Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

it was in last few pages, over the last day or so, hardly need to have an amazing memory!!!! Hyperbole comments like those (in nmy opinion) stand out to be honest!![/quote

Hyperbole. ...an extravagant exaggeration used to make a point. Seriously how is me saying that someone is a great actor. .........hyperbole. perhaps you skipped a page in the dictionary ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Theres nothing wrong with praising an actor or a storyline and if you don't like my opinion then fine but I'm not going to change it. There are more than a few people here who have said positive things about the show and another set who say negative, it shoudnt be a source of upset or argument. Live and let live, there are more important things in life!

Well stated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

walshb wrote: »
    It was hardly mine.

We'll have no handbags here please. This a safe place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cormdogg wrote: »

Don't tell Ama :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Theres nothing wrong with praising an actor or a storyline and if you don't like my opinion then fine but I'm not going to change it. There are more than a few people here who have said positive things about the show and another set who say negative, it shoudnt be a source of upset or argument. Live and let live, there are more important things in life!

But the negative stuff is all fun and games. It's soap. Soap is meant to be a bit ridiculous and illogical. That's what makes the thread brilliant. Recently, as regards creativity and suspense and intrigue, the show has been a bit of a shambles. Come to think of it, it's always been a bit of a shambles, and I, for one hope that continues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

it was in last few pages, over the last day or so, hardly need to have an amazing memory!!!! Hyperbole comments like those (in nmy opinion) stand out to be honest!![/quote

Hyperbole. ...an extravagant exaggeration used to make a point. Seriously how is me saying that someone is a great actor. .........hyperbole. perhaps you skipped a page in the dictionary ???

Chill out. You are on the wrong thread if you can't have a bit of a laugh!

You called her an "amazing" actress and said Fair City is a MILLION times better than one of its rivals!! Pretty hyperbolic if you ask me! I've no issue with people complimenting actors/actresses/shows but IN MY OPINION the actress that plays Jane is definitely not bad but average at best, which reflects on her cv, and and no soap is 1,000,000 times better than another! So yeah, pretty hyperbolic statements in my view!!

A hyperbole is an extreme exaggeration and both, in my opinion, are such! Like you I am entitled to my opinion!

Anyway enjoy the show. But if you expect everyone to turn all serious and start lauding the show and its actors all the time or even a fraction of the time, you are not on the right thread!It's p1ss take central here I'm afraid vast majority of the time!

At least Wanderer can have a laugh!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Don't tell Ama :p

Now that was when Fair City was gripping!! Mu Beggg . They took mu beggg!!

Thank God Deegan was on hand to search far and wide to find it! We got two weeks out of the missing handbag story if I recall!

soaps-fair-city-080513-2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Lol. Best quote of the night goes to granny glenroe

"Someone left a tap running upstairs....... Well sure we can't be wasting water"

Can we deduce that the obriens have paid there water charges or at least vote for the Green Party

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

How the hell is Oisin not. Barred from McCoys? How can he be allowed go into the workplace of the person who he broke into their apartment and threatened? Hughie is some sh1t employer, clearly doesn't give a crap about the welfare of his employees...

• Advertisement

bazermc wrote: »
    Lol. Best quote of the night goes to granny glenroe

"Someone left a tap running upstairs....... Well sure we can't be wasting water"

Can we deduce that the obriens have paid there water charges or at least vote for the Green Party

I think The Ripey's political allegiance lies elsewhere...

fair201511231944705.jpg

17780_54_pages_05_8919_588x448.jpg

Ok I will chill out. But when you are reading and rereading your comments as you obviously do to quote statements people have said. I suggest you take note of the lenght of your comments compared to mine. And maybe get an up to date dictionary.

fin12 wrote: »
    How the hell is Oisin not. Barred from McCoys? How can he be allowed go into the workplace of the person who he broke into their apartment and threatened? Hughie is some sh1t employer, clearly doesn't give a crap about the welfare of his employees...

Given Cathal was allowed into Station after his father almost killed the owners and a few others and noone flicked an eyelid when he moved from restaurant to pub to shop to takeaway ten times a day in the small village after he had held one of the locals at knifepoint and was the main reason behind Mumbles' "murder" , Oisin would be getting VIP treatment if they went by those standards!

Ok I will chill out. But when you are reading and rereading your comments as you obviously do to quote statements people have said. I suggest you take note of the lenght of your comments compared to mine. And maybe get an up to date dictionary.

whats wrong with my diction? I've already explained why I considered your comments hyperbolic! Extremely exaggerated statements! What would you consider a hyperbole to be?
    Also ,you wrote them in the last day or two! I didn't need to go digging to recall them! Get over yourself!

Now please lets leave it there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Jane herself not take out a restraining order against Oisin or did Deegan at least warn him to keep away from her

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Jane herself not take out a restraining order against Oisin or did Deegan at least warn him to keep away from her

I don't know but it doesn't make any sense to me that he can go in there?

Love hate again in the background what's the story?

Ya and the one scene he was in was about Katie.

Nice bit of acting from Paul there. Give the cast something to dig their teeth into and they can perform

Paul is one of my favourite actors, I think he's a good actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Paul is one of my favourite actors, I think he's a good actor.

Well by now he should be. Been in it since day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Glad laura finally spoke back at dan, he's a right pain lately, acting like he owns her
    Deegan some more classic scenes tonight. I can feel it in my waters it's a slappy copy cat crime we have on our hands here people.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Well by now he should be. Been in it since day 1.

Well in that case so Bella, Charlie and a whole lot of other long timers should be good actors but their clearly not..,...

Paul is a far superior actor compared to the likes of them.

whats wrong with my diction? I've already explained why I considered your comments hyperbolic! Extremely exaggerated statements! What would you consider a hyperbole to be?
    Also ,you wrote them in the last day or two! I didn't need to go digging to recall them! Get over yourself!

Now please lets leave it there!

Oh yes of course if you say " let's leave it there ". Then I will . Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Dan hounding Laura for the brochure all during Tuesday and Wednesday's episodes. Everywhere she goes, 'where's the brochure?', 'is the brochure ready?', 'we need to get the brochure to Jackie'
    Laura to Dan today; 'want to have a look at the brochure? I'm just finished the first draft?'
    Dan; 'nah, I'm a bit busy...maybe later. Have you not got the figures ready?'

So infuriating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I wasn't in the least bit convinced Paulie/Love Hate guy was involved in this Katie story - not enough hints to his personality, not enough screen time. But ever since someone said it here I've been suspicious of him.

He has had no back story - and little actual story - makes me wonder how this is going to play out.

I would be happy to see a bit more of him then the filler Dan/ Laura crap (has Dan ever had a decent story? Even the dramatic ones were bad)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Pretzill wrote: »
    I wasn't in the least bit convinced Paulie/Love Hate guy was involved in this Katie story - not enough hints to his personality, not enough screen time. But ever since someone said it here I've been suspicious of him.

He has had no back story - and little actual story - makes me wonder how this is going to play out.

I would be happy to see a bit more of him then the filler Dan/ Laura crap (has Dan ever had a decent story? Even the dramatic ones were bad)

Yeah he's completely irrelevant to everything and everyone,which is what made me think in the first place that he will end up being the perpetrator in a FC attempt at a "shock twist".

Plus he's always there in the background helping out or enquiring about Katy or just for no good reason at all,your typical "hidden in plain sight" culprit.

Dan is insufferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Does anybody know the actress that played the solicitor or what she was in before? I'm almost certain I know her from something.

IIRC she played Mondo's mother in Custer's Last Stand Up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Glad laura finally spoke back at dan, he's a right pain lately, acting like he owns her
    Deegan some more classic scenes tonight. I can feel it in my waters it's a slappy copy cat crime we have on our hands here people.

Lycra Laura and her fcuking brochoore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I saw on another forum where some poster said that Brennan's son looks like ET :D

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I saw on another forum where some poster said that Brennan's son looks like ET :D

Another FC forum???? We have tge licence. Copyright/plagiarism/ how dare they.

• Advertisement

Pretzill wrote: »

I'd say he's clearly connected to Cathal and it's a revenge plot. Otherwise bit pointless bringing back Cathal for one episode! It actually could play out well. I genuinely think this story could write itself with one writer handling it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement