Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The drama escalates in the Oisin-Jane story. Tuesday's episode sees Jane left distraught when her favourite cereal, Cornflakes goes missing. She's left sobbing at the kitchen table, oblivious to the menacing cackles of Charlit and Oisin as they sit back on the couch (her's) watching the latest episode of This Morning, eating her cornflakes!

What on earth is the point of this jane and Oisin storyline ?? Charlotte sniggering like a 6 year old anytime Oisin pulls off another trick on jane ! It's irrelevant and stupid !

Also what 40 year old barmaid wears that kind of gear ? Jane looks like she's togged out for the Irish veterans ladies hockey squad .....complete with high heels ....bizarre !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

What on earth is the point of this jane and Oisin storyline ?? Charlotte sniggering like a 6 year old anytime Oisin pulls off another trick on jane ! It's irrelevant and stupid !

Also what 40 year old barmaid wears that kind of gear ? Jane looks like she's togged out for the Irish veterans ladies hockey squad .....complete with high heels ....bizarre !

Yeah her skirt is weird alright. There's probably no point to the story. I was ready for a big payoff after about day three of Oisin and Charlotte doing the fake dating profile. But no it's dragging on and on and will probably end in Jane being sick, with cancer and Charlotte feeling bad because she had leukimia. The end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Their "feud" with Jane is a weird one alright. I think it all started with a snide remark or something, but neither of them look the sensitive type so it's a bit bizarre to see them 'messing with her head' etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

No way, she's never forty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

😄😄😄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭I wear socks

Tommy to become the prime suspect in Katy`s Murder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

No one ever suspects the Bar at the Ballintyne as the real culprit

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Can we not have more scenery to go to instead of going to and from The Station, Spar & McCoys? like Charlotte collecting her dole on a Tuesday? Or going home to Melanie's house to see her mother, plus Duffer is breath of fresh air maybe Doug will try it on with her when he gets back from where-ever he went to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Hitchens wrote: »
    No way, she's never forty?

I'd imagine the charter is anything between 40 and 44. She was at the world cup when callum was conceived with friends so she couldn't of been anywhere lower than 18 AT LEAST. Now that u think of it, I'd love to see an old episode circa world cup 94! Guarantee you that Don Paulioni didn't go to it and was sitting in McCoys nursing a pint!

Rachel PilKington is an extremely pretty lady, cant believe she is single!!

• Advertisement

Can we not have more scenery to go to instead of going to and from The Station, Spar & McCoys? like Charlotte collecting her dole on a Tuesday? Or going home to Melanie's house to see her mother, plus Duffer is breath of fresh air maybe Doug will try it on with her when he gets back from where-ever he went to.

Whatever happened to the park that they all went to to air their dirty laundry! With one extra circling the park about 10 times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Saw Caoimhe up in the Merrion earlier doing her grocery shop. She isn't actually preggers at all. I thought Fair City was real :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Merkin wrote: »
    Saw Caoimhe up in the Merrion earlier doing her grocery shop. She isn't actually preggers at all. I thought Fair City was real :eek:
    I thought she put on weight I was sure she was preggers in real life too not that there's anything wrong with putting on a few pounds :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I'd imagine the charter is anything between 40 and 44. She was at the world cup when callum was conceived with friends so she couldn't of been anywhere lower than 18 AT LEAST. Now that u think of it, I'd love to see an old episode circa world cup 94! Guarantee you that Don Paulioni didn't go to it and was sitting in McCoys nursing a pint!

Rachel PilKington is an extremely pretty lady, cant believe she is single!!

What age are Sean, the gf and Mondo supposed to be btw? Mondo and the girl were supposedly in the same class at school but isn't he over 30 or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Strazdas wrote: »
    What age are Sean, the gf and Mondo supposed to be btw? Mondo and the girl were supposedly in the same class at school but isn't he over 30 or something?

I say Sean is late twenties, maybe Mondo repeated a couple of years. :):)

Strazdas wrote: »

I think mondo is 30 or so. Kira was 16 when she had juliette in 2002 and her and mondo were same age. I like the way mondo classmate who looks about 22 doesn't even ask mondo where his daughter is or how she is 😄😄😄:D:D:D also isn't Kira Seans sister?! Yet he never mentions her, visits her or invites her over :D Likewise and moreso Niamh :D

Could they not just recast her?????

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

I think mondo is 30 or so. Kira was 16 when she had juliette in 2002 and her and mondo were same age. I like the way mondo classmate who looks about 22 doesn't even ask mondo where his daughter is or how she is 😄😄😄:D:D:D also isn't Kira Seans sister?! Yet he never mentions her, visits her or invites her over :D Likewise and moreso Niamh :D

Could they not just recast her?????

What happened to her again?

She went into the cryrochamber for her 3 months break.but she ended up freezing to death so they sent her character to London....

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

50,000+ per episode??! Charlie and Bella would be horrified!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

She moved to Liverpool. To be fair,Niamh and Sean do mention her from time to time and especially when Juliet is visiting. But yeah,Mondo and Kira were only 16 when they had Juliet so that would make Mondo around 28. Sean's around the same I'd say.

Jane is 40. Sure didn't they throw a little 40th birthday party for in McCoys a few weeks back that she was none too pleased about!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭I wear socks

If Fair City was sticking with continuity Sean is 24 (Sean, Doug, Adam and Mark were in the same class) and Mondo is 29 but when have they ever done that ?

MelanieC wrote: »
    She moved to Liverpool. To be fair,Niamh and Sean do mention her from time to time and especially when Juliet is visiting. But yeah,Mondo and Kira were only 16 when they had Juliet so that would make Mondo around 28. Sean's around the same I'd say.

Jane is 40. Sure didn't they throw a little 40th birthday party for in McCoys a few weeks back that she was none too pleased about!

Seans not 28??! He was only about 10 or 11 when kira got knocked up. The actors only 22 also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Seans not 28??! He was only about 10 or 11 when kira got knocked up. The actors only 22 also.

Meant to write "around the same as Doug",(damn phone!) - obviously he was younger than Kira. Relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Also what 40 year old barmaid wears that kind of gear ?

Ah but its feckin great for the likes of me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

redshoes15 wrote: »
    50,000+ per episode??! Charlie and Bella would be horrified!!

I think Bella and Charlie are the ones who are on the highest rate of pay, those coffin dodgers will never leave. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder if Katy is missing purposely herself to frame Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

I too missed the whole relevance of the fifty euro, was totally bewildered as the camera zoomed in and focused on it.

"Oh look... we actually used a real note as a prop!!!"

The reason behind everyone's confusion is down to the fact that the writers seem to never remember anything from previous episodes when writing new ones. Robbie is supposed to be some sort of criminal mastermind. Stripey is a cleaner, not a hotel manager. etc etc

Still a very trivial thing to focus on, and the fight between Rose and Stripey was ridiculous. The sooner the Ram dusts off his 12 gauge and blows Stripey to pieces the better. In fairness to Eoghan, he's becoming more likeable. I couldn't stand him when he came into it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I actually thought the money was a €50 note that Rose had given Katy before she left and somehow put it back in her handbag. Someone gave Katy money, maybe it was Eoghan. They were discussing the money for the bill over a week ago and no mention of it since then.

Jane said she last used her purse in the shop buying milk in the morning. Then she went to work for presumably several hours and came home with a big bag of groceries which included milk. Is that playing into whatever
    medical issues
    storyline she has at the moment or is it just the writers being dcikheads?! Also, I know McCoys is not exactly packed, but what boss would allow a staff member to take out their personal handbag behind the bar and start rifling through it then and there? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

RTE should rethink, get their act together and give their storylines some consisity. .. I love all the inconsistencies but some people do take FC seriously and get confused, like having, what, 26 writers?..... Honestly, how the F can you have that many writers and not get confused,?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Did Sean ever have a girlfriend before? Honestly can't remember. Or was he so devoted to Christy that he didn't have time for women :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement