Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

you conveniently missed the rest of what she has achieved, acting wise then!! Voice acting is almost m0ore difficult than any other acting.

Clearly, going by her cv, you cant judge her by the script she is subject to on FC. She isnt acting ad lib! Most people can see she is a good actress, material aside.

Ah FFS I was trying to make a point without regurgitating your entire post. I knew having a pop at the blessed Ellie would land me in hot water here today but lets call it.

She may be Oscar material for all I know but from what I've seen of her on FC she's not playing a blinder in that role. Do FC cast actors or do they just google them and decide "this one. She could do an 11/12 year old troubled child"?

I don't judge her by any different standard I would any of the rest of them but sure who's to say that behind Sean/Leo/Oisin etc there's not the next colin farrel its just the material is rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Coat22 wrote: »
    Ah FFS I was trying to make a point without regurgitating your entire post. I knew having a pop at the blessed Ellie would land me in hot water here today but lets call it.

She may be Oscar material for all I know but from what I've seen of her on FC she's not playing a blinder in that role. Do FC cast actors or do they just google them and decide "this one. She could do an 11/12 year old troubled child"?

I don't judge her by any different standard I would any of the rest of them but sure who's to say that behind Sean/Leo/Oisin etc there's not the next colin farrel its just the material is rubbish.

ha! I amn't a fan of Colin Farrell actually!! Leos method hand acting is far more awe inspiring! :D

All i am saying was to counter your argument about her not being a good actress was giving some evidence that she clearly is considered above average. Nothing more! Wasn't having a pop mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ellie CAN at times seem a bit a baby but that is down to how she is expected to act given her script - unsure but afraid around Heather, angry around Renee etc. Personally I think she pulls it off (despite the odd bad script) very well and definitely a lot better than Ben, who I thought was extremely baby-ish all of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭jos28

Late start tonight - 8.30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Fair play to Dermot the gentleman. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Is there any point to Sash being in these scenes? Apart from saving RTE money, it would save us from that god awful howya accent!

walshb wrote: »
    Is there any point to Sash being in these scenes? Apart from saving RTE money, it would save us from that god awful howya accent!

watch the way she throws her head back and consistently sighs every time she speaks.........

#getmickhispint

hahahahhahahahah!!!!!

"She phoned in a bomb threat"!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

She phoned in a bomb threat!! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

So, when Charlotte is with Rachel's brother, she talks to her like she's dirt. When she's dumped, she's suddenly bffs with her again.
    I know what I'd be telling her..... :mad:

Jane..................looking well

Did Mick get his pint yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

The principal relaying her news to Renee through the local guard?!?

And what idiot decided that any self respecting school would say "a donation to the school building fund" would sort a child phoning in a bomb threat.

F*king transition year stuff.

F*ck sake is half time over in the Barca game yet?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

A bomb threat, a Hurley and crab meat in a pub smaller than the Dawson lounge! I've seen it all now

washiskin wrote: »
    So, when Charlotte is with Rachel's brother, she talks to her like she's dirt. When she's dumped, she's suddenly bffs with her again.
    I know what I'd be telling her..... :mad:

They're such good friends!

Some horrific acting tonight, Decco and Oisin the guiltiest

oh here we go.............Decco will begin questioning himself that he is transcending into Paddy Bishop for the next 3 months. Great.

Why didn't Oisin hide the Hurley in his pocket?

The actress behind Charlotte is becoming very good in fairness. Sasha just turning up at every appropriate time.......... go away

Carrigstown is like something out of the Twilight Zone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

That Jane has some rack

Damien and Pete are arguing?? Where is this story going...........interesting plot twist

bazermc wrote: »
    That Jane has some rack

the Rack has jane more like it!!

Hughie is paying Heathers hospital fees????????

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Why can't Hughie manage the pub himself he's doing nothing else !!

How much staff does a pub that size need? Such a stupid premise for a plot

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Hughie is paying Heathers hospital fees????????

In fairness we've seen hes a bit of a mug already. He pays Jane's full managerial wages and she is allowed take 9 months of holidays every year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Charlotte to Decco when she found out he was looking at her phone: "you are such a creep!"
    What Charlotte SHOULD have said: "oh sweet Jesus you saw that picture of my breasts???? I'm going to die of embarrassment here never speak to me again".......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Maybe the pub's financial situation would be slightly better if Hughie wasn't throwing all his money into the hospital bills..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Maybe the pub's financial situation would be slightly better if Hughie wasn't throwing all his money into the hospital bills..........

Conveniently mentioned tonight.... To show us why Hughie broke and also why we can expect to see heather back any given day. Nice how Renee just dismissed Hughie trying to say he can't pay Heathers hospital fees forever...when she's meant to be there to help him with his finances.

Also, Renee will replace Jane as the manager, and Jane will be kept on, as an extra barmaid. Good man Hughie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement