Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

Why is Callum wearing the hat ALL the time. Indoors, outdoors, ...
    Why are he and Oisin playing "businessman/investor". What age are they????? Why am I watching this rubbish???So sick of the Niamh story too. Playing masterful manipulator..NOT. Where is this story going? Why doesnt she just divorce Paul? She can get proof he is cheating and she will have access to the "kids" the loss of this seems to be her biggest fear .. Doing what she is doing (stupid plan we are all supposed to think is so risky) she is going to end up alienating herself from all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    When my young lad was about 4, his Granda, who hadn't seen him for a couple of months, remarked that he had grown another foot. Yer man looks down at his feet & says Nope. I still only have two!

Hes still not allowed do a thing for himself though - he cant stay in a pub for ten minutes on his own, he cant walk from the hairy pig to his house and he still needs babysitting at 12 yrs of age hes completely mollycoddled.

Yet his step da is dying and Binjummmin is verging on death also but Dermisssjhh is to busy making an inevitable to fail plan that he hasn't given an ounce of consideration to what the kids will do when he 'dies'...... Eh, Robbie/Jane can you babysit these for .......the rest of their lives. I'm off to die!

Don't worry I have made a plan so you can get theme a bit of dinner every night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Why is Callum wearing the hat ALL the time. Indoors, outdoors, ...
    Why are he and Oisin playing "businessman/investor". What age are they????? Why am I watching this rubbish???So sick of the Niamh story too. Playing masterful manipulator..NOT. Where is this story going? Why doesnt she just divorce Paul? She can get proof he is cheating and she will have access to the "kids" the loss of this seems to be her biggest fear .. Doing what she is doing (stupid plan we are all supposed to think is so risky) she is going to end up alienating herself from all of them.
    Proof? She already had a video she recorded on her phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Niamh wont divorce Paul because it would take too long then for the inevitable "Paul and Niamh get back together" story arc to materialize. Niamh and Paul are never going to leave FC therefore there is nothing left for the viewers except this constant cycle of Paul cheats, Niamh finds out, forgives Paul, then a few months later it happens again. Its beyond boring at this stage. I don't know why the producers don't just can the two of them, they serve no purpose at this stage and there is literally zero tension in their storylines. I mean, how many people here, HONESTLY, believe at the end of this Plan, that Niamh and Paul are finished forever and will have nothing to do with each other from now until they leave the soap????

Its never going to happen. Niamh will no doubt either abandon the Plan before its executes OR she will find a way to blame Dermot or Oisin.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The Plan......

If it works it works. If it doesn't then ctrl z....

That's all we need to know...

Genius!

• Advertisement

BTW, what is the Plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

walshb wrote: »
    BTW, what is the Plan?

Effectively to ruin Paul financially as a form of revenge for his infidelity with Hayley and supposedly to set Niamh up for a new life in Spain. Dermot is also meant to take a big cut in order that Ben and Zoe have money after he dies (this latter part seems very implausible though, that a dying man would steal money from his client for such a purpose).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Strazdas wrote: »
    Effectively to ruin Paul financially as a form of revenge for his infidelity with Hayley and supposedly to set Niamh up for a new life in Spain. Dermot is also meant to take a big cut in order that Ben and Zoe have money after he dies (this latter part seems very implausible though, that a dying man would steal money from his client for such a purpose).

Considering he has, I presume, a mortgage on his house/business and would need to have life insurance cover... when he dies there would likely be a payout on that anyway.

Strazdas wrote: »

I love the way posters reply to me so sincerely when I keep asking this...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Have to laugh at them going mad at Kerrie Anns elf outfit. It's probably the longest skirt she ever wore on the show.

• Advertisement

I love the way posters reply to me so sincerely when I keep asking this...:P

Well I've just given a synopsis for anyone here who is genuinely curious about what The Plan is :D

Also, at this stage is there anyone, apart from Paulio (and his ever efficient bank, and the financial regulator) that doesn't know about the plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

walshb wrote:
    Also, at this stage is there anyone, apart from Paulio (and his ever efficient bank, and the financial regulator) that doesn't know about the plan?

No and he's about the only one who isn't in line for a cut of it either! Its like a co-op at this stage' . They ll all come out with about €37.50 at this rate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Ciaran's mask is slipping and he is having trouble holding in his hatred of Emmett at this stage. He is very close to flying off the handle with Emmett and we will inevitably see this happen from time to time. Ciaran does not know what to do with Katy. He seems to genuinely like the O'Briens (apart from Emmett) and he wants to release Katy but he is afraid of the consequences. Eoghan will be furious when he finds out the man who saved his life is also the man who drove Eoghan to nearly commit suicide in the first place.

This Dermot story remains weird. I still believe he is not dying in the immediate future anyway and feel there is some other dimension here we are not being told about. He is not acting like a man who is going to die very soon. Never saw him cry, he did not tell Jo or his children even now, he seems more interested in this Paul scam than anything else.

We know that Dermot has a serious illness as Jane discovered something to state this. What we are less sure of .. what is being kept from us! .. is the prognosis. Could he have a curable disease or a terminal disease that can be kept at bay for years or even decades with the right medication? Does he need Paul's money to pay for the cure?

He is very close to flying off the handle with Emmette first place.

What? Been flying off the handle with Eskimo Boy since day 1....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Dermo is looking a bit yellow in the face and red eyed, the last week or so, presume the writers trying to give a "sick" look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

bazermc wrote: »
    Dermo is looking a bit yellow in the face and red eyed, the last week or so, presume the writers trying to give a "sick" look.
    Getting to look a bit like phil mitchell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Who? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

bazermc wrote: »

Who? :)
    Character with liver cancer in eastenders

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Anyone see Ciaran/ love hate on the Afternoon Show today or wherever it's called now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Character with liver cancer in eastenders

Cirrhosis. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Neimh is going to invite all Paul's lady friends to Xmas dinner, as you do.. :rolleyes: but why?? I wonder :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ciaran giving out to Emmett for his treatment of women :rolleyes:
    and Farah is back out of the blue

To get with either Ciaran, Eoghan or Emmet no doubt, wait who else is single maybe Callum :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Aww, no drama till Wednesday, so.. .. Let's make more fun of FC..

I know we've all analysed the Neimh /Derms 'plan' ... After all the investigations are carried out by the financial regulators (will they get involved?) useless shower anyway!) .... Who's really going to gain? ... Really this Plan is a car crash for Derms and Neimh... Even if they did get away with it, wouldn't Niamh, if she divorced Paul still have to give Paul half of her assets?

I'm scarlet for the writers, I'm also scarlet for the actors who have to play out this shtei 'plan'..... God help them, they must see the mess the writers are making of it.

I'm also scarlet for the actors who have to play out this shtei 'plan'..... God help them, they must see the mess the writers are making of it.

Yeah I often wonder about the actor's views. I mean if you play a character for a while you must get into it and feel you own it somewhat. Personally I wouldn't be able to stop myself from saying ........ ' sorry now, but nobody would say or do that'!!!! Or ...... 'its just nonsensical for my character to put up with that / react that way'.

Given that katys cell's soundproofing is Whitehouse bunker worthy you'd think in all these months she'd have been allowed a Tv or at least a radio! Not even a copy of the sunday world magazine for company. Shes literally been in solitary confinement the entire time. Yet she's not remotely stir crazy!?
    I've been more antsy waiting for my number to be called in the NDLS centre!

Wouldn't it be hilarious if LH got a tv in for the Christmas and he and K T sitting back with hats on their heads and a box of celebrations watching Moreceambe and Wise..... It's that fooking stupid a story that it wouldn't at all be out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Wouldn't it be hilarious if LH got a tv in for the Christmas and he and K T sitting back with hats on their heads and a box of celebrations watching Moreceambe and Wise..... It's that fooking stupid a story that it wouldn't at all be out of place.

Ive always wondered how KT hasn't just tried to kill herself at this stage, its easy enough for people to say there is still hope but being confined in such a tight space for months and months on end would drive anyone crazy. Its obvious Ciaran is in complete limbo- he hasn't the guts to kill her and he hasn't the guts to let her go and face the consequences. KTs only chance is to slit herself with the mirror and call his bluff- if he does nothing she wont be suffering anymore and if he calls the ambulance she might pull through and see her family again.

I genuinely think this story is going to go on forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

If Phil Mitchell looked any yellower, he could change his name to Simpson & move to Springfield.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Advertisement

Ive always wondered how KT hasn't just tried to kill herself at this stage, its easy enough for people to say there is still hope but being confined in such a tight space for months and months on end would drive anyone crazy. Its obvious Ciaran is in complete limbo- he hasn't the guts to kill her and he hasn't the guts to let her go and face the consequences. KTs only chance is to slit herself with the mirror and call his bluff- if he does nothing she wont be suffering anymore and if he calls the ambulance she might pull through and see her family again.

I genuinely think this story is going to go on forever.

It would be unusual for someone in her situation to attempt suicide. Most hostages have a very strong survival instinct and a desire to get out of the situation at all costs. A fake suicide attempt would be a different matter of course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement