Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I know Kerri-Ann is desperately silly but she's my favourite character: she's consistent, every line is delivered perfectly, and the writers seem to be capable of creating delightfully random comedy dialogue for her. I love that she's been paired with Decco. I'm looking forward to the wedding of the century!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

laylag wrote: »
    For a split second i thought Sash had a gun and was going to wipe KerriAnn and Decco out!

Iv spit my tea out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

laylag wrote: »
    For a split second i thought Sash had a gun and was going to wipe KerriAnn and Decco out!

I thought she was a chick with a dick, seen as the week that it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Tonight's lines as I expected them;

Deegan to Garda on detaining Oisin;
    "Can we hold him overnight?"
    "But why he's only harmless..."
    "This is textbook scriptwriter number 11 - don't you read the scripts?"
    "Only my lines...and there aren't many."

Wombles/Jumbles/40 Coats to Spillane

"Who are you ... no you can't come in...I'm sure you're that fella who held me ma hostage, made me da lightly knock against me brother killing him. ..and were involved in me da been arrested - I'm sure we were on set together around some of that time...Christ knows you were in enough opening scenes....

"Ah it's scriptwriter 11 today - they wouldn't remember that "

"Oh sorry where are me manners, do come in."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The joker is back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Oisin is turning into a nastier character by the day. Where is his character heading? So far he has gone from stuck up brat to prankster to obsessive prowler to coward. Whether or not he is behind what happened to Katie, he has walked himself into a lot of problems as a suspect.

Good to see Cathal back. Is he just guesting as a distraction character or is there more planned for him I wonder? I don't believe he has anything to do with Katie. As bad as Oisin is, there is no evidence to say he has anything to do with it either unless she is working in his 'club' or whatever it is he has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Leo looked ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

That poor woman who was getting her nails done by Kerri-Anne. Kerri-Anne has done the nails on one hand, but when Decco appears at the window, she indicates to the woman that she’ll be only a minute. Being only a dispensable extra, of course, the woman doesn’t speak, simply nods her head and smiles.
    But KerriAnne comes back in, picks up her jacket, and announces that ‘’I’m taking my break now’’, and flounces out, without casting a glance at her customer, leaving the poor woman with her two hands still in position on the nail-bar yoke. She’s probably still there, with her unfinished fingernails and a look of resignation on her face.

Stripey, looking directly at the camera : ‘’Katey, this is your Ma’’. Well, i suppose if Kate does happen to have a quick glance on Facebook, she might think to herself, ‘’ God, there’s that Angelina Jolie again. Oh no, wait, she’s says she’s me Ma. Jaysis, it’s a good job she introduced herself, otherwise I’d never have spotted her’’
    Stripey : ‘’Don’t come home ‘til you’re ready, Katie. Look, I know we’ve been panicking here, printing out thousands of missing-person posters, making radio appeals, driving your friends crazy asking about you. And poor Sgt. Deegan has the size 14's worn off him, trying to trace you. But you don’t have to worry about any of that, the main thing is that you take your time, sure there’s no rush at all, at all. Anyway, everyone says that Connemara is lovely this time of year’’

Charlotte pull a balaclava from her handbag. As you do. Every morning, before she leaves home, does she go : ‘’Phone, fags, lighter, balaclava, keys...... Yep, I’m ready to face the day!’’

And that battle scene in Jane’s flat was like something from ‘The Pink Panther.’ Jane, using all her martial-arts skills, jumps on top of Oisin Brennan (coincidentally, not the first time she’s jumped on a member of the Brennan family) . Big bad Oisin threatens her.’’ Stay back or I’ll kill you.’’ But Jane knows that the photo album that Oisin has armed himself with is no match for her brass candlestick. Besides, Jane has already read tonight’s script and knows no fear.

And of course the Kilfenora Ceile Band, featuring Leo, just happened to be passing, instruments in hand, when Decco proposed. You see that happening so often in Dublin, don’t you?

All this excitement, in just one episode. And that’s not even half the stuff I noticed tonight.
    But life is way too short to put all my thoughts into words.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Oisin is turning into a nastier character by the day. Where is his character heading? So far he has gone from stuck up brat to prankster to obsessive prowler to coward. Whether or not he is behind what happened to Katie, he has walked himself into a lot of problems as a suspect.

Good to see Cathal back. Is he just guesting as a distraction character or is there more planned for him I wonder? I don't believe he has anything to do with Katie. As bad as Oisin is, there is no evidence to say he has anything to do with it either unless she is working in his 'club' or whatever it is he has.

Interesting to hear Oisin refer to Jane as "family". She is his half brother's mother, not quite sure what that makes her to him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

dee_mc wrote: »
    I know Kerri-Ann is desperately silly but she's my favourite character: she's consistent, every line is delivered perfectly, and the writers seem to be capable of creating delightfully random comedy dialogue for her. I love that she's been paired with Decco. I'm looking forward to the wedding of the century!

Matching Kerry Ann with deco is like pairing Jack the Ripper with the queen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

monkey9 wrote: »
    Leo looked ill.

Actor may be? He really has stepped down in the last 15 months. Hopefully not. I love Leo and his big hands and gravelly voice. He's up there with The Ram, Doug and Bob n as my favourite characters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

coolhull wrote: »
    That poor woman who was getting her nails done by Kerri-Anne. Kerri-Anne has done the nails on one hand, but when Decco appears at the window, she indicates to the woman that she’ll be only a minute. Being only a dispensable extra, of course, the woman doesn’t speak, simply nods her head and smiles.
    But KerriAnne comes back in, picks up her jacket, and announces that ‘’I’m taking my break now’’, and flounces out, without casting a glance at her customer, leaving the poor woman with her two hands still in position on the nail-bar yoke. She’s probably still there, with her unfinished fingernails and a look of resignation on her face.

Stripey, looking directly at the camera : ‘’Katey, this is your Ma’’. Well, i suppose if Kate does happen to have a quick glance on Facebook, she might think to herself, ‘’ God, there’s that Angelina Jolie again. Oh no, wait, she’s says she’s me Ma. Jaysis, it’s a good job she introduced herself, otherwise I’d never have spotted her’’
    Stripey : ‘’Don’t come home ‘til you’re ready, Katie. Look, I know we’ve been panicking here, printing out thousands of missing-person posters, making radio appeals, driving your friends crazy asking about you. And poor Sgt. Deegan has the size 14's worn off him, trying to trace you. But you don’t have to worry about any of that, the main thing is that you take your time, sure there’s no rush at all, at all. Anyway, everyone says that Connemara is lovely this time of year’’

Charlotte pull a balaclava from her handbag. As you do. Every morning, before she leaves home, does she go : ‘’Phone, fags, lighter, balaclava, keys...... Yep, I’m ready to face the day!’’

And that battle scene in Jane’s flat was like something from ‘The Pink Panther.’ Jane, using all her martial-arts skills, jumps on top of Oisin Brennan (coincidentally, not the first time she’s jumped on a member of the Brennan family) . Big bad Oisin threatens her.’’ Stay back or I’ll kill you.’’ But Jane knows that the photo album that Oisin has armed himself with is no match for her brass candlestick. Besides, Jane has already read tonight’s script and knows no fear.

And of course the Kilfenora Ceile Band, featuring Leo, just happened to be passing, instruments in hand, when Decco proposed. You see that happening so often in Dublin, don’t you?

All this excitement, in just one episode. And that’s not even half the stuff I noticed tonight.
    But life is way too short to put all my thoughts into words.........
    The woman getting the nails done should have shouted in a thick Dublin accent " Hey Kerri Ann, wharr about me bleedin naails?"

Sam Kade wrote: »

Ah they are a nice couple in fairness. Deco needs a bit of hardening up again though. He's a good actor. His stories of late are shoitttte though. Can't remember him in anything other than putting up with Playboy Bunny and stressing over his One Van booming courier business and giving snarl looks.

In fairness you are right. Couldn't tolerate her at first and can't really still but she is very consistent and makes for a welcome break from the misery that is the likes of Laura, reary Louise (departed) Sasha, and Sourpuss in terms of really annoying female characters. Katie and Charlotte are the only decent female young actresses in the show. (Yes Charlotte...she is actually a decent actress, very consistently written also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I wanted Deegan to open the interview room door and say bring out the gimp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The band playing for Decco and Kerri-Ann

The guy looked like Christy!

Was that Leo's band?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sam Kade wrote: »

I like them as a couple and hope we see a big fat Bishop wedding, bring all the Bishops back from Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

It would be a nice twist if it was Dermish who has Katie held hostage, also i'm a big fan of sarcastic Jane she had some funny lines with Alma and Deegan so far this week

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I like them as a couple and hope we see a big fat Bishop wedding, bring all the Bishops back from Costa

I know it will never happen, but a Fair City on tour episode would be amazing: have the wedding in Spain where all the Bishops are and bring Decco and Kerri-Ann and Sash and Dol and Caoimhe and Damian etc etc, I'm sure hilarity would ensue! I think Corrie did that back in the day, an episode or two filmed in Blackpool.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

nah, the writers will forget they are even engaged in a few weeks time

• Advertisement

I know it will never happen, but a Fair City on tour episode would be amazing: have the wedding in Spain where all the Bishops are and bring Decco and Kerri-Ann and Sash and Dol and Caoimhe and Damian etc etc, I'm sure hilarity would ensue! I think Corrie did that back in the day, an episode or two filmed in Blackpool.

I suppose you would have to bring the bride and groom alright! Why would Caoimhe and Damien be going??

I suppose you would have to bring the bride and groom alright! Why would Caoimhe and Damien be going??

Caoimhe is one of Kerri-Ann's friends, and an ex of Decco too I think?... and she would probably insist on bringing Damo!

Caoimhe is one of Kerri-Ann's friends, and an ex of Decco too I think?... and she would probably insist on bringing Damo!

Cant remember much interaction between them? I would have imagined the likes of Mondo, Guiness Head and Leo, even Ama and Ray would be well ahead of those two on the guest list!

On another note here is a photo of the actor that plays Decco and his girlfriend. I'm saying nothing!

dave-5.jpg

Who is Guinness Head?! Just realised I was thinking of Bela's daughter, the one who was running Vino's until quite recently, she was Kerri-Ann's friend, not Caoimhe! Shows how much notice I take of the show really!

Is Dan begging on the street corner AGAIn!! Every bloody morning!

So thats Jane and Hughie hooked up. No need to go through the three months of will they wont they formalaties....PLEASE

Sorry, but Janes skirt is a bit innapropriate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Ohh, Degan is onto something. I would love if they make a making a murderer out of it. Fair city style.

Who is Guinness Head?! Just realised I was thinking of Bela's daughter, the one who was running Vino's until quite recently, she was Kerri-Ann's friend, not Caoimhe! Shows how much notice I take of the show really!

gallery-1448455355-soaps-fair-city-w50-e194-02.jpg

I think he is just a Tommy the Ram wannabe but he will never be anywhere near such a silver fox

The amount of f'in taxpayers money wasted on printing thousands of missing signs JUST FOR the COMMUNITY CENTRE alone!! They are all over the place!! Overlapping eachother, blocking eachother out!

Ha, just as I said it Oisin comes out with "Its great to be part of this complete waste of taxpayers money""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant! The irony!!

Oh christ, Sasha and Laura. Ridiculous!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Ah FFS, there is not a chance a person who is not in for questioning would never be allowed near a interview room, your just about allowed in the reception

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement