Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So I think its fairly obvious love hate has Katie. But as usual its been so badly written it loses what would have been a good twist. Had they introduced love hate guy with a bit of substance and reason for being there for a few months rather than literally just having him rock up with no link to any other character whatsoever, it would have been more of a shocker that he had any involvement.

Maybe I missed something? Why is it so obvious that Love Hate has Katy, or that he did away with her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

walshb wrote: »
    Maybe I missed something? Why is it so obvious that Love Hate has Katy, or that he did away with her?

He's there a lot. Just around, for no particular reason. He has no back story, his character hasn't been developed at all, he randomly agreed to let dodgy Emmett move in with him having flatly refused to do so because he was so dodgy... He's shady as f&^k!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

walshb wrote: »

Ah. I think its pretty clear its the road they will go down. It is the right move in fairness but as someone alluded to, there is no shock about it and its going to be weeks, I anticipate, before the big "reveal" and we will have to endure pointless character interrogation scenes even though we know well the likes of The Ram, Oisin, Charlotte, Junior, Ruthie, Dan's Wheelchair and The Spar Fizzy drink shelf are innocent and have nothing to do with her being missing!

Even Stella was badly handled. In any other realm of a soap "whodunnit" she should still be in the mix yet Fair City's way is to dedicate an episode or two to every suspect before ruling them out!

Maybe Bunion Kelly and Greyface have her locked up writing them another script?

Also Laura doesn't seem to give a rats arse about her!!Too busy flirting with the girl who made her life hell a few months ago and arguing with a certain hormonal middle aged man in a leather jacket and a wheelchair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I thought there was going to be a suicide attempt with Katy , if it s a kidnapping or murder story them it really doesn't tie in with her acting so upset before she left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Feck sake,I was excited when I first copped on that it was lovehate who has her coz it was subtlely implied by his constant lurking. They're making it so blatant now that I'm hoping it's someone - anyone - else just so there might be some element of surprise or twist to it. It's no fun watching a whodunnit drag on for ages when we all can see who it is from so early on.

Also,has no-one informed Nicola her son is in a spot of bother??? And if they have,surely she would've made the trip up from Mallow by now? She came after him that time he "ran away" at the age of 20 like?!

• Advertisement

Cormdogg wrote: »
    The bauld Tommy is no where to be seen. I would LOVE if the Ram had her. That would be a great story. I think Dan has 50 yoyo coming his way

he should buy himself a life with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,782 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

MelanieC wrote: »

Also,has no-one informed Nicola her son is in a spot of bother??? And if they have,surely she would've made the trip up from Mallow by now? She came after him that time he "ran away" at the age of 20 like?!

Paul told him not to tell Nicola. So Paul would probably have told the same to Niamh and Rachel and in doubt anybody else has her number!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

‘’Hello, can I speak to Sergeant Deegan please?

‘’Speaking.’’

‘’Ah Sergeant, good. Now, I won’t give you my name, let’s just say I’m a concerned citizen. My call is in relation to Katey O’Brien’s abduction’’

‘’Of course. Any help at all would be appreciated, because, frankly, we haven’t a feckin’ clue what we’re doing ‘’

‘’ Yeah, I thought that right enough. Okay, now, I know you’ve questioned Eoghan, Debbie, Emmet, and Rachel O’Brien, Tommy Dillon, Cathal Flynn, Oisin Brennnan and Charlotte Bishop. But there’s someone you haven’t interrogated yet, someone I’ve had suspicions about because that person hasn’t been seen on screen since the day of Katey’s disappearance.......’’

‘’Go on. As you know, I’m only contracted by RTE to protect and serve the citizens of Carrigstown for seventeen days every year, so I’m totally in the dark. So please, tell me, who else should I haul in to the station? Help me, please? Please?’’

‘’Well, Sergeant, before I say anything else, I know that that nosey crowd on Boards.ie have already made up their minds that the kidnapper is that mysterious ex-gangster fella who works as a mechanic, despite having lovely surgeon’s hands and exquisite finger nails. But sure y’know that those Boards riff-raff all fancy themselves as amateur Sherlock Holmes’ ‘’

‘’Boardies? Ah sure no-one takes any notice of them shower of bollixes. Anyway, who do you think kidnapped her?’’

‘’Well, there’s another Brennan you haven’t interviewed yet...Ruth Brennan.’’

‘’Ruthie, eh? She’s what, about four or five? Hmm, I have to admit I hadn’t thought of her.’’

‘’But don’t you see, sergeant, she has a motive for kidnapping Katie. Katie is the only person in Carrigstown who hasn’t baby-sat her. Everyone, from creepy Bela, to preposterous ould Charlie to scruffy Fortycoats have all taken their turns, fair play to them, but never Katey. And I have it on good authority that Katey never babysat Carol’s poor little Jack, either’’
    What?! She never baby-sat either Ruthie or Jack? But sure that’s obvious grounds for anyone to kidnap her, and really, who could blame them? Thank you so much, caller. It’s nice that a whistle-blower can be of help to us Gardai for once. Right, I’m sending around a squad car to Ruthie’s house right now to pick her up. Dammit, I suppose I better put a baby-chair in the back for her. Thank you again ’’
    ‘’Don’t mention it. Glad to be of service to our gallant boys in blue. You have a nice day now. Byeeeee..............''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

haha classic post above. there hasnt been a good story since Barry accidentally murdered his friend Sarah and, witnessed by resident thug Denzo, they then contrived a plan to dump the corpse. He was eventually caught and locked up in jail and left Fair City. of course He was not killed off, leaving the door open for a return from ..... Galway....

dee_mc wrote: »
    He's there a lot. Just around, for no particular reason. He has no back story, his character hasn't been developed at all, he randomly agreed to let dodgy Emmett move in with him having flatly refused to do so because he was so dodgy... He's shady as f&^k!

Says who ??
    He's "around" a lot ....doing nothing ?? So is the entire of the cast of FC !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Bullocks wrote: »
    I thought there was going to be a suicide attempt with Katy , if it s a kidnapping or murder story them it really doesn't tie in with her acting so upset before she left

Katy may or may not have been murdered. She could as equally have committed suicide or is being hidden or helped to flee by someone. 'Pauley' knows exactly what happened to her no matter what it is. As said previously, the fact he is ex Love/Hate probably hints that this character is some kind of a criminal or dodgy character perhaps one much worse than Pauley. Perhaps more a Git Loughman type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Katy may or may not have been murdered. She could as equally have committed suicide or is being hidden or helped to flee by someone. 'Pauley' knows exactly what happened to her no matter what it is. As said previously, the fact he is ex Love/Hate probably hints that this character is some kind of a criminal or dodgy character perhaps one much worse than Pauley. Perhaps more a Git Loughman type.

Katie being kidnapped by Love Hate would seem a really weird storyline. It does appear likely though he knows what has happened to her or where she is right now.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Katie being kidnapped by Love Hate would seem a really weird storyline. It does appear likely though he knows what has happened to her or where she is right now.

I would anticipate he is connected to Cathal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I may be well off on the Love Hate angle, but it seems this such obvious conclusion is based off him being seen. It's a few weeks in now and apart from him being seen, I see nothing else that makes him an obvious suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I called it last week. It's 100percent him. Think about it, FC love getting as much mileage as possible from storylines and characters and Ciaran was brought in as a character with a "mysterious" past so already we don't know much about him except he got close to Emmet very fast, despite him robbing money from him twice! Now why did the writers introduce that, why didn't Ciaran get pally with Sean or Mondo or Dean? Because he needed a link to the O Briens and monitor Katy's movements.
    The scriptwriters probably thought they were being clever by having him flirt with Jane for a few episodes so the viewers would just push him to the side as a flirt while they concentrate on what happened to Katy. And it ALMOST worked except in the last two weeks he has gone from a silent, seldom seen character to bring right in the thick of it calming Emmet down and offering help...the penny finally dropped for me last week when he called Oisin insane and there was a long lingering close up of his face at the end-busted! Sorry FC but you showed Your cards too soon and made it blatantly obvious who killed or kidnapped her.
    I actually agree with The Talking Bread that they dispensed with other suspects too soon. Can you imagine how intriguing the storyline would be if,say, they spotted Stella making a withdrawal on her card or her phone was picked up in the hotel?? But FC have ruined this story now and all we can do is wait the inevitable few weeks before the suspect is identified but to us clever bears on boards it will be a case of too little too late. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Is it just me that cringes every time Decco says "Stay away from her or else". What are you going to do Decco? When are you going to follow through with this threat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Maybe Ciaran helped Katie willingly disappear, he just seems to doe eyed and normal to have caused her harm. After all only a gangsta would have the means to get past the m6 toll/border control into Galway undetected. They must of done it by night!

Unless he did it for Spillane, but usually gangsters would do that to send a message. Keeping her captive until spilanne is in court perhaps? I assume he's due in court?

I called it last week. It's 100percent him. Think about it, FC love getting as much mileage as possible from storylines and characters and Ciaran was brought in as a character with a "mysterious" past so already we don't know much about him except he got close to Emmet very fast, despite him robbing money from him twice! Now why did the writers introduce that, why didn't Ciaran get pally with Sean or Mondo or Dean? Because he needed a link to the O Briens and monitor Katy's movements.
    The scriptwriters probably thought they were being clever by having him flirt with Jane for a few episodes so the viewers would just push him to the side as a flirt while they concentrate on what happened to Katy. And it ALMOST worked except in the last two weeks he has gone from a silent, seldom seen character to bring right in the thick of it calming Emmet down and offering help...the penny finally dropped for me last week when he called Oisin insane and there was a long lingering close up of his face at the end-busted! Sorry FC but you showed Your cards too soon and made it blatantly obvious who killed or kidnapped her.
    I actually agree with The Talking Bread that they dispensed with other suspects too soon. Can you imagine how intriguing the storyline would be if,say, they spotted Stella making a withdrawal on her card or her phone was picked up in the hotel?? But FC have ruined this story now and all we can do is wait the inevitable few weeks before the suspect is identified but to us clever bears on boards it will be a case of too little too late. Shame.

You are beginning to join us Wanderer!! Welcome to our line of thinking :D:D

I would anticipate he is connected to Cathal

That would be an interesting twist. He works for Cathal and this is Cathal's way of getting revenge on the O'Briens or exercising some sort of leverage over them.

If it's him, I doubt Katie is dead though. Cathal appears fairly old school and not the type to have teenage girls murdered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Love hate needs to start making demands soon though I mean how long can he kidnap her before he gets bored and wants either payment for his deed or else kills her? There's also the question of where she is being kept??

• Advertisement

That would be an interesting twist. He works for Cathal and this is Cathal's way of getting revenge on the O'Briens or exercising some sort of leverage over them.

If it's him, I doubt Katie is dead though. Cathal appears fairly old school and not the type to have teenage girls murdered.

Doubt she is dead at all. Actress is doing big theatre show atm so on a sabaatical from FC. (I guess you could argue half the cast are on a sabaatical also most of the time! !)

Similar with Niamh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

is that Rita Doyle (Jean Costelloe) in the current Aldi ad with the bull ?

is that Rita Doyle (Jean Costelloe) in the current Aldi ad with the bull ?

Isn't she dead irl?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

Isn't she dead irl?

Isn't she dead irl?

That's what I thought too.

Isn't she dead irl?

no?? not as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I know she was ill over the last few years but it certainly looks like her in the ad.

no?? not as far as I'm aware.

The actress is alive and well, it's merely her character who was killed off

The actress is alive and well, it's merely her character who was killed off

I know. It wasn't me who thought she was dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

anyone suspect stripey? surely love hate is too obvious even for fair city... stripey nowhere near as worried as she should be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

Stripey??
    Ah, not at all!!
    Shure, hasn't she been too busy keepin' up with the Ram's libido to notice the roof of the Ballentyne fallin' down around her ears. Like she's obsessed or haunted, God luv 'er!!
    whatever she' on, I would love some!!

No, I think, like many on here, that Ciaran is somehow involved with Cathal Spillane, and has Katie somewhere hidden until such time Flynn has to face his maker/justice. Oisin could become the scapegoat, however. Charlitte not making his case stronger. He will have to resort to extreme measures to prove his innocence after the Jane affair. Pauldy should just cop on as to his son's perverse streak. No wonder Nicola booted it so fast!!:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement