Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Although Katie's story with the 1916 thing was highly annoying and as inconsistent as every other FC storyline, I'll be disappointed if she's not making a return to the soap.

The O'Briens (except for Stripey) are actually likeable enough and represent an ordinary, working class family. Emmett gets an awful lot of stick on this but at least his character brings a bit of promise for some good storylines. Am I the only one who can see him getting mixed up with Mr. Love/Hate, Robbie etc in a life of crime?

It annoys me how often he has been in it recently doing absolutely feck all, while now that something actually happens to his family, he's no where to be seen in this episode. (AFAIK, didn't see him).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Debbie could show some concern for her daughter :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Given that Katy is probably still in the locality, what are the chances that she is with Stella and maybe she has been like a big bouncy clown shoulder to cry on?Come on FC, don't you DARE introduce Stella and then just drop her with no follow up..

Given that Katy is probably still in the locality, what are the chances that she is with Stella and maybe she has been like a big bouncy clown shoulder to cry on?Come on FC, don't you DARE introduce Stella and then just drop her with no follow up..

I am going with Stella or Ciaran having Katy locked away somewhere

Does Emmet know his sister is missing yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ah, Stella. How could we forget. FCs very own Brienne of Tarth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

When the writers change shift do they even get a bio on the different characters or do they just start from scratch? I love how Deegan is this one size fits all cop! "The lads in the station to check it out" hilarious he always seems like he's ad libbing as he goes. He's mad for seeing himself out too

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

So nikki is gone to a B&B? Why didn't they put her in the hotel, that's where all the homeless single mothers are and carrigstown gets a new hotel and a carachter that could show the current homeless crisis and send her off to a B&B in nowhere land..

Can we do a collection to buy Sasha's coat off RTE and have a charity auction? Also Katy and Sour Puss are doing what exams exactly? Hotel management and journalism? Like in Griffith College or Ballyfermot or something? It's really really poor Emmet is not involved in the Katy storyline

Katy has gone back in time to Kilkenny to stop the Ram ever being born!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Katy has gone back in time to Kilkenny to stop the Ram ever being born!

Or she could be tied up in an attic somewhere, or in the basement of the Ballantyne!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Can we do a collection to buy Sasha's coat off RTE and have a charity auction? Also Katy and Sour Puss are doing what exams exactly? Hotel management and journalism? Like in Griffith College or Ballyfermot or something? It's really really poor Emmet is not involved in the Katy storyline

Katie doing media and Sourpuss is doing business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That was actually lovely what Kerryanne said to Decco " your dad took your childhood, don't let him take your future as well.

If I was John Deegan, Debbie would be the main suspect I would be looking at in relation to Katie's disappearance, she lied about her contacted her, had a row just before she left, seems to be the person in the family the least concerned about her disappearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Stripey said something along the lines of "How could she (Katie) do this to me after Michael"

Says the woman who is having an affair with Tommy Shtone mad for sex in plain view for anyone with their eyes open to see. The writers must really think we are stupid. Eoghan would have heard Katie and Stripey fighting over the affair. He even came into the kitchen after the fight and said he couldn't sleep.

After watching Eastenders tonight, the gulf in quality between the two soaps in amazing. Eastenders isn't perfect, but the storylines are interesting and the acting is mostly decent.

I have said before in this thread that I only really do follow Fair City to laugh at how poorly it is slapped together, but jesus they waste 50k plus an episode. In the name of good jesus, couldn't that 50k be pumped into some worthwhile service for the county. If RTE insisted on spending it, better Sports coverage, as RTE seem to be losing nearly all of the sporting tournaments!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Deegan : ''I spoke to the gardai in Galway. Katie's not there.''
    How the fcuk would the Gardai in Galway know if she is or not, ten minutes after Deegan calling them? Are we to understand that the Galway guards did a quick census of all 18-19 year old girls in the City and County of Galway?
    ''No, sorry, Sargeant. We searched throughout the third largest county of Ireland in the last ten minutes, no sign of her. But if you give us another few minutes, we'll spread the search through all of Connacht, and maybe have a look around the Border counties as well. Of course the fact that you didn't send us a photo, or even a description, may have hampered us in our enquiries. But we'll keep looking.''

Stripey to Tommy: ''I'll never forgive Katey, just after Mumbles death, too. How could she do this to us?''
    Eh, sorry to interfere, Debbbie, but who was it that started an affair with the Stallion? The echo of poor Mumbles' sniffles was still reverberating through out FC when you decided to play a game of 'hide - the - sausage' with the Casanova of Carrigstown.
    Tsk tsk, Debs, your hypocrisy is mind-numbing..........:eek::eek:

Edit - Snap, Eiredriver! They say 'great minds think alike.' .......Of course, they also say 'Fools seldom differ'!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Sourpuss has a permanent miserable face on her under normal circumstances yet she's informed by a guard that one of her best friends is missing and she's quite upbeat for once,chirpy even!
    Deegan gravely says to her is it unusual for Katy to not post online for over a week and she's like oh yeah,she's addicted! Smiley face!

Also love the way Gripey says right,I'm calling the guards and Stripey goes no,not the guards,let's just talk to John Deegan. Ha!
    Even the rest of the cast don't buy him as a serious detective!

So nikki is gone to a B&B? Why didn't they put her in the hotel, that's where all the homeless single mothers are and carrigstown gets a new hotel and a carachter that could show the current homeless crisis and send her off to a B&B in nowhere land..

Or The Pod hostel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Or The Pod hostel

Hope Nikkis B&b ain't in Galwayland, I liked her!

Tonight Oisin goes a step further, with Jane none the wiser. She gets into bed and for the whole night she feels a tickling sensation on her feet. Oisin, the pesky kid is under the duvet tormenting her. Rings in sick to Orla saying that she is too exhausted to put in a shift. Asks if Hughie could cover. Orla say that he can, once he's found!

walshb wrote: »
    Tonight Oisin goes a step further, with Jane none the wiser. She gets into bed and for the whole night she feels a tickling sensation on her feet. Oisin, the pesky kid is under the duvet tormenting her. Rings in sick to Orla saying that she is too exhausted to put in a shift. Asks if Hughie could cover. Orla say that he can, once he's found!

I just read rte guide spoilers...I think you've been misinformed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

I just read rte guide spoilers...I think you've been misinformed

Mind posting a couple of points? Tagged obviously... If you don't mind 😄

• Advertisement

I just read rte guide spoilers...I think you've been misinformed :p

Sorry, was it that Charlit was also in the bed filming this?

Don Brennan due to wake up anytime soon and realise that he has absolutely nothing in common with the stray that landed on his doorstep from Mallow, as well as realizing that the stray can't stand him.

I really think the boardsies should be writing the spoilers!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

Hope Nikkis B&b ain't in Galwayland, I liked her!

Shes with Stella somewhere lol

Mind posting a couple of points? Tagged obviously... If you don't mind 😄

Sure I'll try post some later can't copy & paste from my phone :)

walshb wrote: »
    Sorry, was it that Charlit was also in the bed filming this?

I think so, and even thought Jane could see them she never suspected a thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No wonder the young wan went off with Mondo, anything would be better than looking at Sean whinging as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

No wonder the young wan went off with Mondo, anything would be better than looking at Sean whinging as usual.

I always think Sean has a touch of psychokiller about him. Like he could snap at any moment and just open fire inside in McCoys or something! (Here's hoping.........) :-)

Whats coming up in Affair City Fairly Sh!tty, I mean, Fair City

I'll leave today out, ye can wait another hour to find out what happened!!

Thursday 19th
    The O'Briens increases their search for Katy, only for Deegan to deliver bad news. A nervous Decco tries to plan the perfect proposal, Pete's efforts to reconcile with Damien backfire and Jane is determined to have more fun - despite Ama's advice

Sunday 22nd
    Anticipation mounts for Decco, who plans to propose to Kerri-Ann over dinner at the Ballintine, and for his bride-to-be, who has already realised what he's up to. Eoghan and Emmet discover Tommy `had words' with Katy before she disappeared, resulting in a confrontation that threatens to expose the affair. Meanwhile, Oisin manipulates Jane's date Philip into admitting he is married, and has a wife who has a dangerous grudge against her.

Tuesday 24th
    The O'Briens put together a video appeal urging Katy to make contact with them. Meanwhile, Oisin continues to torment Jane, breaking into her house again to mess with her things. However, he doesn't count on her returning home early and catching him there, and when he is taken into police custody, Deegan begins to suspect the trouble-maker may be connected to Katy's disappearance.

Wednesday 25th
    Tensions reach boiling point among the O'Briens as Eoghan lashes out at Debbie for hiding the truth about her clash with Katy for a whole week, costing them valuable time. Oisin is outraged to learn the Guards are trying to pin Katy's disappearance on him, and after he is eventually released, he faces a further grilling from Paul over his cruel treatment of Jane. Meanwhile, Robbie tells Dan he has started to search for his birth mother.

Now if we get our promised heatwave next week you can all go out and enjoy the balmy evenings!!

MelanieC wrote: »
    I always think Sean has a touch of psychokiller about him. Like he could snap at any moment and just open fire inside in McCoys or something! (Here's hoping.........) :-)

They're certainly not doing his character any favours anyway!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

MelanieC wrote: »

Yes, he has a bit of a temper on him, hasn't he? He's like a young Dermot :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement