Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Conveniently mentioned tonight.... To show us why Hughie broke and also why we can expect to see heather back any given day. Nice how Renee just dismissed Hughie trying to say he can't pay Heathers hospital fees forever...when she's meant to be there to help him with his finances.

Also, Renee will replace Jane as the manager, and Jane will be kept on, as an extra barmaid. Good man Hughie.

New Staff Rota:
    Rennee (3 months on, 3 months off)
    Jane (3 months on, 9 months off)
    Orla (just come and go as you please)
    Stephens still on his jobsbridge scheme with them.

Well Coat22 ....Ellie played a blinder tonight ! Her lines were brilliant ! She's definitely showing promise ! Go girl :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I kind of don't understand what happened with Decco and Oisín. Decco saw the pics on Oisín's phone and filmed himself roaring at Oisín, making 'threats.' Big deal. Decco is about as scary as Mickey Mouse. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I couldn't stop laughing at Oisin turning up with a brand new hurley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,729 ✭✭✭✭walshb

youwould wrote: »
    Decco is about as scary as Mickey Mouse. :confused:

They really are overplaying this "I'm a Bishop. Don't fcuk with me" nonsenese. He's made about a dozen threats to Oisin and each time he gets slagged and laughed at. It's similar to the "where's me money" story lines they love.

• Advertisement

FC actor of the night award goes to...........Mick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

When Decco roared "just Leave it" at Sash last night, that was brilliant, thought it was so funny, highlight of the episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Whatever Decco did to scare Oisin happened during the break on Sunday night... any speculation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Well Coat22 ....Ellie played a blinder tonight ! Her lines were brilliant ! She's definitely showing promise ! Go girl :-)

Actually thought she did very well in the earlier scenes with Bill Murray and reverted to amateur in the later ones with Renne which goes to show how you can be dragged down to the level of bad actors like Renne,

Jury still out for me though - she's only getting any easy ride on here because she's an 11 year old girl, which is fair enough but I think I could get my 5 year old to look sad and say "please mummy" and "that's not fair" and I wouldn't be raving about her being a "great actor"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think a lot of children could play children in soaps, just have to play themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

My young lad attends drama. He's 13. The acting from some of his peers is incredible and I hate being so PC here, but there are kids out there (Dublin northside) who CAN act, and would put the majority of the FC cast to shame. Sadly, my young lad isnt one of them ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Fittle wrote: »
    My young lad attends drama. He's 13. The acting from some of his peers is incredible and I hate being so PC here, but there are kids out there (Dublin northside) who CAN act, and would put the majority of the FC cast to shame. Sadly, my young lad isnt one of them ;-)

He wouldn't have to be if you were in the inner circle at RTE :)

I am convinced 90% of the FC crew (actors, writers, directors, producers) are all from the same group of schools in Dublin as are RTE management so unless you somehow figure out how to become part of the other 10% you haven't a hope of getting into the gig and FC will continue with the worlds worst actors forever.

walshb wrote: »
    FC actor of the night award goes to...........Mick!

Method acting at its best. Jane just leaned over the bar in her revealing guna and read his bodily stance and knew what his intentions were at that stage from her, his cravings, his desire, what he wanted more than anything in the world.................."the usual Mick"......

Mick conceded he wasnt going to get what he wanted today, he had waited 9 months for her return but it was not to be. So he merely accepted the pint. He didnt even get that in the end.

#getmickhispint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,866 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm loving Oisin, he is great with Charlotte too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

mloc123 wrote: »
    Whatever Decco did to scare Oisin happened during the break on Sunday night... any speculation?

Didn't call chill insurance ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Ellie must be planning to join ISIS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

Oh my God I'm dead at Pete and Dermot! Hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Kids doing homework in the pub now, staff serving nobody ah jaysus

Does anyone in Carrigstown hang out in their own home?

Hey Sheldon

Hello

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Judy, dead in the shed.. :D, FS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Caoimhe in a fire...hmm, why does that seem familiar? :rolleyes:

Sorry, wtf was the need for Caoimhe to light a match?

They blew the budget with that stunt

That's right, Caoimhe. You stand around trying to put the fire out when the door is wide open to escape!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

The match lighting was ridiculous. Just five minutes prior she was berating Cass for not having a mobile phone...! Even a phone screen would be brighter than a match if it didn't have a torch capability.

Jane to Hughie: 'You cant fire me, because I quit.' You tell em Jane😒

oh god, now it will be Damien v Pete, Cas and Dermishhhhh for the next two months........AGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Oh FFS, Bob. Will you speak up!

• Advertisement

Can we run a pool? Will we ever see Rennie pull a pint? Who'll get the blame for the fire? Tommy I going to F them up! Can someone PLEASE explain the Bob-Rennie relationship/living arrangement? Also if I was Jane I would have Hughie straight down the employment court, sacked without warning or cause and her position filled by her boss's sister in law? Are the writers teen agers? Do they know anything about the real world? Do they know how to escape a shed?

Jane to Hughie: 'You cant fire me, because I quit.' You tell em Jane😒

in fairness she deserves a bit of time out of employment. She hasnt had any time off now for, god it must be, two days. After 9 months off

Few months work on the horizon for the actor that plays Deegan. Hes going to have an orgasm when he hears that theres a possibility of nabbing someone for arson, illegal poitin making, a personal injury claim...........

Screw wheelbarrow tipping over, manslaughter charges against a bar counter, kidnappings, hostage situations, drug smuggling and bomb scares. This is the real deal for Deegan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Just as I thought we were going to have a story about Dermot becoming increasingly delusional,it's nipped in the bud. Judy's body in the shed FFS. And himself with his own wife gone off the scene

That's right, Caoimhe. You stand around trying to put the fire out when the door is wide open to escape!

Right behind her, Jesus .. :rolleyes:

Just as I thought we were going to have a story about Dermot becoming increasingly delusional,it's nipped in the bud. Judy's body in the shed FFS. And himself with his own wife gone off the scene

i only saw last 2 minutes?? Judith as in Tommy's wife is dead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Logic fails from tonight's episode:

1. Wayne being brought in for ONE SCENE where he doesn't even speak, just loiters by the old reliable Pringles shelf..

2.Im several months pregnant and a fire has started in an old useless rusty shed and there is a CLEAR EXIT 1 metre away- should I try and save this shed or my unborn child. The shed, apparently...

3. Amanda, thick with orange make up, approaches a blazing shed lit from alcohol with not even a hint of recoil from what would be tremendous heat. Not only that but she is then joined by Tommy and they both drag Coimhe out and there isn't a scratch or burn on any of them.

3 strikes, not looking good FC!

i only saw last 2 minutes?? Judith as in Tommy's wife is dead?

No, just Dermot speculating after a conversation with Tommy led him to believe Tommy was up to something shifty in the shed and had something to hide. Dermot and Pete broke into the shed only to knock over the poitin stil

Logic fails from tonight's episode:

1. Wayne being brought in for ONE SCENE where he doesn't even speak, just loiters by the old reliable Pringles shelf..

2.Im several months pregnant and a fire has started in an old useless rusty shed and there is a CLEAR EXIT 1 metre away- should I try and save this shed or my unborn child. The shed, apparently...

3. Amanda, thick with orange make up, approaches a blazing shed lit from alcohol with not even a hint of recoil from what would be tremendous heat. Not only that but she is then joined by Tommy and they both drag Coimhe out and there isn't a scratch or burn on any of them.

3 strikes, not looking good FC!

Who was it at the bar counter told Orla about Renee being offered the Manager job. Could have sworn it was Wayne?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Who was it at the bar counter told Orla about Renee being offered the Manager job. Could have sworn it was Wayne?

Was it? That goes to show how completely forgettable he is!

No, just Dermot speculating after a conversation with Tommy led him to believe Tommy was up to something shifty in the shed and had something to hide. Dermot and Pete broke into the shed only to knock over the poitin stil

ha!! Crazy Dermishhh is becoming funny!! Im beginning to speculate where Jiggly Jugs Judith is myself! A burried body would be a great idea. Prime suspects Tommy, Aunt Kitty, and Bob with Tommy being locked up Max Branning style whilst the real perpretrator (Bob??) roaming free. Tommy gets out after evidence rules him out and he seeks his revenge CRAZY TOMMY style

• Advertisement

Mick???
    He is well known for lurking around the bar counter anticipating Jane walking by?

#getmickthatbloodypint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Is Hughie actually any relation to Ellie??
    Caoimhe two feet fron the open door but decides to put out the fire..jesuswept!

I don't get the admiration for Ellie on here, an 11 year old acting like a 5-6 year old?!?... I haven't seen any of her other work but I can't see anything special / stand - out about her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Oisin has very girly bed sheets. Suppose they are appropriate.

Must be a treat for Charlotte to actually have sheets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Fittle wrote: »
    Is Hughie actually any relation to Ellie??
    Caoimhe two feet fron the open door but decides to put out the fire..jesuswept!

Hughie is no relation whatsoever - unless you count step-grand-Uncle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,866 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ben's real mama is back next to tell Dermot that Jo has met a new fella in America and her and Ben is moving in with him

Hughie is no relation whatsoever - unless you count step-grand-Uncle?

Hughie is Christys brother, his ex wife Rennie has a daughter with another man, Heather, she is Ellie's mum. So what responsibility or even emotional attachment is there? Wasn't Heather put up for adoption? Rennie/Christys split wasn't even amicable. Damned if I'd be looking after my brother's ex's love child's daughter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ben's real mama is back next to tell Dermot that Jo has met a new fella in America and her and Ben is moving in with him

We know what that means.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Few months work on the horizon for the actor that plays Deegan. Hes going to have an orgasm when he hears that theres a possibility of nabbing someone for arson, illegal poitin making, a personal injury claim...........

Screw wheelbarrow tipping over, manslaughter charges against a bar counter, kidnappings, hostage situations, drug smuggling and bomb scares. This is the real deal for Deegan.

They're very serious allegations you're making there, TTB. I think you need to go down to the station to make a statement.

monkey9 wrote: »
    They're very serious allegations you're making there, TTB. I think you need to go down to the station to make a statement.

there is no station in Carrigstown. Deegan is a self employed freelance officer.

Interviews are conducted either

In McCoys
    The Station
    Spar
    The Hungry Pig
    The Street
    Living Room of Person Involved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement