Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

In fairness they weren't jokes, it was just wierd and unfunny posts designed to troll the thread!

Plenty of rubbish still gets posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Duffer and The Caroline Quick reference from last nights episode they can't even get a believable surname right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Who the hell is this new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plenty of rubbish still gets posted here.

Ah, go easy on yourself!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Mondo living with Dean now as I thought Dean offered Laura a room too :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

Who the hell is this new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She was in prison with sash, gave her a phone to ring Nina

I have a feeling she is going to abandon the baby on Deco and Barbie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Very weak episode and reminds me of that appalling run of episodes a few months back with Carol/Wayne/Paul buying luxury cars, I can sense the next few weeks are just going to be that new boring character and her baby, Sean trying to impress his new bird and Jane wandering around looking miserable.

That hotel must be doing very well considering we never seem to see a single guest anywhere! I don't ever recall them showing guests wandering in and out of dining rooms, reception etc. All the scenes are set in the as-yet-unopened extension and fitness area and guests are only mentioned as an accidental ploy to keep the plot going: "Guests are cheking in at 12" , cue blank stare from Debbie in which she almost said "Guests? Oh yeah we are a hotel right right"

Also, Oisin and Charlotte spent the whole afternoon and evening sitting in the same place in the pub. As you do on a Wednesday...and Orla, mind your own bloody business about Sean, whay is she even interfering? Serious lack of stroylines, that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Was she in Love/Hate too? There was a character called Donna,Siobhan's friend, and this new one in Fair City looks and sounds like her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I thought it was a good / funny episode tonight, your-wan with the baby, she was hilarious. :D... "I grew up without a Da, didn't effect me" ....

• Advertisement

Was she in Love/Hate too? There was a character called Donna,Siobhan's friend, and this new one in Fair City looks and sounds like her.

Was that Fran's smurf lady, I don't think it is the same actress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mother of God, If it's possible I think I preferred Orla during Junior Gate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Fair city writers, constantly having a dig about people jobs and now older mothers. What's wrong with pushing a pram when your in your 40s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Tommy is an absolute d1ckhead, he's a master manipulator.

Melanie to Stripey: Is that your mother in law......did she not break rule 1 in FC? Nobody can refer to their mother as anything other than ma!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

fin12 wrote: »

Oisin is far worse

Anyone else find Sash and Duffer's accents offensive?

The Ballintine. A hotel that has hundreds of rooms and is even expanding. So how in god's name are 4 people running it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

walshb wrote: »
    Mother of God, If it's possible I think I preferred Orla during Junior Gate!

She's being a total knob. Giving Sean a complex. We could have seen him happy, HAPPY for once!

offensive???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

No they're great.

offensive???

Yes, to one's ears!

offensive???

Oh no you di-int!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

No they're great.
    Have to agree. Love the accents.

Unlike Charlie's accent that changes from scene to scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I think it's great to hear a regional accent on the show. I even miss Eileen Bishop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Alice1 wrote: »
    Have to agree. Love the accents.

Unlike Charlie's accent that changes from scene to scene

Exactly. It adds a bit of realism to it.

Yes, to one's ears!

Sasha's is a pretty standard, mild enough Northside accent, The other girl's is very strong Northside accent but nothing out of the ordinary!! An accent like that Holly one in Emmerdale is something I'd find annoying as its uniquely annoying. But I wouldnt find a colloquial accent irritating!

dee_mc wrote: »
    I think it's great to hear a regional accent on the show. I even miss Eileen Bishop!

But it's far too laid on. It comes across fake almost. Way OTT!

I know it's probably been mentioned but the Ram couldn't take a pi€s a few weeks back without Dermish accusing him of shagging Stripey, and now they're at it like rabbits and he's nowhere to be seen!

fin12 wrote: »

I wasn't really paying attention when he was talking to Melanie, was he really aggressive with her?

• Advertisement

I wasn't really paying attention when he was talking to Melanie, was he really aggressive with her?

I actually think Tommy has way more chemistry with Melanie than Debbie and where is Amanda gone, his helper

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement