Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

walshb wrote: »
    Wanderer, FC is no different than the late late thread and the Ray D'Arcy thread. They exist to be slated.

That would be true if FC were 100% rubbish and every actor and actress were beyond awful. However I happened to find some of it quite good and live in hope for the next decent storyline. I await with baited breath to see if they can cleverly explain this whole Katy thing. I don't think Tommy would kidnap her- what options would that leave him? He would have to either kill her to silence her or make her promise to never say anything about the affair, I cant see him doing either- the more worried Debbie is, the less likely he can sleep with her! Its lose lose!

Although I did read today that:
    Oisin is arrested and suspicion grows around him...now what that means I don't know but if its Oisin then I have absolutely no idea why he would do anything to Katy (or even have the time, what with spending all day in the pub and tormenting Jane!).

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Although I did read today that:
    Oisin is arrested and suspicion grows around him...now what that means I don't know but if its Oisin then I have absolutely no idea why he would do anything to Katy (or even have the time, what with spending all day in the pub and tormenting Jane!).

Some men just can't handle the fact that all women (especially lesbians) aren't immediately turned on by them. He seems to enjoy tormenting Jane so much that I think it's actually a sexual thing for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

youwould wrote: »
    Some men just can't handle the fact that all women (especially lesbians) aren't immediately turned on by them. He seems to enjoy tormenting Jane so much that I think it's actually a sexual thing for him.

that whole Jane thing was probably just to make him a 'suspect', somehow. After the real suspect is found / Katy turns up it will all be forgotten about. What a waste.... Really just wanted Jane to have a showdown with Charlotte and Oisin after the dating app thing, they're all so evil I wanted to see how she would exact revenge on them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Yeah I'd say Oisin is a decoy. He's tormenting Jane for childish fun but I can't see him holding Katy hostage for no real reason.
    Remember Love/Hate's cousin that was supposed to be moving in with him and then backed out? Did we ever get a name? Maybe it was Cathal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I wonder if Ciarán is Cathal Spillanes brother? And he's trying to get revenge on the Brennans/O'Briens for their role in his sick Daddy (Flynn) being locked up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I wonder if Ciarán is Cathal Spillanes brother? And he's trying to get revenge on the Brennans/O'Briens for their role in his sick Daddy (Flynn) being locked up?

I assumed that was what everyone thinks, no?!If FC don't go down that route, they clearly aren't getting the most out of their TWENTY SIX writers....................ahem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I assumed that was what everyone thinks, no?!If FC don't go down that route, they clearly aren't getting the most out of their TWENTY SIX writers....................ahem

Oops - here was me thinking I had come up with an original idea - 26 will soon become 27 when they discover my talents :p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Very weird surgery they have, the receptionist can't speak, the invisible doctor advises Ama on patients she never sees (Jane) and the poor oul fella who was waiting to be seen before Jane even came in the surgery was just left sitting there.

The Katy story could be a good one if they handle it right.

Very weird surgery they have, the receptionist can't speak, the invisible doctor advises Ama on patients she never sees (Jane) and the poor oul fella who was waiting to be seen before Jane even came in the surgery was just left sitting there.

The Katy story could be a good one if they handle it right.

to be honest, that sounds like your average General Practice in Ireland to be honest, especially the latter part!!! For once the writers nailed it !!

:D:D:D:D

(see Wanderer..........I can do positive comments!)

Oops - here was me thinking I had come up with an original idea - 26 will soon become 27 when they discover my talents :p:p

ha, I didn't mean it in a bad sense! I just got the impression from the thread that that was the road they were going down...........................................cue 3 (more) months of mysterious shifty behaviour from LoveHate !

• Advertisement

Wanderer some of the words you use to describe your enjoyment of FC make me wonder if we are watching the same soap!

You "wait with baited breath" to see if the writers can "cleverly" explain Katie's disappearance . You also said you were "floored" (in a good way) by some of the storylines !!!

No offence and each to their own .....but seriously????

You have one writer for Red Rock with excellent well thought out storylines that are clever and leave you wishing it wasn't a week until the next episode ....amazing twists and no repetition. The late great Wesley Burrows who wrote Glenroe had interesting well developed characters and storylines that actually made sense. Characters were developed over time and stories were started, developed and had an ending.

In FC all you get is a mish mash of stupid stories that mean nothing and go nowhere. People like Dan sitting in his wheelchair day after day outside Spar! Why did he come back from England, where is his girlfriend, what is he doing with his life? Likewise Mondo (running an event management company?), where is his daughter? Where is Ellie? What is the point of Sash? Why the hell are Pete and Damo fighting....over what??? The stupid thick head on Damo every time he sees Pete! They were at this month's ago..... More repetition.....WHY??

Also Charlotte and Oisin (who looks about 12) and their stupid games..... FFS.... Have kids that age nothing to do all day long except sit in pubs messing with people trying to do a days work.... It's is beyond stupid.

I could go on and on and on and on............but "clever" "baited breath" and "floored" are not words I would put in the same sentence as Fair City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

What was the explanation regarding Katie's phone, Eoghan said something about it being offline or something like that :confused: Can it not be located if it's turned off ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Did Dan and Laura get the gym contract? There was lots of pressure towards a deadline for putting in their proposal but was there ever a decision on whether their proposal was successful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

dee_mc wrote: »
    Did Dan and Laura get the gym contract? There was lots of pressure towards a deadline for putting in their proposal but was there ever a decision on whether their proposal was successful?

That was writer #14's storyline. Writer #7 & #21 have the reins now so we won't see and conclusion to that for a few months

Wanderer some of the words you use to describe your enjoyment of FC make me wonder if we are watching the same soap!

You "wait with baited breath" to see if the writers can "cleverly" explain Katie's disappearance . You also said you were "floored" (in a good way) by some of the storylines !!!

You have one writer for Red Rock with excellent well thought out storylines that are clever and leave you wishing it wasn't a week until the next episode ....amazing twists and no repetition. The late great Wesley Burrows who wrote Glenroe had interesting well developed characters and storylines that actually made sense. Characters were developed over time and stories were started, developed and had an ending.

In FC all you get is a mish mash of stupid stories that mean nothing and go nowhere. People like Dan sitting in his wheelchair day after day outside Spar! Why did he come back from England, where is his girlfriend, what is he doing with his life? Likewise Mondo (running an event management company?), where is his daughter? Where is Ellie? What is the point of Sash? Why the hell are Pete and Damo fighting....over what??? The stupid thick head on Damo every time he sees Pete! They were at this month's ago..... More repetition.....WHY??

Also Charlotte and Oisin (who looks about 12) and their stupid games..... FFS.... Have kids that age nothing to do all day long except sit in pubs messing with people trying to do a days work.... It's is beyond stupid.

I could go on and on and on and on............but "clever" "baited breath" and "floored" are not words I would put in the same sentence as Fair City.

Let me try...........

The posters on that Fair City Boards thread are very clever with their sattire laden approach to the soap!

I await with baited breath the day Grey Face Bella stands up on his feet on Fair City.

I was floored when I heard that Fair City has twenty bloody six script writers

How's that! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The bit that puzzles me is that their "feud" makes absolutely no sense. I think Jane may have delivered a putdown to Oisin or something but the guy seems very thick skinned, so the idea that he would launch a hate campaign against her lasting for months seems far fetched.

The storyline about Calum and greasy robbing Pauls place seems to have been completely forgotten about.

Well I already said I thought the Heather poisoning storyline was one of the best I have ever seen, whether you want to agree or not. FC CAN do great storylines when they put their mind to it, but the number of scriptwriters means you never consistently get that level of quality.

Why are people so surprised that Damien is cold with Pete?? If it wasn't for him and Cass, Caoimhe may not have gone to the shed and potentially burnt to death, of course hes going to be p!ssed off with a man who nearly killed Caoimhe and their unborn child! I wouldn't be surprised if they call their partnership a day.

The last time there was a good storyline in FC IMO was the Paddy Bishop one and before that Barry O Hanlon killing the teacher by accident.

It's ok to pass a half hour but it's definitely not on the same level as EE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Well I already said I thought the Heather poisoning storyline was one of the best I have ever seen, whether you want to agree or not. FC CAN do great storylines when they put their mind to it, but the number of scriptwriters means you never consistently get that level of quality.

Why are people so surprised that Damien is cold with Pete?? If it wasn't for him and Cass, Caoimhe may not have gone to the shed and potentially burnt to death, of course hes going to be p!ssed off with a man who nearly killed Caoimhe and their unborn child! I wouldn't be surprised if they call their partnership a day.

Pete can not be held responsible for a grown adult going into a shed that she had no business going into and then you would have to be thickest person on the planet to crack a match in one of those wooden outdoor sheds that would nearly always be storing flammable liquids, Caoimhe only has herself to blame.

• Advertisement

The last time there was a good storyline in FC IMO was the Paddy Bishop one and before that Barry O Hanlon killing the teacher by accident.

It's ok to pass a half hour but it's definitely not on the same level as EE.

Parts of the Lucy story were decent but it just reached a ridiculously anti climatic ending.

The Heather and Flloyd stuff was decent also. Couple more also.

(Positive again, Wanderer!! :D )

Parts of the Lucy story were decent but it just reached a ridiculously anti climatic ending.

The Heather and Flloyd stuff was decent also. Couple more also.

(Positive again, Wanderer!! :D )

Had forgotten about about Heather and Floyd but yeah that was good as well.

Billy Meehan and Terence as well.

he/she said Billy Meehan. Terrence was great! That clifftop battle! The Joker meets Hannibal Lector meets Hans Gruber!!

Comical but entertaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Another very good storyline was when Paul was seeing a married woman, think her character was Fiona Piggott who was married to a much older man and she smothered him with a pillow I think. Not that smothering somebody with a pillow is good, but the storyline was quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,794 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maybe Katy is in room 202!

But it was hardly Pete's fault Caoimhe went to the shed that day? And lit a match? And stood right by an open door screaming rather than just walking out? I think your instinct to protect yourself and your unborn baby might kick in.... No??? Did Pete plant an incindery device there? No ....he just suggested storing poteen in it for a few days....Deco needs to grow up and stop acting like a thick eejit rolling his eyes every time he sees Pete.

But it was hardly Pete's fault Caoimhe went to the shed that day? And lit a match? And stood right by an open door screaming rather than just walking out? I think your instinct to protect yourself and your unborn baby might kick in.... No??? Did Pete plant an incindery device there? No ....he just suggested storing poteen in it for a few days....Deco needs to grow up and stop acting like a thick eejit rolling his eyes every time he sees Pete.

Who, me???!! :D

00033615-720.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

It was Cass storing poteen! Pete knocked it over ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Whatever about the good or bad of the stories, Pete and Damo is quite possibly the dullest and most boring and 'going nowhere' story in soap history!

• Advertisement

But it was partly as a result of Pete's actions that Caoimhe even went there in the first place, of course Damien is gonna be sore about it with Pete and also, not to forget Pete being a complete snob and d!ckhead to Tommy over not leaving him help with the jobs and trying to convince anyone who would listen that Tommy was bad news. Pete really should look at himself in the mirror before he judges others!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement