Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Oh FFS, the police asking Debbie about katies friends, Debbie, " hang on, I think there's photos of them upstairs" ... Jesus, they'd find them all on Facebook!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,782 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anybody know the actress that played the solicitor or what she was in before? I'm almost certain I know her from something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ciaran is responsible for what happened to Katy. He has to be. I don't know why and I don't know where he is keeping her or if he killed her, but its down to him. 100%. The guy had about 3 lines since showing up 2 months ago and now in this episode he is talking every scene he is in, playing the concerned friend: "Any word from Katy?" "Don't be making up mad theories" "Oisin sounds like a headaball" <nice deflection there> and the most insincere of them all- "If you need a hand give me a shout". The episode even ends with his face...come on FC, I know you don't do subtle but if its NOT him, id be absolutely amazed.

This storyline was written well in my view, id be very surprised if any of the thread regulars here thought that when Katy sloped off from the Station that night, it would be the start of an intriguing Whodunnit and bringing in characters like Stella, Cathal and Tommy to add to the mystery. I know some storylines are absolute rubbish but Job well done for this one in my view.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Stephen Hero

I'm glad Katie is missing. Never liked Amilia Clarke Stewart.

I've never knew the Garda put so much effort into finding a missing 19 year old person. I thought once you're over 18, an adult, they don't investigate, unless there's suspicious circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I've never knew the Garda put so much effort into finding a missing 19 year old person. I thought once you're over 18, an adult, they don't investigate, unless there's suspicious circumstances.

Well she hasn't used her phone and no money has left her back account. For 19 that's very suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Does anybody know the actress that played the solicitor or what she was in before? I'm almost certain I know her from something.

Looks like she was in it before as a character called imelda ryan, at the time of mike and yvonne and sleepy Richard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ah FFS, there is not a chance a person who is not in for questioning would never be allowed near a interview room, your just about allowed in the reception
    Yhe budget doesn't stretch to a reception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

sligojoek wrote: »
    Yhe budget doesn't stretch to a reception.

I well believe it considering the state of the chairs in The Station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Another hilarious, ridiculous episode. Oh now of all a sudden they have CCTV in the Station. Why is Stripes telling Gripes he needs to rest and she's skipping off to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks to be a Brennan Vs. Bishop war happening as
    Paul threatens to tell the Gardaí that Charlotte killed Paddy if she don't take the full rap of blame for Oisin "terrorising" Jane

Why does anyone ever go into the community Centre? For cheap cups of tea? WHAT is LoveHate wearing? Penneys finest

Sasha and Laura are gonna get IT ON!

Eoghan is the only realistic character in Fair City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Sasha and Laura are gonna get IT ON!

The flirting is painful.
    Laura is an awful snob, Sash will give her hell for the 'collecting glasses' snipe which will of course lead to a declaration of how great Laura thinks Sash is and how much she admires her strength, particularly regarding the journalistbot episode, ugh it's all so obvious :(

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

Cormdogg wrote:
    Another hilarious, ridiculous episode. Oh now of all a sudden they have CCTV in the Station. Why is Stripes telling Gripes he needs to rest and she's skipping off to work

Wasn't the CCTV a big thing when Blackie and Tommy had that tumble down the stairs there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Why does anyone ever go into the community Centre? For cheap cups of tea? WHAT is LoveHate wearing? Penneys finest

To check out the latest Missing People signs. There are hundreds of them all over the place

Wasn't the CCTV a big thing when Blackie and Tommy had that tumble down the stairs there?

That is the point!! The inconsistency is ridiculous!!!

You'd swear they have a few dozen writers on the show with all the inconsistencies...................oh wait, ah it all makes sense now!!

A different accent for Bunnion Kelly for every writer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is there anything to be said for another few posters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

What's with Dan harrassing Laura every five minutes, where's the brochure? What's he doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

katkin wrote: »
    What's with Dan harrassing Laura every five minutes, where's the brochure? What's he doing?

He's chief over see-er

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

katkin wrote: »

Laura pronounced it 'brochooore'. Did she go to the States instead of Galway by mistake for a weekend

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Looks to be a Brennan Vs. Bishop war happening as
    Paul threatens to tell the Gardaí that Charlotte killed Paddy if she don't take the full rap of blame for Oisin "terrorising" Jane

Does Paul know about that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Sorry, but Janes skirt is a bit innapropriate!
    Yeah, it's way too long:) She's got a fine pair of legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Paul know about that?

I think Rachel told him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The amount of f'in taxpayers money wasted on printing thousands of missing signs JUST FOR the COMMUNITY CENTRE alone!! They are all over the place!! Overlapping eachother, blocking eachother out!

Ha, just as I said it Oisin comes out with "Its great to be part of this complete waste of taxpayers money""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant! The irony!!

Oh christ, Sasha and Laura. Ridiculous!!
    If pansie boy had said "Its great to be part of this complete waste of TV licence payers money""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he would have hit the nail on the head :)

Sam Kade wrote: »
    If pansie boy had said "Its great to be part of this complete waste of TV licence payers money""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he would have hit the nail on the head :)

Well that was the joke I was making in essence! The irony of the statement was either an act of brilliance by writer 23 or an act of idiotic ignorant to the irony of the line by writer 17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Oisin is a good actor and is playing the part well to be fair. He actually makes me feel uncomfortable every time he's on screen!

LoveHate just lurking in the background all the time being really vague and generic. It's got to be him. Otherwise he's a completely pointless and irrelevant character,even by FC standards.

• Advertisement

There really should be a PAC inquiry into the waste of money that RTE spends on the production of Fair City, after all it is tax payers money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement