Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

mloc123 wrote: »
    Has Paul always known that Charlotte killed Paddy?

Was just wondering the same. In fact, who do people think killed Paddy, or did he 'walk into his own knife', or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I missed tonight but from what I gather Paul is threatening Charlotte over Paddy? ? How in God's name is he going to approach this! Is he going to go to the police, tell them he knows Charlotte killed Paddy and expect them to lock her up on a charge of murder under section 5 of the Don Paulioni Said You Killed Him So it Must be True Act 2016!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

Did their mother take the blame, I think she did, cant remember her name now, dont think she's in prison though, didnt she go to Spain with the others. As Talking Bread says sure all they have to do is deny it, he can prove nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Don Paul must have the first straight Solicitor ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Was just wondering the same. In fact, who do people think killed Paddy, or did he 'walk into his own knife', or something?

Wasn't Charlit kind of cleared? Or was it her mother who the cops believe killed Paddy?

And of course, Decco, the hardened streetwise criminal will be panicking like a baby instead of reacting like any half street wise thug and laughing at Brennan's dopey threat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Cormdogg wrote: »
    She tore a ligament running 20 yards! Lol!

And she's saying it will be grand in a few days. Like a torn ligament is going to heal that quickly.

Viviennne. I don't think she got charged though. I just recall another anticlimax after what had been a great plot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Don Paul must have the first straight Solicitor ever!

Yea that was hilarious "I won't lie to keep you son (her client) out of prison: Said no solicitor ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

Decco (or Declan as Don Paulioni kept calling him) needs to bring his brothers back from Spain to sort Paul out. He drives me insane, he reminds me so much of my old boss - thinks he is way ahead of everyone else and thinks that throwing money solves every problem. No wonder I left the job !

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Jane to Charlotte "I'll be happy to see both of you rot in prison."
    Charlotte : " I couldn't take prison life, I just couldn't."
    What is all this talk about prison? OK, she confessed to Jane that she was in her house, and even hid a book in Jane's fridge, but no judge that I know of would send a teenager to prison for acting the eejit.
    And even if Oisin went to trial, what would the charges be? As far as I remember, he didn't even break in, he used Jane's keys. And what did he do when he got in? Why, he had a look through Jane's family photo albums, the dirty rotten criminal. And Jane jumped on him and held him down using her best Hulk Hogan moves. Poor Oisin is not exactly the Yorkshire Ripper, is he?
    I've seen people who have scores of convictions and never saw the inside of a cell. First time offenders very rarely get sent to jail, and certainly not for something like this. Being a pair of gobsh*tes is not against the law, and the DPP office would be laughed out of court if they ought a custodial sentence, but the FC writers would have us believe these crimes are on a par with the Great Train Robbery.

• Advertisement

Viviennne. I don't think she got charged though. I just recall another anticlimax after what had been a great plot.

Was she going out with Barry O'Hanlon and Ray for a while, it was so long ago but its all coming back to me now. Ya that was a great story, the Bishops were the best for entertainment value, Decco is only a shadow of a Bishop, bring back Zumo, Denzo and Granny

And she's saying it will be grand in a few days. Like a torn ligament is going to heal that quickly.

Maybe they shouldn't get the Ballintyne Gym gig! What qualifies Dan for the job exactly? He was on a wheel chair basketball team once

In FC you get the Shawshank treatment for the slightest misdemeanour. Just look at what poor Oisin and Charlit are facing. They make Bonnie and Clyde look like Bert and Ernie. Just ask the son killer, Gripey. Hannibal Lecter's not a patch on him!

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Maybe they shouldn't get the Ballintyne Gym gig! What qualifies Dan for the job exactly? He was on a wheel chair basketball team once

Seems he got the gig out of pity.

Seems he got the gig out of pity.

The same qualifications that the other four have for running the 200+ room hotel.Running it from one neon rave room!

jos28 wrote: »
    Decco (or Declan as Don Paulioni kept calling him) needs to bring his brothers back from Spain to sort Paul out. He drives me insane, he reminds me so much of my old boss - thinks he is way ahead of everyone else and thinks that throwing money solves every problem. No wonder I left the job !

It'll be totes awkward when they have to go into work the next day and sit at the same desk they share (with Pauls wife & Howya Hayley)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Cormdogg wrote:
    She tore a ligament running 20 yards! Lol!

Ridiculous story with her running up and down that tiny park and Dan with the stopwatch timing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

walshb wrote: »
    In FC you get the Shawshank treatment for the slightest misdemeanour. Just look at what poor Oisin and Charlit are facing. They make Bonnie and Clyde look like Bert and Ernie. Just ask the son killer, Gripey. Hannibal Lecter's not a patch on him!

Whoa whoa whoa. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, Charlih has priors, remember?? The wheelbarrow she kicked over? With a record like that I wouldn't be surprised if the death penalty gets brought in when they find out she witnessed Oisin putting a book in a fridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

"The Ram" I lol every time I read that!! Genius!! Where did it come from? Way too apt

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

tupenny wrote: »
    "The Ram" I lol every time I read that!! Genius!! Where did it come from? Way too apt

Alas, the origin of the name have been lost in the mists of time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

tupenny wrote: »

dunno he must be an Aries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

walshb wrote: »
    Dan is so interesting!

They have made such an appalling mess of bringing a disabled character onboard. At this point he is like the token wheelchair-bound guy who only gets to interact with 2 people and only ever about 1 very boring subject, sport and fitness, because that's so unexpected for a disabled person! He's just tearing up those stereotypes.*rolls eyes*

Now armed with his brief stint on a wheelchair basketball team and having attended 2 or three workouts in the park the fitness world is his oyster he's been headhunted to run a gym!

Why has he become utterly 1 dimensional since he ended up in the chair?It's like they've sat there and said "well he's in a chair now, there's literally no aspect of realistic human life he can be part of anymore". It's the worst portrayal in a soap of diversity ever. I can't help wondering if they're getting a grant or something to just shove him in there. It's such a lost opportunity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

katkin wrote: »
    Was she going out with Barry O'Hanlon and Ray for a while, it was so long ago but its all coming back to me now. Ya that was a great story, the Bishops were the best for entertainment value, Decco is only a shadow of a Bishop, bring back Zumo, Denzo and Granny

Ya and she dumped Barry to get back with Paddy Bishop, only for him to nearly kill her.

Ya in terms of Dan all his scenes seem to be on the street or else the beer garden, you never see him in the Spar or Bistro or McCoys? Likewise Laura pretty much. Then because Laura's a gym instructor she's always in her gym gear, Dan's been wearing that brown jacket since he came into it, Greasy wears that crombie coat yoke the whole time and Paul Brennan because he's a successful business man wears a three piece suit and overcoat while he's eating his Sunday dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

katkin wrote: »
    Ya in terms of Dan all his scenes seem to be on the street or else the beer garden, you never see him in the Spar or Bistro or McCoys? Likewise Laura pretty much. Then because Laura's a gym instructor she's always in her gym gear, Dan's been wearing that brown jacket since he came into it, Greasy wears that crombie coat yoke the whole time and Paul Brennan because he's a successful business man wears a three piece suit and overcoat while he's eating his Sunday dinner.

ah I've seen him when he is relaxing at home wearing a pair of Jeans and a navy jumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Just watched last nights ep. They are seriously getting some mileage out of Katie's disappearance that's all I'll say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dan looks like the writers thought it would be a great story to have him in a wheelchair and the fallout from all that. But now that part is over and he's come to terms with his disability, they just don't know what to do with him.

Yesterday's episode started with Dan just sitting there in the park early in the morning with a stopwatch timing Laura to see if she could break her record. How ridiculous is that? Did he set his alarm the previous night to make sure he was up early to time her on her morning run??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I dont know how no one has pushed Dan out on a busy road or over a cliff yet, he is so annoying I think I prefer him confessing his love for Robbie/Yvonne/Carol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

monkey9 wrote:
    Yesterday's episode started with Dan just sitting there in the park early in the morning with a stopwatch timing Laura to see if she could break her record. How ridiculous is that? Did he set his alarm the previous night to make sure he was up early to time her on her morning run??

And Dan the Drip had his back to her and was looking over his shoulder at her...it was obviously so that when Greasy arrived, they would both be facing the camera!
    He is also becoming a bit of a durty old man with his obsession with Lauras lovelife...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

How does Paul know about Charlotte killing Paddy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement