Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Bobs offer to let Debbie (who is at work again) put up a few posters in the Hungry Hog will really help. Maybe they should look outside of Carrigstown. So far they looked in Carrigstown, Galway, Marino and Clontarf. They should be looking in Kilkenny ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

If I was Pete I'd be telling Damo to build himself a bridge. Shocking what they've done with his character. He's like what the original Laura was like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    If I was Pete I'd be telling Damo to build himself a bridge. Shocking what they've done with his character. He's like what the original Laura was like.

Their story is definitely a candidate for the most "who gives a fcuk" award ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

walshb wrote: »
    Their story is definitely a candidate for the most "who gives a fcuk" award ever!

I give a fcuk because it just won't stop !!

Can imagine a business in Dublin where all the staff lived in 5 minutes walk/wheel away? The Balintyne

• Advertisement

"Keep away from Jane" How can he? Why doesn't Paul tell Oisin to feck and kick him out of the gaff. He's 19!

I'm lost. Have all the adults, Jane and solicitor included forgotten that it was Oisin who was found in Jane's with the balaclava on? How exactly do they think the case goes down?

An Paulio, ease up on the way OTT ridiculous concern for you stray son that despises you. Paulio actually has himself believing that Charlit's to blame!

Please, can some legal eagle explain how the case goes down?

Judge: Jane, who broke in, and who was wearing a balaclava?
    Jane: Oisin
    Judge: Oisin, is that true?
    Oisin: Yes, but I was coerced by Charlit.
    Judge: Charlit, is that true?
    Charlit: Yes, your honour!
    Judge: Oisin. You're free to go. Costs awarded to you. Take Charlit to the cells. 25 years. Next?

Well, close?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Oisin proves he is never one to pass up an opportunity to swindle someone, offering Jane 5,000 euros if she agrees to drop the charges, before telling Paul she has asked for 10,000
    Paul discovers Oisin only gave Jane half of the 10,000
    euros he provided to pay her off, and this latest scam
    proves to be the final straw for Niamh, who calls Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Wow a new room! Fancy gym locker room that could accommodate about 5 ppl....that must be the budget blown for the next few years!
    What exactly is in the community centre drawing them all in every single day?
    Dermot back to his old self by looks of it....Sure, why worry about your son being kept in America and your marriage breaking down when you can be sorting out a job for the local handyman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Does Paul ever dress in any colour other than black? He looks like a funeral director.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

How did Paul supposedly know about Charlotte killing her aul fella? Why would any of the bishops tell Paul that?

How did Paul supposedly know about Charlotte killing her aul fella? Why would any of the bishops tell Paul that?

Yea how the funk does he know? Either way he has no proof that would stand up in court. Like they reopen a case on the word of the Dad of a twerp who is already charged for a seperate crime. Give us more credit FC writers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Did she confide in the mouse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The one really fcuking irritating aspect of this show is how utterly contrived the situations are that allow characters to meet and start talking. Like I have literally NEVER seen Dan and Laura meet each other anywhere except outside when he is just sitting there and she just turns up, stops walking and says her lines and never even acknowledges how strange their regular meetings are; there's no such thing as "Oh, you again ha this is the FOURTH time this week that I have met you outside Spar on my way to get some milk". Nope just say the lines and get the scene over with.
    Then, even worse, you have two characters meeting and they start to talk then enter another character who again just happened to be on a smoke break or having a walk and bumped into them. Example Sash butting into Decco and Kerri Ann at least three times a day. Isn't she the manager of The Station where does she get the time to pop out do often?? Then the Community Centre which attracts all of the cast often in the same room even though most people would be cutting their grass or, you know, WORKING, and wouldn't have time to be sitting looking into a coffee cup. Then the Hungry Pig has the oddest opening hours ever and regularly has customers wolfing down plates of chips and burgers at 8am Sunday morning whilst listening to that one stupid bass song they play over and over.
    All of the above combined make FC a laughing stock it's really not acceptable for the budget it gets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The one really fcuking irritating aspect of this show is how utterly contrived the situations are that allow characters to meet and start talking. Like I have literally NEVER seen Dan and Laura meet each other anywhere except outside when he is just sitting there and she just turns up, stops walking and says her lines and never even acknowledges how strange their regular meetings are; there's no such thing as "Oh, you again ha this is the FOURTH time this week that I have met you outside Spar on my way to get some milk". Nope just say the lines and get the scene over with.
    Then, even worse, you have two characters meeting and they start to talk then enter another character who again just happened to be on a smoke break or having a walk and bumped into them. Example Sash butting into Decco and Kerri Ann at least three times a day. Isn't she the manager of The Station where does she get the time to pop out do often?? Then the Community Centre which attracts all of the cast often in the same room even though most people would be cutting their grass or, you know, WORKING, and wouldn't have time to be sitting looking into a coffee cup. Then the Hungry Pig has the oddest opening hours ever and regularly has customers wolfing down plates of chips and burgers at 8am Sunday morning whilst listening to that one stupid bass song they play over and over.
    All of the above combined make FC a laughing stock it's really not acceptable for the budget it gets!

Ha, How a week has changed you Wanderer after having a go at me for my slagging the show posts!!! You really have wandered to the dark side now with this scathing attack! :D
    You are welcomed with opened arms! :D
    Isn't it fun to watch and slag the show!

Well the difference is I do actually see the potential for the show and have enjoyed some of the stories that you hated! But when they drop the ball they really stop the ball. Ha thanks for the welcome I didn't know you and a few others were at this since 2011 Jesus half a decade slagging a soap. But I will get my own nickname in for someone just you wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does Paul ever dress in any colour other than black? He looks like a funeral director.

Don't be giving the writers ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

The return of the mac aka dermot. **** no sign of him doing a full on morph into Michael Douglas type character in Falling Down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rachel told him ages ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

squadro wrote: »
    The return of the mac aka dermot. **** no sign of him doing a full on morph into Michael Douglas type character in Falling Down.

It seems all he needed was to have a nice month long nap for himself and he's Mr. Happy Go Lucky again,not a bother on him. It's madness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Ah, i managed to sit through an entire episode of FC for the first time in many years this evening and reading this thread, I could be tempted to watch a few more!

What I'd like to know is do any of the characters ever wonder why there's a house opposite the tool place (the shop as opposed to the bickering tools who run it) with no roof on it? And do they wonder and complain why Dublin Bus has, inexplicably, put a stop alsmot slap bang on the corner of a busy road junction, not to mention the car parking spaces on the other side that take up nearly half the width of the road? And surely drivers must have copped on by now that if they go to the end of the street and turn left, they're going to run straight into a mysterious 30 foot wall!!!

I know it's Fair City. I shouldn't really have to ask!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ah, i managed to sit through an entire episode of FC for the first time in many years this evening and reading this thread, I could be tempted to watch a few more!

What I'd like to know is do any of the characters ever wonder why there's a house opposite the tool place (the shop as opposed to the bickering tools who run it) with no roof on it? And do they wonder and complain why Dublin Bus has, inexplicably, put a stop alsmot slap bang on the corner of a busy road junction, not to mention the car parking spaces on the other side that take up nearly half the width of the road? And surely drivers must have copped on by now that if they go to the end of the street and turn left, they're going to run straight into a mysterious 30 foot wall!!!

I know it's Fair City. I shouldn't really have to ask!!

McCoys and the Hungry Pig and Spar seem bizarrely designed too : they have flat roofs, which is nearly unheard of for that type of urban Dublin village setting.

Strazdas wrote: »
    McCoys and the Hungry Pig and Spar seem bizarrely designed too : they have flat roofs, which is nearly unheard of for that type of urban Dublin village setting.

Jeez .....you're a very observant lot lately :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Yes, and it also often happens that someone walks into Vinos, goes straight up to a person who happens to be standing at the counter or sitting down eating, as if they knew exactly where they would be. They then talk to that person and leave, without buying anything. I have never seen that happen in real life, that somone walks into a cafe for the sole purpose of speaking to someone already in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Jeez .....you're a very observant lot lately :rolleyes:

Well it's in the opening titles every night! You can see McCoys and the other businesses with their flat roofs :)

Not sure what happened there.....looks like when they were building their outside Carrigstown set, they either forgot or simply didn't bother to put a roof over the pub and other premises.

There are some bizarre criticisms and observations. All soaps have to have some unrealistic circumstances, otherwise nothing would happen. They are based loosely on real life, guys. Let's get back to some p€as taking of merit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Strazdas wrote: »
    Well it's in the opening titles every night! You can see McCoys and the other businesses with their flat roofs :)

Wherever will Tommy Dillon put down roots now, not a roof for an attic to be seen in Carrigstown of late!

Do you reckon any of the scriptwriters or producers ever read this thread? I sadly would say not as I would imagine forum users represent an absolute miniscule of the audience so that when the obvious reveal of Love Hate being the culprit here comes up, we will have called it months ago but the audience will actually think its clever and well written!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think they do read this thread because they make reference sometimes to some of the jokes we say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement