Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

Who, me???!! :D

00033615-720.jpg

Aw no 🙄.... Sorry Deco I meant Damo !!

Ha ha !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Some nice points here........... All released by RTE today.

The taxi bill for all staff working on Fair City who are needed early in the morning or late in the evening was nearly €30,000 last year

The 26 scriptwriters working on a pool system were contracted to the show last year. Fifteen received €3,495 each per episode and nine were paid €1,837.

198 episodes of Fair City were filmed last year at a cost per episode of €54,883. This amounted to €10.86m

he daily shift rate for performers on the soap has remained at €459 for the past four years.

OpV2VfV.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

OMG that restaurant scene was so surreal/bizarre I thought! Your man proposing with a song and then the rest join in like a gospel choir. (They obviously were some kind of a real choir hired by FC..I wonder how much that cost)

I never saw anything so weird in any soap ever(well maybe I did but nothing comes to mind now) :rolleyes:

Why wasn't Rose ever called Glenrose!! It seems the obvious one, eh!!

Have they completely forgotten about her and Greasey??!!

That was pushed on us for a solid three weeks and then Nothing!!

I like Rose, something conniving about her, hopefully her character will be kept away from the three stooges.

Rose reminds me of my mother ......nuff said!! :eek:

Rose reminds me of my mother ......nuff said!! :eek:

Is she upstairs..............

• Advertisement

Is she upstairs..............

I hope not :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

It's been mentioned already, but have to get it off my chest..how the hell does Jane not suspect the other 2 of being behind all her woes. When her "date" was leaving tonight , Oisin said something to your man like "Bravo" in a loudish voice , Jane sitting about 3 feet away and didn't notice anything. What crud writing :mad:

When is that Oisin going to get his comeuppance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Marite comes in jars not tins

Poor jane ....she's a tough cookie, not my favourite character by a long shot , but I feel so sorry for her now . She's a stunning looking woman with a great body ......and for any man to say a 40 year old woman is going south and needs to get off the shelf (or whatever he said ) I'd tell him where to go .... the ugly fecker !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Poor jane ....she's a tough cookie, not my favourite character by a long shot , but I feel so sorry for her now . She's a stunning looking woman with a great body ......and for any man to say a 40 year old woman is going south and needs to get off the shelf (or whatever he said ) I'd tell him where to go .... the ugly fecker !!

Jane is an amazing actress. She was brilliant tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

walshb wrote: »
    Btw, anyone know if Caoimhe went to specsavers yet? Needing to light up a match in a well lit shed to see inches in front of her isn't a good sign for one's eyesight!
    I knew a lad who lit a match one night to see how much petrol was in his motorcycle tank. Luckily someone pushed him away.

Why wasn't Rose ever called Glenrose!! It seems the obvious one, eh!!

Have they completely forgotten about her and Greasey??!!

That was pushed on us for a solid three weeks and then Nothing!!

I like Rose, something conniving about her, hopefully her character will be kept away from the three stooges.
    I read on a TV guide that's coming up later in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Is there significance to Oisin's new watch?? Usually them mentioning something means it gets a major role shortly. ... remember that 50 note!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

There was a lot bad about that living room size restaurant scene.
    But what gets me, deco was planning this for a week with Jackie yet she didn't get suspicious of one group booking all the tables (the guy did say he thought he had booked all the tables)
    Brutal writing and continuity

I missed a few episodes and the first 10 mins tonight. Was he sent in by Oisin to say that or was he just being a pr1ck?

Agreed about Jane / Rachel. Lovely looking woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

sligojoek wrote: »
    I missed a few episodes and the first 10 mins tonight. Was he sent in by Oisin to say that or was he just being a pr1ck?

Agreed about Jane / Rachel. Lovely looking woman.

Charlotte threatened to ring your man's wife and then Oisin told him what to say to Jane. He really is unhinged. Looks like he is going to start on Sourpuss next. Which all makes it seem possible that he does have something to do with Katy but I'm not convinced.
    No sign of Love/Hate tonight,just a mention of his mate. Seems to be only references to his family/friends from time to time,could they be Flynn/Cathal's family/friends......

I actually thought tonight's show was pretty good! Finally the guards know about the affair and that proposal scene was brilliant! And as someone else said on the anniversary of the referendum too,a nice touch. Poor Deco!

Thanks. I didn't know about that. I'd say your man is glad to be out of that whole situation too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

The restaurant scene was funny all the same.

sligojoek wrote: »
    I read on a TV guide that's coming up later in the week

Ha, nice timing! 3 months of greasy and Glenrose bumping into eachother ten times a day it is then...

*grabs the popcorn. .

Is there significance to Oisin's new watch?? Usually them mentioning something means it gets a major role shortly. ... remember that 50 note!

The actor that plays him has got a lot of €469 a day paychecks in the last month or two so it may explain the new acquisition. ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Ha, nice timing! 3 months of greasy and Glenrose bumping into eachother ten times a day it is then...

*grabs the popcorn. .
    And if Cathal is back on the scene it will be good timing for Gripey to suddenly have a gangster brother! [\spoiler]

And if Cathal is back on the scene it will be good timing for Gripey to suddenly have a gangster brother! [\spoiler]

Cathal will always have that reception desk to have his back. It's lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Cathal will always have that reception desk to have his back. It's lethal.

Will Robbie be able to protect the O Brien Clan from the reception desk???

Find out in about four cycles of scripts writers, or 3 months of all over the place intense/scant and incoherent storytelling

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

Hello guys...soz been missing last 3 months...was in Galway with Katie...callum..bella...joe...ben...cathal..only came back cause the ram is sniffin again

Rose016 wrote: »
    Hello guys...soz been missing last 3 months...was in Galway with Katie...callum..bella...joe...ben...cathal..only came back cause the ram is sniffin again

Thought you were upstairs Rose??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Here's a sneak preview of the new Balintine gym.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUcB9IDksjYCoGx8W5fH-dcOPOC14sKsVeSjR1xZIwrOlPFgjZvauMtMA

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Fair play to super sleuth Jane. She had yerman sussed about being married by the tan line on his ring finger but she hasent a scoobie that the two giggling kids in the corner everywhere she goes are ****in with her head for weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Does anyone know what sort of business C&O are into? They spend most of their time in the pub or some other hangout stalking/trolling ... .. Does Paul even know what he invested in? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

MelanieC wrote: »
    Charlotte threatened to ring your man's wife and then Oisin told him what to say to Jane. He really is unhinged. Looks like he is going to start on Sourpuss next. Which all makes it seem possible that he does have something to do with Katy but I'm not convinced.
    No sign of Love/Hate tonight,just a mention of his mate. Seems to be only references to his family/friends from time to time,could they be Flynn/Cathal's family/friends......

I actually thought tonight's show was pretty good! Finally the guards know about the affair and that proposal scene was brilliant! And as someone else said on the anniversary of the referendum too,a nice touch. Poor Deco!

Oisin seems to be more than just a spoilt cocky brat. The way he is acting is sick and his treatment of Jane has gone beyond a prank at this stage. Charlotte of course is having big doubts about him and I agree the way he is acting, he could be behind anything at present. What kind of 'club' is he supposedly running? Could he be a drug dealer? Could he be worse and be responsible in some way for what happened Katie? Could he be a sick pervert? Yes is the answer to all of them.

The way Oisin is acting will not have a happy ending for him whatever he is involved in. He is among other things an ungrateful son, a smart know it all, a bad influence on Charlotte who is beginning to realise this, an obsessive weirdo, and is capable of many dodgy things. I predict he will be landed in a very serious mess sooner or later. Jane's date is one potentially dangerous person he has annoyed and perhaps the re-emergence of Cathal will also spell trouble for Oisin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,444 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Callum returns to knock out Oisin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement