Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Even by FC standards last nights episode was the greatest pile of Sh*te on TV anywhere on the planet.

First of all we have Derms convincing Pete that Judy is buried in the shed. No thought to the fact that she has 4 kids and if she hadn't actually been heard of since she moved to Africa that this might have been mentioned at some point in the past 18 months. Pete works with the boyfriend of one of the daughters - has Damo ever mentioned it???

....so they break into the shed. A shed housing an illegal poitin still. So illicit is this that the same shed has more glass than Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport. Not the best place in the world to hide either a poitin still or a dead body but sure what the hell.

Then Caoimhe. Oh Caoimhe. You accidently start a fire in a shed thats what? 10x10 max? The door to the shed is wide open behind you and the fire is in front of you. Do you turn and run or stand there and jump up and down like a teenager at a one direction concert? You decide against running. So you slump down neatly beside the open door instead. Sweet love of Jesus.

Back in Carrigstown city centre Hughie (resplendent in his as ever sweat stained blue shirts) is going to all sorts of angles to get Renne to manage his bar. Why I have absolutely no idea. What the f*ck else does Hughie do that he needs someone to manage the bar for him? And maybe I missed this bit but is he not going to pay Rennne? How will it be cheaper hiring her than Jane and Her Fabulous Rack?

Meanwhile Wayne and Orlaith stress about money.....

This show should be put on Netflix - it would have an instant cult following all over the world for its crapness.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes she said sell her share, I didn't think granny Bishop owned the house as Decco got Caoimhe to help him before with council

And even if she does have a share in the house, there's her ma and two brothers with presumably have the other 'shares'. So that she would basically be selling a quarter of the house.
    There's not many potential owners who would be interested in purchasing a quarter of a house, certainly not a property that that seems to house half of Carringstown at any given time.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Coat22 wrote: »
    Even by FC standards last nights episode was the greatest pile of Sh*te on TV anywhere on the planet.

First of all we have Derms convincing Pete that Judy is buried in the shed. No thought to the fact that she has 4 kids and if she hadn't actually been heard of since she moved to Africa that this might have been mentioned at some point in the past 18 months. Pete works with the boyfriend of one of the daughters - has Damo ever mentioned it???

....so they break into the shed. A shed housing an illegal poitin still. So illicit is this that the same shed has more glass than Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport. Not the best place in the world to hide either a poitin still or a dead body but sure what the hell.

Then Caoimhe. Oh Caoimhe. You accidently start a fire in a shed thats what? 10x10 max? The door to the shed is wide open behind you and the fire is in front of you. Do you turn and run or stand there and jump up and down like a teenager at a one direction concert? You decide against running. So you slump down neatly beside the open door instead. Sweet love of Jesus.

Back in Carrigstown city centre Hughie (resplendent in his as ever sweat stained blue shirts) is going to all sorts of angles to get Renne to manage his bar. Why I have absolutely no idea. What the f*ck else does Hughie do that he needs someone to manage the bar for him? And maybe I missed this bit but is he not going to pay Rennne? How will it be cheaper hiring her than Jane and Her Fabulous Rack?

Meanwhile Wayne and Orlaith stress about money.....

This show should be put on Netflix - it would have an instant cult following all over the world for its crapness.

Brilliant post, Coat! FC is so bad that it's actually unmissable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,615 ✭✭✭✭walshb

fin12 wrote: »
    Who the hell would crack a match in a shed where there's usually always flammable stuff stored in them.

More to the point, when it wasn't even that dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Oisins bedroom; Can someone explain please?? The night of the naked selfie Charlotte said Leave your door open am I'll be in your bed. Which led me to believe his room was on the ground floor with a door/window type-thingy. Charlotte in the balaclava got in through the same door/window type-thing. Last night, she had to leave by the bedroom door and Oisin said that only Ruth would be "downstairs'.
    So where is Oisins bedroom and is Charlotte climbing up to it????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I don't get the admiration for Ellie on here, an 11 year old acting like a 5-6 year old?!?... I haven't seen any of her other work but I can't see anything special / stand - out about her.

+1

I put it on mute everytime she appears, there's only so much "I hate you all" that my ears can take when she starts screeching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Ben's real mama is back next to tell Dermot that Jo has met a new fella in America and her and Ben is moving in with him

Must have been a real shouting match when the P45 was given to her, they're making sure there is no way back for her anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Yes she said sell her share, I didn't think granny Bishop owned the house as Decco got Caoimhe to help him before with council

I think Talking Bread should tweet the writers about it! They should be as answerable as the writers of Love Hate or the Walking dead. They can't pull this crap constantly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ben's real mama is back next to tell Dermot that Jo has met a new fella in America and her and Ben is moving in with him

YAY I guessed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Deegan should recruit the wee red haired doll to the police force ASAP - not only did she see Caoimhe, in the dark, through the wall of the shed, she immediately recognised her and remembered her name despite, I'm pretty sure, never having interacted with her in any way previous to last night. She could be a real asset to the Gardai...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

+1

I put it on mute everytime she appears, there's only so much "I hate you all" that my ears can take when she starts screeching.

For Gods sake shes only a child doing her best in a soap not exactly known for quality acting and in my view she does a good job with the script she is handed. Could you do any better if you were 11 or 12, how about your own 11 or 12 year old, could they do better? If you think so, send in an audition tape and see what happens. Lay off the Ellie bashing its kind of pathetic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

+1

Personally, for me, I was commending her acting, she can only work with what shes got. Funny enough, she doesn't write her own lines!! Before this latest childish behaviour, during the crazy Heather story, she was very good. I never said she was a Saoirse Ronan in the making, but she is very good nonetheless!!
    By referring to her lines and her behaviour thats the character!
    She has clearly got something to her if she won a worldwide acting award!

Here is an article on her award

http://kilcullenbridge.blogspot.ie/2015/07/calverstowns-susie-is-top-child-actor.html

For Gods sake shes only a child doing her best in a soap not exactly known for quality acting and in my view she does a good job with the script she is handed. Could you do any better if you were 11 or 12, how about your own 11 or 12 year old, could they do better? If you think so, send in an audition tape and see what happens. Lay off the Ellie bashing its kind of pathetic..

I don't think anyone is Ellie bashing but rather challenging the opinions on here that's she a "great little actor". I don't recall anyone slagging off the Zoe, Binjamin and other child actors but then I don't recall anyone feeling the need to label them as something they aren't either.

For some reason people think the Ellie actor is (seemingly she has won awards). That then opens the subject for debate imo.

I knew bringing up the subject would start off a barrage of criticism as she's so young but if we're not allowed criticise then ergo we shouldn't be praising either.

She also played the part of Eleanor Daly in Fair City in 2008.

Woah!!! Back up the truck there - so she's playing the part since she was 3???

So there was no casting required - it was just a case of "sure she did it when she was 3 so therefore she'll now fit the 11 year old character that's been brought back into the show 8 years later" - even by FC standards that's bizarre logic.

I commended her initially back last year/start of last year. It was only then I heard in mid January or so when there was an article in my local paper, Leinster Leader that she lived close to where I live and her acting history. My opinion of her acting had, therefore, nothing to do with her awards, her other parts etc, it merely strengthened my opinion of her.

Lets all just agree to disagree! Young actors never stand out to me as they are essentially just plot devices to the whole but she has been entrusted with a weighty enough role and amount of lines and I think shes carried them well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,615 ✭✭✭✭walshb

coolhull wrote: »
    Brilliant post, Coat! FC is so bad that it's actually unmissable.

No no. You have it backwards. This thread is so good that the show is unmissable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Coat22 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is Ellie bashing but rather challenging the opinions on here that's she a "great little actor". I don't recall anyone slagging off the Zoe, Binjamin and other child actors but then I don't recall anyone feeling the need to label them as something they aren't either.

For some reason people think the Ellie actor is (seemingly she has won awards). That then opens the subject for debate imo.

I knew bringing up the subject would start off a barrage of criticism as she's so young but if we're not allowed criticise then ergo we shouldn't be praising either.

If we cant praise or criticise then there is no point to this thread. Its the constant and relentless "Shes crap, shes so childish" comments from some posters that starts to grate and comes across quite sad for adults. If you don't like her acting fine but a young girl in a soap FULL OF WEAK ACTORS is way too easy a target in my view.

The thing about FC is, very very very few of the actors are in any way good or convincing and the long termers like Paul Niamh etc don't even have any theatre or proper acting experience so they know nothing else. So when you get real and proper actors like Bob, Heather and Renee the quality difference is obvious and even acting alongside Heather, I thought Ellie did a fine job as a poisoned daughter and she was able to hold her own.

Put it this way, id rather watch Ellie act that, say, Damien tucking his head into his chest, Dolores walking up and down the street, Orla shouting about money or Oisin thinking he can act. I think people can take FC very seriously at times!

walshb wrote: »
    No no. You have it backwards. This thread is so good that the show is unmissable!

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. The only reason (apart from the fact that the wife watches it and so I'd have to leave the room not to) I watch this crap is to be able to interact on here the following day.

This thread makes FC - we should get free licences for our services to RTE

Put it this way, id rather watch Ellie act that, say, Damien tucking his head into his chest, Dolores walking up and down the street, Orla shouting about money or Oisin thinking he can act. I think people can take FC very seriously at times!

Dont forget about Bella looking miserable and sitting at bar counters moaning
    Sasha throwing her head back, sighing and just turning up behind Charlotte and Decco every other scene
    Dermishhhhhh scuttling along the street in his little legs as if he is a sheep being hearded at a dog show
    Dean.....just being Dean
    Pete painting or unloading a van just waiting to have a go at Damien
    Charlie sh$ting on about the community centre and alternating his voice to suit the particular conversation
    Rachel in what must be the loudest pair of clogs marching up and down with a sour face
    Plenty more, you get the drift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,803 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Advertisement

F Jane. She wouldnt serve Mick yet serves a coked up drug lord without a blink of an eye. If Paschal was around to see that carry on he would have that green tshirt off her before she could say "wheres my pigtails gone"

#getthatdamnpintformickNOW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I'm pretty sure he was in fair city before or some other Irish show, he was some ones son cause I remember when I saw him in love/hate I knew him from a different Irish show.

fin12 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he was in fair city before or some other Irish show, he was some ones son cause I remember when I saw him in love/hate I knew him from a different Irish show.

He was a mate of Jimmy Doyle's from his failed soccer days

004_4179eb77fa1b66d2686e5bcee520754c1e3ffde0.jpg

Heres Oscar Ellie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Ellie is great

Now await Bob being accused of bullying and everyone believing 12 year old who has just caused a bomb scare .

It might mean sweet potatoe

In the running for soap line of the year

jane wearing same top last few days straight

Now await Bob being accused of bullying and everyone believing 12 year old who has just caused a bomb scare .

here we go...........

E%20EPS%20180%20Flynn%20inadvertently%20causes%20Cathal%20to%20be%20recaptured%2001.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

In regards of Ellie, I think it's part of her character to be immature.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement