that's FC for you.

• Advertisement

Another pointless stupid fk'in plot for one of the only actorst that can act, Bob.

Christ.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement