Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

walshb wrote: »
    Since when did they merge the Ballintine with the Community Centre?

I just switched over for two minutes while watching the match. What? Are they now saying the community centre is beside the hotel which is supposed to be miles away!! I recall them even saying it was half way to Celbridge first and then they reduced it down to a couple of miles (), then walking distance! So now uou are saying its beside the community centre!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,454 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Barchanic Mikey must be turning in his grave all the grieving his mam is doing for her poor dead son

Who is this Melanie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Wow! That extra or random hotel girl could really act! She spoke like a real human would, not the standard rattling off lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Barchanic Mikey must be turning in his grave all the grieving his mam is doing for her poor dead son

Who is this Melanie?

The speaking extra. Have to say, they did that scene very well between her and Stripey!

This is it with Fair City.
    Affairs or relationships don't have any build up.

Like most plots the affair plot arc will start on a Sunday.

Any communication/interaction between two random characters indicates try will be part of a story together.

To force the story on us we will have 3 or 4 completely random situation scenes with these characters to make it seem natural that they are close somewhat. Tommy getting Sunday dinner at Stripey, Stripey being there when Dermish starts another out of nowhere outburst towards The Ram, just general chats.

A random scene involving the person being cheated on (gripey ) will occur next episode with Gripey upsetting Stripey. He will either be lazy or slobbish or will inadvertently insult and upset Stripey by saying something about her appearance. Perhaps "why the long face", "why do you look like you are in shock all the time" "stripes don't suit you."

Tommy and Gripey will suddenly be best mates. They will drink together, timmy will be gardening for him, things like that.

There will be one or two more episodes of random DebnRam (see why I done there!) Scenes, some flirting, deep chats and stolen glances

. Stripey will make a comment re her relationship with Gripey to The Ram. Something like "oh I can't remember the last time we went to dinner" or "Gripey hates these strpes" (after Tommy compliments same stripes.)

This will lead to the deal breaker when Tommy spouts "he doesn't appreciate you enough".

By Sunday the affair will be in full swing.

Fair City. As subtle as Jose Morinho is modest. As predictable as a misery story on The Late Late.
    And so it begins..............................

Three months of "Its Over,"............ "I cant do this anymore",.............. "I love gripey",............ "I miss you Tommy",............ "Listen Stripey I cant do this anymore to Gripey",,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "Come to the ploughing championship with me".......

fasten your seatbelts boardsies. Its going to be a repetitive three months!

As I predicted a fortnight ago this is Still living up to the stereotype Fair City affair plot sequence.......

• Advertisement

As I predicted a fortnight ago this is Still living up to the stereotype Fair City affair plot sequence.......

hey now be fair Tommy is suddenly an enviromentalist who wants to start an eco village

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I have seen tortoises more alert than Charlie

hey now be fair Tommy is suddenly an enviromentalist who wants to start an eco village

Only because he only has three months to complete the affair plot and the ploughing isnt until September!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Oooooo stripes is on the pull:)

Oooooo stripes is on the pull:)

Can't say I blame her Tommy is the best lookiing fella in carrickstown

• Advertisement

sX8uq2T.gif

Stripey is officially a convert to the gospel according to The Ram!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Deegan arresting Sean was the most predictable thing since Dublin baitin Kerry on Sunday ;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

That last scene of passion should have come with a heavy pre-scene warning to people of a sensitive stomach and children, that way they could have at least left the room. What is the history between Sean and the guard? I think I missed this.

On another topic, is there something wrong with Jim Bartley's legs or hips? There hasn't been one scene of him standing or walking in the show for months now..

That last scene of passion should have come with a heavy pre-scene warning to people of a sensitive stomach and children, that way they could have at least left the room. What is the history between Sean and the guard? I think I missed this.

On another topic, is there something wrong with Jim Bartley's legs or hips? There hasn't been one scene of him standing or walking in the show for months now..

I was waiting for if you have been affected ..........................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Crouching Tiger Hidden Guard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"We'll all be forgotten someday"

You mean like Esther, Charlie

• Registered Users Posts: 21 New Delly

Only saw Sundays episode now - I know its an employers market but if my boss asked me to bring his washing to the launderette, I would tell him where to go. That said, Sash said she was doing it and this is supposedly why Sean had to man the bar - why then did we see Sean in the launderette in that weird pointless scene later on? Also, what bar shift would begin when its dark (approximately 9.30 pm these days) and end early enough for the staff to go for a pint, in the same pub while its still open?

Also, if you are going to wangle a job for your brother, I don't believe you would phone up a fleeting business acquaintance on a Sunday to do it. Hey presto! Another job falls into a Carrickstown residents lap!

Rose went to the bother of styling her hair with a "curling tongs" and using hairspray on it, only for it to be covered with her hat, and we never even got to see her "act" after all those tedious rehearsals.

Sheeesh!

Melanie should get with angry Sean if he can get a job in that luxury hotel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Sean needs to stop taking life so seriously and start riding some young wans.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Sean is arrested and has to walk to the station with Deegan by the looks of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Jeez the interviewers made their minds up very fast about Sean!
    At least he didn't show up in a tracksuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Don't mermaids keep their legs closed.........
    Heather the mermaid? I don't see anything special about her hair?

Sorry I meant to say Jackie :)

That hotel Luxery lol travlodge look nicer the Dolpfin pod looks nicer

why did Fair City introduce a hotel & travelodge into the soap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That hotel Luxery lol travlodge look nicer the Dolpfin pod looks nicer

why did Fair City introduce a hotel & travelodge into the soap
    There were no more job vacancies in McCoy's

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Wow! That extra or random hotel girl could really act! She spoke like a real human would, not the standard rattling off lines

She was in it a few months ago, having a go at Carrie Crowley when she took over running the Ballintine. Seems like a decent actress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

walshb wrote: »
    The speaking extra. Have to say, they did that scene very well between her and Stripey!

She was a bit insolent though, seeing as Debbie was the acting hotel manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,484 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Don't be quoting yourself so much. Get Deegan's hair cut. Then it might all be believabubble.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Don't be quoting yourself so much. e.

When do I be quoting myself so much if really every! ......... and what's the issue!

I thought it was a fitting time to quote it considering it is mirroring exactly how I said it would pan out almost and i was just having a laugh at the predictiveness of it all!!! (",)

Hardly a narcissistic post!! (",) ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The Cass feeling sorry for Ray thing is confusing. It's been going on for two episodes and then he decides to set up a poker tournament to apologise to Ray. Did Ray even turn up? Cass was saying 'keep smiling and pretend you're enjoying yourself. Some biscuits?' I honestly hadn't a clue what was going on there tbh.

• Advertisement

i just thought it was hilarious they have now used those set of cards and chips as plot devices for 2 separate unconnected plots within a few days!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement