Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shangrilola

I didn't know where to put this, but we shall see if I'm right. I'm asking you to dig way back in your memory banks, but apparently American soaps of the 90's aren't the only gaping void of information on the internet. I came across a clip of Fair City from 1996 online, and now I'm inexplicably obsessed with finding out more about the Eoghan and Liam storyline. There is NOTHING online, at least not where I've looked. What can you all tell me about it, if anything? It's like a giant gap of information that goes from a void to an almost-kiss to a void to a Christmas episode where they're all awkward around each other to a void to one of them dies. Short of writing to RTE (who I'm sure would LOVE to hear from a strange American girl with a really old query about a show she can't even watch), this was the only place I could think of where someone might have some tidbits of information. Thank you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I didn't know where to put this, but we shall see if I'm right. I'm asking you to dig way back in your memory banks, but apparently American soaps of the 90's aren't the only gaping void of information on the internet. I came across a clip of Fair City from 1996 online, and now I'm inexplicably obsessed with finding out more about the Eoghan and Liam storyline. There is NOTHING online, at least not where I've looked. What can you all tell me about it, if anything? It's like a giant gap of information that goes from a void to an almost-kiss to a void to a Christmas episode where they're all awkward around each other to a void to one of them dies. Short of writing to RTE (who I'm sure would LOVE to hear from a strange American girl with a really old query about a show she can't even watch), this was the only place I could think of where someone might have some tidbits of information. Thank you!!

Who is Liam? Eoghan only appeared in FC in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Eoghan and Liam were a gay couple way back in the nineties, as far as I remember!
    Edit to say, I'm pretty sure Liam died - he had HIV/AIDS

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

From what I remember, I think Liam had a girlfriend at the time and Eoghan was single. They almost kissed in 1996 but for whatever reasons it never progressed further than that but it was kind of a huge deal back in the day. I think Liam was written out shortly after and Eoghan soon after that. I could be wrong but that's how I remember it.

Ah, a different Eoghan, I was thinking the present Eoghan playing a gay cachater.. How ironic would that be.

x9pyX3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

dee_mc wrote: »
    Eoghan and Liam were a gay couple way back in the nineties, as far as I remember!
    Edit to say, I'm pretty sure Liam died - he had HIV/AIDS

Editing again! Maybe the fella that died was called Simon? Eoghan was a barman in McCoy's I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

When Little Stripey was talking to Rachel in the Vinos and ordered her takeout lunch, I'm pretty certain she didn't pay. Just took it off the waitress and walked out.

Who says there's no such thing as a free lunch :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

youwould wrote: »
    From what I remember, I think Liam had a girlfriend at the time and Eoghan was single. They almost kissed in 1996 but for whatever reasons it never progressed further than that but it was kind of a huge deal back in the day. I think Liam was written out shortly after and Eoghan soon after that. I could be wrong but that's how I remember it.

I can vaguely remember that storyline(was very young at the time ). I think there was an older guy involved who was sick and bedridden , but always seemed to be puffing away on a cigarette with the ashtray on the bed lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Wasn't one of them shot? The blondie lad? Mixed up in some ****?

I think yous are all making up retro storylines. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I think yous are all making up retro storylines. :D

Probably better than the original story lines!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Desperate Dan is..... Desperate.

I predict he's either going to have a Bobby Ewing / Lazarus miracle cure sooner rather than later OR he gets written out - because his character is wheelie going absolutely nowhere right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

JoeA3 wrote: »

I predict he's either going to have a Bobby Ewing / Lazarus miracle cure sooner rather than later OR he gets written out - because his character is wheelie going absolutely nowhere right now!

other than up and down the street, to the park and to the beer garden.

JoeA3 wrote: »

The same can be said for half the cast, many of them have no real purpose.... I tell you, if I was in a soap I'd be the most boring, nothing exciting happens in my life, no affairs, no allotment, no meetings in the local shops gossiping and no community center. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I think the editing team are on hols at the moment - the other night when Eoghan called in to the hotel, he suggested that he and Debbie do something at 4.30 then a few mins after that he asked her what time she was finished work and she said 5.

The phone conversation between Laura and Katie was edited out of sequence.

Laura: "Actually I am kind of busy"
    Katie: "Can we talk, unless you're busy?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where is angry Dermot, was hoping he was stalking Tommy to catch him out giving Debbie a rogering

seriously though, where does Tommy live???? Doesnt he live alone or in some attic or something? Why doersnt he bring Stripey there???
    Or does he live in the park with Dan?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is angry Dermot, was hoping he was stalking Tommy to catch him out giving Debbie a rogering

What? Derms has only gone on his 6/8 week break, give him a few more weeks then he'll be back on the case. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

dee_mc wrote: »
    Editing again! Maybe the fella that died was called Simon? Eoghan was a barman in McCoy's I think.

Eoghan was a student (third level) and he lived with Imelda (who worked in Pizza Action with Hughie, Natalie and Gary) I think they both fancied Liam (or maybe she was dating him) but him and Eoghan almost kissed.

I have a vague recollection of him being involved in something dodgy (and I'm not just talking about his turtle neck jumpers) and was beaten up by or fled from some undesirables.

Where does Tommy live he had to book a hotel for himself & Debbie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Where does Tommy live he had to book a hotel for himself & Debbie

I think he just lives in one of the rooms at the Ballintine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Having began watching FC again in the last couple of weeks, where has Paul and big headed Damo gone too ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Having began watching FC again in the last couple of weeks, where has Paul and big headed Damo gone too ?

On their 3 month break expect them to reappear like magic tonight.

Speaking of 3 month breaks how come Emmet Eskimo 40 coats whatever his name is never seems to take a break, he is in every episode even for a minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

bazermc wrote: »
    On their 3 month break expect them to reappear like magic tonight.

Speaking of 3 month breaks how come Emmet Eskimo 40 coats whatever his name is never seems to take a break, he is in every episode even for a minute

Not to mention Rachel- I seem to recall her being in practically every episode since the Heather saga in January!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭I wear socks

Eoughan and Liam got together, Eoughan had a bedbound older ex boyfriend named Simon who was dying of aids, liam helped simon commit suicide and was given a suspended prison sentence and later moved to Galway. Eoughan got involved in crime and was Murdered by Terrence.

Terence was absolutely brilliant!! Both in a bad way and a good way!! This forum would probably crash if he reemerged from his clifftop fall alive and well!!

He was like the sort of villain you would see in a Batman film and had no typical Irish villainous streak about him! He talked in riddles and looked like a cross between Steve McManaman and Heath Ledger as The Joker!

I particularly loved his clifftop battle with Leo and Ray! He had a tiny knife whilst Leo had a baseball bat if I recall! He didnt even carry a gun, I dont think!

Ray was tied up and gagged! I'll try find some stills! It was the first time since the Russian mafia hit Carrigstown that Leo got to use his baseball bat again also! He has since used it many times! I miss Leo!

And I recall the Gardai, led by Deegan, turned up armed and ready and just stood there as the fight went on! It was just one of the most bizarre scenes ever!!

086_e5e770cff05e2a2d19026df89d1e3ab74dc179fc.jpg

085_c8650b8372a19f4c7c6a3afcf5eb63b2aad0a805.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Who's the bloke on the right, again? Was he from Cork or Kerry?

WHat year was that?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Who's the bloke on the right, again? Was he from Cork or Kerry?

WHat year was that?

Robbie, something or other. Another stereotypical FC "crime gang member". He first got involved with Hughie's ex wife when she started out as a taxi driver after Pizza Action became the Bistro and they became business partners but all the cars got burnt out by people Robbie owed money to..........

Which begs the question, can anyone think of one small time criminal/up to no gooder/scammer that has shown anywhere near any level of actual entrepreneurship or profitable endeavour in their exploits over the years!!

They all seem to end up owing money, all end up beaten up or broke and always end up caught!! There are thousands of criminals in Dublin who sail through life without being exposed, coming into difficulty with debts and/or facing violence!

Yet once you step into Carrigstown, an area with possibly the worst on shift Garda patrolling the streets, that is it! Your bound to be exposed, beaten up, killed, arrested or just in debt!

Even scammers like Mongo, the Bishops, Forty Coats of Carrigstown and Pierce seem to f$$k up immediately once they hit Carrigstown!

Is it a curse that the ghost of Billy Meehan has put on the town! "No other criminal will flourish in my absence"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Robbie, something or other. Another stereotypical FC "crime gang member". He first got involved with Hughie's ex wife when she started out as a taxi driver after Pizza Action became the Bistro and they became business partners but all the cars got burnt out by people Robbie owed money to..........

Which begs the question, can anyone think of one small time criminal/up to no gooder/scammer that has shown anywhere near any level of actual entrepreneurship or profitable endeavour in their exploits over the years!!

They all seem to end up owing money, all end up beaten up or broke and always end up caught!! There are thousands of criminals in Dublin who sail through life without being exposed, coming into difficulty with debts and/or facing violence!

Yet once you step into Carrigstown, an area with possibly the worst on shift Garda patrolling the streets, that is it! Your bound to be exposed, beaten up, killed, arrested or just in debt!

Even scammers like Mongo, the Bishops, Forty Coats of Carrigstown and Pierce seem to f$$k up immediately once they hit Carrigstown!

Is it a curse that the ghost of Billy Meehan has put on the town! "No other criminal will flourish in my absence"
    It's all down to Carraigstown's Lord Commander of The Nights Watch...... Jon Deegan :)

• Advertisement

Katie is off to ...........................................................

G
    G
    G
    G
    G
    G
    G
    GALWAYYYYYYYYY!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement