Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

eh, what was the deal about the 50 euro note?? Did i miss something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Oh my god a spilled drink! What utter shieeeeet! Sasha's purple coat must stink! And what is Charloisíns motivation for tormenting Jane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I have no idea either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

Last week Stripey told Rose she'd given her fifty euros and a bill to pay something and Rose insisted she hadnt, and that she had forgotten as spending all her time in the Ballintyne, reckon thats what she found, you could see she enjoyed spending it and pretending she was using her own money to buy the dinner. I was just surprised the scriptwriters were following up on something.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭chatjunkie

There was a hullaballo last week about Stripey giving Glenroe Mary 50 Euro for to pay a bill which hadn't been paid. Glenroe Mary was adamant she hadn't been given any money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

Stripey gave her horrible Mother in law €50 to pay the wifi (I think)bill. The bill was never paid and Granny Gripey denied all knowledge. That was the €50 note she found in her bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Cormdogg wrote: »
    I have no idea either

Debbie said she gave it to her with a bill to pay it and then they got a letter saying it hadnt been paid. Debbie blamed rose but rose said she was never given it and that debbie had made a mistake

katkin wrote: »
    Last week Stripey told Rose she'd given her fifty euros and a bill to pay something and Rose insisted she hadnt, and that she had forgotten as spending all her time in the Ballintyne, reckon thats what she found, you could see she enjoyed spending it and pretending she was using her own money to buy the dinner. I was just surprised the scriptwriters were following up on something.

what a twist.....................................

chatjunkie wrote: »
    There was a hullaballo last week about Stripey giving Glenroe Mary 50 Euro for to pay a bill which hadn't been paid. Glenroe Mary was adamant she hadn't been given any money.
    jos28 wrote: »
    Stripey gave her horrible Mother in law €50 to pay the wifi (I think)bill. The bill was never paid and Granny Gripey denied all knowledge. That was the €50 note she found in her bag
    Debbie said she gave it to her with a bill to pay it and then they got a letter saying it hadnt been paid. Debbie blamed rose but rose said she was never given it and that debbie had made a mistake

Can-you-Repeat-Simpsons.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

what a twist.....................................

It doesnt all have to be high drama, a bit of kitchen sink realism goes down well

• Advertisement

It doesnt all have to be high drama, a bit of kitchen sink realism goes down well

im only joking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Watching now on +1, such tripe. Jane has her wallet stolen from her bag in The Station, then she heads back to McCoys, leaves the bag on the counter and just goes in the back. Then doesn't put two and two together that Charloisin were in The Station when the wallet was taken, AND in McCoys when the wallet was taken, then put back. Easy knowing there's nothing better on any other channel for me to watch tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

P.S. how did Jane get into her apartment without her keys...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

She had a spare in McCoys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Zooming in on the 50 reminded me of the big price tag on giant haystacks fur coat in the chris the sheep episode of father ted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

She said she had a spare pair in the office of McCoys.

Agree with the above about Jane not copping on that Oisin and Charlotte are always there when things go missing and reappear.

Also, when Jane gets the call from Orla to go back to the pub, realistically you'd have a quick scan of the bedroom for the keys, you wouldn't just head straight out.

And the stuff with Oisin laughing away in the bedroom at the absolute 'hilarity' of being in the middle of almost being caught, it's just not a natural reaction, no matter how much of an ar$ehole you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Jane really is dense, literally everything that's happening to her lately from dates not turning up to missing keys and wallets all have one massive in your face impossible to ignore connection/ a giggling Oisin and Charlotte who apparently have no jobs and have the time to spend every waking moment in the pub or Station within ten feet of Jane giving her knowing looks and even making sarky comments about her age etc and she STILL can't join the dots ??

Also is there no cctv cameras in the pub or Station? That would surely have helped Jane or is that too much common sense for FC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Jane really is dense, literally everything that's happening to her lately from dates not turning up to missing keys and wallets all have one massive in your face impossible to ignore connection/ a giggling Oisin and Charlotte who apparently have no jobs and have the time to spend every waking moment in the pub or Station within ten feet of Jane giving her knowing looks and even making sarky comments about her age etc and she STILL can't join the dots ??

Also is there no cctv cameras in the pub or Station? That would surely have helped Jane or is that too much common sense for FC?

Just really another example of the crappy scriptwriting in this. Did I read somewhere it costs over 50000 per episode?? Christ Almighty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

A good follow-up would be if the cameras in the Station had to be checked for some reason, Sean could see the purse being taken and confront Charloisin and be the big hero to impress his (apparently) fabulous and gorgeous girlfriend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

monkey9 wrote: »
    Agree with the above about Jane not copping on that Oisin and Charlotte are always there when things go missing and reappear.

Also, when Jane gets the call from Orla to go back to the pub, realistically you'd have a quick scan of the bedroom for the keys, you wouldn't just head straight out.

And the stuff with Oisin laughing away in the bedroom at the absolute 'hilarity' of being in the middle of almost being caught, it's just not a natural reaction, no matter how much of an ar$ehole you are.

This and also Oisin and Charlotte came close to being caught in her apartment. When Jane left, you'd think they would leave. A while later and in soap land hours would have passed when Jane came back in home and there was Oisin poking his face out of Jane's bedroom door smirking.

All will be well on Tuesday no doubt when somehow the pair of them made somewhat of a magical escape from Jane's apartment from now to then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This and also Oisin and Charlotte came close to being caught in her apartment. When left, you'd think they would leave. A while later and in soap land hours would have passed when Jane came back in home and there was Oisin poking his face out of Jane's bedroom door smirking.

I've said it a 1000 times. It's like watching an episode of scooby doo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Jeeze Decco is upset after changing a wet nappy. What till has to change a poo that has exploded and gone all the way up the back and takes a whole packet of wipes to clean, while at the same time trying not to puke from the smell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8H097d49aI-nDTwzy7fNQSNI25lqTCrW16XEChYkzpXG9Cg8r23O-XJMgpw

walshb wrote: »

"My purse and keys would have stayed in my bag if it wasn't for those pesky kids."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You'd think by now that Dermish would have booked into room 202, is it, and hid in the wardrobe to catch the Ram out with Stripey? But I suppose since he hasn't been seen in a month, maybe he is in the closet, gathering real evidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

bazermc wrote: »
    Jeeze Decco is upset after changing a wet nappy. What till has to change a poo that has exploded and gone all the way up the back and takes a whole packet of wipes to clean, while at the same time trying not to puke from the smell

Oh my god! This is so funny and very true to real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

walshb wrote: »

Aww, that's not fair......Scooby-doo wasn't too bad :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Oisin does fancy Jane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Does Jane not have a double Yale lock on her apartment door? If she had double locked it, Oisin and Charlotte would have no way of opening it from the inside and would have been locked in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement