Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Do you reckon any of the scriptwriters or producers ever read this thread? I sadly would say not as I would imagine forum users represent an absolute miniscule of the audience so that when the obvious reveal of Love Hate being the culprit here comes up, we will have called it months ago but the audience will actually think its clever and well written!

The average audience probably isn't as obsessed with dissecting the show as we are!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The average audience probably isn't as obsessed with dissecting the show as we are!!

Or not half as intelligent either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

fin12 wrote: »
    I think they do read this thread because they make reference sometimes to some of the jokes we say.

Have you any examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Have you any examples?

Don Brennan for one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Have you any examples?

I think the grandmother, glenroe one, said to Emmet stop mumbling and we use to call Michael Mumples, i think Cathal whos called the joker made a reference to batman one night, does anyone else have anymore examples?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I think the grandmother, glenroe one, said to Emmet stop mumbling and we use to call Michael Mumples, i think Cathal whos called the joker made a reference to batman one night, does anyone else have anymore examples?

Yes, the time Charlie and Bella were in Mc coys and Charlie said to Bella, (in his posh voice) "that lot on boards.ie are crusifying me for not burying my wife and they're not very compelmetry about you" ..

just kidding
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

One day all the Gripey Stripy family were wearing stripes. Granny Glenroe calling one of Mumbles friends an awful mumbler was the best though.

katkin wrote: »
    Ya in terms of Dan all his scenes seem to be on the street or else the beer garden, you never see him in the Spar or Bistro or McCoys? Likewise Laura pretty much. Then because Laura's a gym instructor she's always in her gym gear, Dan's been wearing that brown jacket since he came into it, Greasy wears that crombie coat yoke the whole time and Paul Brennan because he's a successful business man wears a three piece suit and overcoat while he's eating his Sunday dinner.

Would Dan be able to go into Spar? It doesn't look wide enough for a wheelchair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Would Dan be able to go into Spar? It doesn't look wide enough for a wheelchair

I don't know about the door but the aisles are wide enough to hold 2 or more wheelchairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Yes, and it also often happens that someone walks into Vinos, goes straight up to a person who happens to be standing at the counter or sitting down eating, as if they knew exactly where they would be. They then talk to that person and leave, without buying anything. I have never seen that happen in real life, that somone walks into a cafe for the sole purpose of speaking to someone already in there.
    There's an X taped to the floor telling them where to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The average audience scriptwriter probably isn't as obsessed with dissecting the show as we are!!

FYP

sligojoek wrote: »
    There's an X taped to the floor telling them where to go.

mmmmmmm is there? I know where I'd stick that X then! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Strazdas wrote: »
    McCoys and the Hungry Pig and Spar seem bizarrely designed too : they have flat roofs, which is nearly unheard of for that type of urban Dublin village setting.

And you would nearly swear all the rooms have only 3 walls!

walshb wrote: »
    There are some bizarre criticisms and observations. All soaps have to have some unrealistic circumstances, otherwise nothing would happen. They are based loosely on real life, guys. Let's get back to some p€as taking of merit!
    What real life situations are ever in FC? A bit of exam stress once maybe

They are missing out ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Cormdogg wrote: »
    What real life situations are ever in FC? A bit of exam stress once maybe

Like I said. Soaps are based loosely on real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

walshb wrote: »
    Like I said. Soaps are based loosely on real life.

Loosely I can understand. Fair City is barely clinging on to real life by its fingernails!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

coolhull wrote: »
    Loosely I can understand. Fair City is barely clinging on to real life by its fingernails!

Are you saying Eoghan's looming trial for murder by lightly brushing against a person is not true to life???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

This trial is going to make for some lively activity on this thread in a while! I'm prebooking my popcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

This trial is going to make for some lively activity on this thread in a while! I'm prebooking my popcorn

I think I'm right in saying there is no trial though. Eoghan apparently pleaded guilty to manslaughter (!) and is merely awaiting his sentencing hearing ten months later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

The solicitors in Carringstown couldn't handle a parking fine, and that's even with house calls....

coolhull wrote: »

Agreed. But I was initially replying to some criticisms that apply to all soaps. Characters meeting each other out of nowhere. That has to happen. As bad as FC is for unrealistic sh1t, the soaps in Britain are ridiculously OTT unrealistic. The problem with FC (and the beauty of it for us) is the delivery of their stories. It's all over the place, but as far as ridiculous unrealistic sh1t happening, it's in the ha'penny place compared to Emmerdale and Corrie! I don't intentionally watch either of those.

Bank Holiday weekend episode opens with a grumpy Pete and Damien! Quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Pete's level won't be reading true after getting lobbed into the van like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We all want to see him getting badly hurt

lol half of the people at the opening are Ballintyne staff members

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Tommy has a Tesco bag, Spar won't be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

lol half of the people at the opening are Ballintyne staff members

No sign of Melanie who spent two weeks cleaning the gym front desk

Did anyone spot Tommy and Debbie holding hands?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Did anyone spot Tommy and Debbie holding hands?

Yup , it was a very emotional gym opening in fairness !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement