Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭sudzs

No planning permission needed for this men's shed then...

Or "men's sh1t" as Ama more appropriately calls it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Stephen Hero

It's so annoying. Every time Debbie wants to tell somebody or Eoghan about the affair, she gets interrupted.

The actress who plays Stella is a freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Stripy and Melanie, battle of the noses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

It's so annoying. Every time Debbie wants to tell somebody or Eoghan about the affair, she gets interrupted.

The actress who plays Stella is a freak.

Actually the actress who plays Stella has a name - and parents, and friends.... and feelings - cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

How the hell do you keep banging each others brains out with all that drama going on around you???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

With all the extra guards, I thought I was watching Red Rock for a minute. OK, maybe not for a minute, for a second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

monkey9 wrote: »
    Can they just please get to the point of whatever they're attempting to achieve with that Oisin/Charlotte/Jane fiasco. Talk about dragging stuff out.

That's just asking too much, Monkey, they never get to the point of any storyline, isn't that why we love FC. ;)

I don't think Katie's disappearance will be anything like what was suggested on this thread, (unless the writers steal your ideas)... too many writers will spoil the broth /storylines.... It will be something boring like, she went to some remote part of Ireland and worked off the land or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Surely Katy is gone wherever Leos missus went. What has her name again , Lana??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Are we ever going to meet the new doctor?

And why is Cass so obsessed with getting a shed again? Is he going o start brewing poteen again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Has Ama got an English accent now,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

They'll have to hire Liam Neeson to track down Katie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

maurv1 wrote: »
    Are we ever going to meet the new doctor?

Maybe the actress who plays Katie is being recast as the new doctor? Wouldn't surprise me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Maybe the actress who plays Katie is being recast as the new doctor? Wouldn't surprise me!

Yep, they're so confused (55 writers) that's what will probably happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭julyjane

Maybe she's joining Ros na Rún

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Surely it must be love/hate that has Katy. What possible purpose does he serve otherwise??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

julyjane wrote: »
    Maybe she's joining Ros na Rún
    Doing a jobshare with Emmet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,797 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Chances are Katie will land back and in the next episode her whole disappearing act will be forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

gallery_soaps-fair-city-w46-e176-01.jpg
    Maybe this guy knows where Katie is?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Beechfiled wrote: »
    Has Ama got an English accent now,

Sometimes I think she sounds Irish. Strange, seeing as she's Swedish in real life.
    Chances are Katie will land back and in the next episode her whole disappearing act will be forgotten about.

I'd love to punch Stripey. Actually, I'd love to punch the writers. They've done a complete 180 on Stripey & Gripey since they arrived. Stripey was so unkind to Niamh when she was having an affair with Mumbles and 100% against affairs. And now she's being nothing but cruel towards Katy, Eoghan and Rose. Gripey was an idiot who complained about everything and was a huge homophobe. For some reason he's become very likeable to me in recent times.

Have the mods nothing to say regarding the nasty comments about Stella/the actress?

I tried to find out the actresses name that played Stella and under images this came up Ross and Sorcha.
    I loved the storyline at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I tried to find out the actresses name that played Stella and under images this came up Ross and Sorcha.

I remember that. I was around 18/19 at the time and had finished school. Your man who played Ross was playing a 17 year-old student and he was about 30 in real life! :rolleyes::)

youwould wrote: »
    I remember that. I was around 18/19 at the time and had finished school. Your man who played Ross was playing a 17 year-old student and he was about 30 in real life! :rolleyes::)

I was expecting Ross to be about thorty now not forty something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

youwould wrote: »
    Have the mods nothing to say regarding the nasty comments about Stella/the actress?

Mods don't read every single post in this forum. We rely on people to report the posts (which some people eventually did). :)

The posts have been dealt with. If you see any more, please report them, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

MelanieC wrote: »
    Surely it must be love/hate that has Katy. What possible purpose does he serve otherwise??

Yes it is an abduction story.

As the girl was walking away a car had just come to a stop in the alley so my first thought it was hint at a kidnapping, but that they didn't want to hammer it into the viewer. I thought perhaps the actress was leaving and that her disappearance would never be solved.

I'm not a regular viewer but when I saw the guy from Love/Hate was now in it and asking the father about her I just thought it is him and he has her locked away somewhere.

It is simple enough to figure out but not too obvious so the writers and producers should be given credit for not over doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

But isn't he all for Debbie telling Eoghan - wasn't he there with her last night when Eoghan came home and she was about to tell him, and Eoghan asked him to leave as he needed to talk to her about Katy.
    Katy seemed very down before she left, I wonder has she taken her own life?

No she was kidnapped by the guy Charlie Murphy killed in Love/Hate, as MelainieC pointed out above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

As the girl was walking away a car had just come to a stop in the alley so my first thought it was hint at a kidnapping, but that they didn't want to hammer it into the viewer. I thought perhaps the actress was leaving and that her disappearance would never be solved.

I'm not a regular viewer but when I saw the guy from Love/Hate was now in it and asking the father about her I just thought it is him and he has her locked away somewhere.

It is simple enough to figure out but not too obvious so the writers and producers should be given credit for not over doing it.

If she was kidnapped by him where would he have her? Not at home obviously, he shares with Emmet. And works full time with Paul. Unless the reason for his mysterious arrival was something to do with Cathal Spillane! Revenge on the O Briens maybe? Fair City wouldn't give us a good story for once, would they???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Stephen Hero

The actress who played Sorcha was seriously fit.

Unlike some others I could mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

@Stephen Hero: If you don't stop posting disparaging comments about a certain actress in this show, I'm going to ban you from this forum.

If she was kidnapped by him where would he have her? Not at home obviously, he shares with Emmet. And works full time with Paul.

That's the thing tough we know very little about him all that was said was he was into dog racing and was from around Ringsend.
    I think a few years ago Fair City did a storyline about women getting attacked and it was the guy who arrived just before the attacks happened. Suzanne might have being attacked near Carol's old pub. I think he was either living/working with Damien.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

But it's Fair City! Are we to accept that the 26 'writers', within a few weeks, are gone from sh1te stories about Cass's Men's Shed and Carol's business expansion , to suddenly being capable of writing an abduction tale worthy of Stephen King?
    And why would the Love/Hate guy bother his ass?
    So far we've only ever seen him play cards or drinking a few pints. What would he gain by kidnapping an eighteen year old? And who would be paying him to do it?
    As far as I remember, Katie and himself have had no interaction so far, nor indeed any of her family apart from Eskimo Boy.
    No, it doesn't make any sense....
    But then of course, it is Fair City, and things rarely make sense in Carringstown anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement