Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You just have to love the subtlety of how Katie caught Stripey and the Ram out. More creativity in a smelly teabag!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I hope Katie doesn't fall down a stairs in Galway like Michael did and come back in a wheelchair
    Dan was a right prick to Katie someone should puncture his tyres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I hope Katie doesn't fall down a stairs in Galway like Michael did and come back in a wheelchair
    Dan was a right prick to Katie someone should puncture his tyres

What did he do to Katie??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Dan dismissed Katie when she approached yer one, Damo's sister, about sleeping at her place for a few nights. Then a minute later, when she said she should have been nicer to Katie, Dan again said that she'd be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If Katie returns she will be the first character to ever make it back from here I think!

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    Dan dismissed Katie when she approached yer one, Damo's sister, about sleeping at her place for a few nights. Then a minute later, when she said she should have been nicer to Katie, Dan again said that she'd be fine.

Dan's character arc reminds me of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

He arrived as a mature, sensible, rational, placid, boring and intelligent adult with a business mind and participation in adult issues.

yet

he has since dissolved into a childlike, immature, moany, pointless eegit who stands on a street corner waiting for his friends to come out and play every morning, making childish jokes and getting off on trying to set up dates for Laura. And then gets excited over silly outside games like basketball and playing in the park and starts rows when he doesn't get his own way!!

Give it a few months and he will be in a creche, playing with toys with Junior and his mother will be back on the scene to change his nappy.

There we go, The Curious Case of Dan Keating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

^^ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Dan's character arc reminds me of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

He arrived as a mature, sensible, rational, placid, boring and intelligent adult with a business mind and participation in adult issues.

yet

he has since dissolved into a childlike, immature, moany, pointless eegit who stands on a street corner waiting for his friends to come out and play every morning, making childish jokes and getting off on trying to set up dates for Laura. And then gets excited over silly outside games like basketball and playing in the park and starts rows when he doesn't get his own way!!

Give it a few months and he will be in a creche, playing with toys with Junior and his mother will be back on the scene to change his nappy.

There we go, The Curious Case of Dan Keating.

Yes, we get it, you don't like where they've gone with Dans character!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 New Delly

The only friend that Katy did not ask for a bed was the one who lives in a hostel, with lots of free beds, including her own double room. FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

New Delly wrote: »
    The only friend that Katy did not ask for a bed was the one who lives in a hostel, with lots of free beds, including her own double room. FFS

And that sums up the berks that write this crap and it is crap. Only its so funny in conjunction with this thread, that it's now a bleedin' hobby for me. Imagine that on a CV???

"Eh Mr. G. I have one more question for you before we finish the interview. In your CV, you mention under hobbies/interests, that you enjoy watching Fair City and contributing to an online forum linked to it. Do you mind me asking why?

"Where do I start? Do you watch the show? If you do, you should know the answer. If you don't, then you should start watching the show and immerse yourself in the otherworldly experience. It makes cocaine tame in comparison. Should you experience cocaine and Fair City at the same time, Fair City may make sense."

• Advertisement

New Delly wrote: »

shows you how bad the hostel is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tommy must be some fella in the sack for Debbie who already has lost one child to put her youngest and only daughter in that horrible predicament :mad:

Is this going to be it with Lanky Bosco now that Katie is gone for 3 months to Galway.

I was convinced she was going to be part of a plot whereby she went all psycho on Katie when she dumped her and hooked up with Laura. But that story would be too obvious and interesting I guess so I should have known better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Does anyone else just think that Katy just made up that she's going to Galway and when she left the pub had no idea where she was going to go just had to get away, will she end up sleeping rough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,139 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

fin12 wrote: »
    Does anyone else just think that Katy just made up that she's going to Galway and when she left the pub had no idea where she was going to go just had to get away, will she end up sleeping rough?

Yes, that very thought crossed my mind. She seemed really upset at the end of the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Fittle wrote: »
    I agree!!
    The relationship between her and dan is not making sense to me either. After a random approach by Carrie Crowley on the street, they are behaving like they should be on Dragons Den!
    Btw, where is Dan getting money from, does he have an income?

And she packed in her job (that we watched her jump through 10 different hoops to get because it was so illustrious if you remember) just like that without even a definite offer of a new one! FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭CassieManson

fin12 wrote:

My guess is that Katie will "dissappear " and Stella will be suspected after the fight with Emmet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

My guess is that Katie will "dissappear " and Stella will be suspected after the fight with Emmet.

As long as Stella stays in FC I don't care what the story is..

Shes an interesting character and gets people here talking if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

As long as Stella stays in FC I don't care what the story is..

Shes an interesting character and gets people here talking if nothing else.

Yeah I feel bad for the girl though If she reads this. I wonder if they do read this forum actually

happyday wrote: »
    And she packed in her job (that we watched her jump through 10 different hoops to get because it was so illustrious if you remember) just like that without even a definite offer of a new one! FFS!

Did she pack in her job? When was that? The job in spar is it, had that something to do with college though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Yeah I feel bad for the girl though If she reads this. I wonder if they do read this forum actually

God I hope not! Some of the things we say here could definitely hurt feelings and make people feel bad but I genuinely think 99% is just banter I certainly wouldn't want anyone to get upset over a comment on boards.ie. I would imagine most actors stay right away from the all social media and rely on written reviews or word of mouth for their performance feedback!

If Stella IS reading, stay!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You never any of the FC actors in other shows these days bar your man who was in love hate.......I wonder why? hmmmmm :p :pac:

You never any of the FC actors in other shows these days bar your man who was in love hate.......I wonder why? hmmmmm :p :pac:

Your one who played Cleo was in The Take with Tom Hardy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Your man who plays Forty Coats/Jumpers (can't think of his name) is in Ros Na Run, as was Louise, she was a garda...seriously!

And Niamh I believe is in some stage show at the mo :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well I mean the current bunch.

Ah remember her what happened her?
    I'm sure you get some having a look. I know Adrian Kennedy and Jeremy Dixon used to read the forum about them. I'm sure actors/writers etc are well able for the negativity, if you put yourself in the public eye then you need a thick skin.

maurv1 wrote: »
    Your man who plays Forty Coats/Jumpers (can't think of his name) is in Ros Na Run, as was Louise, she was a garda...seriously!

And Niamh I believe is in some stage show at the mo :rolleyes:

And doug had a one man show on the other week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

And doug had a one man show on the other week

Really? I'm trying to imagine Doug in a one man show...:)

Omg
    I just remembered Delores husband, Dougs dad can't remember his name because he's on the missing list was in Damo & Ivor as a Garda.

Oh and there was a guy from Fair city who was in The Wind That Shakes the Barley. We actually ended up in a holiday home beside him in Kerry, when I was small and on holiday with my parents, he was probably sick of us by the end of it cause we were always asking him about fair city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Im old, can any of you younger people tell me if these 'pop up parties' actually happen in real life??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement