Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Did anyone spot Tommy and Debbie holding hands?

They'll be in room 202 before the end of the program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

They'll be in room 202 before the end of the program.
    Bingo

It feels like Caoimhe has been pregnant for years now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The Pete/Damien will they won't they will be revealed in the Christmas 2016 special!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Jackie working them pecs in the new gym.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    The Pete/Damien will they won't they will be revealed in the Christmas 2016 special!

That's being a bit optimistic, Walshb.....

The next page on this thread will be, 202 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Jane and Hughie having a cosy dinner together after their shift....only weeks ago, he wanted to fire her and took the head off her for getting a 60euros order wrong. Well done consistency!
    Also, for a man so much a stickler for keeping to the rules, why is Deegan openly talking about impending charges to Jane, Oisin and Charlotte :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Was I hearing things or did Dolores call Pete Doug at one point tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Was I hearing things or did Dolores call Pete Doug at one point tonight?

Pigeon head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Some gym opening that. Not a sight of any of the equipment that you'd normally see in a gym :rolleyes:

Will Don Paulioni find out that Oisin gave Charlotte 5 grand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

According to Hughie, the Banks are open tomorrow.

They aren't. Its a bank holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Where does somebody get 10K in cash on a sunday evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

sligojoek wrote: »
    Where does somebody get 10K in cash on a sunday evening?

Eh, this is Don Paulioni we are talking about , the capofamiglia of Carrigstown

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Did Paul not offer Jane €20,000 or something last week?!! Today he was outraged at giving her 5000. Pocket change for Don Paulioni.

Did I miss something or is this just a massive continuity error from Fair City's 500 writers.

At least Garda Deegan got it right, (regarding Jane dropping charges) . ... I thought FC would have have him say something like, 'grand, case closed so'.

EIREDriver wrote: »
    Did Paul not offer Jane €20,000 or something last week?!! Today he was outraged at giving her 5000. Pocket change for Don Paulioni.

Did I miss something or is this just a massive continuity error from Fair City's 500 writers.

Jane was just playing with him last week, pretending to think of an offer to keep her mouth shut and she upped her offer to a million, taunting Paul who actually thought she was serious. The fact that she is now willing to take 5k annoys him because in his head he was going to solve this by blackmail rather than greasing palms. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense but this is FC, you gotta roll with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No, I thought that too. He acted quite outraged when hearing 10 k tonight, yet was up to 20 k last week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ya he actually said he would give her 25 grand and the she settles for 5 grand off Oisin and an apology, don't really get it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Fair City Christmas Special 1997!
    There are characters that I really like and selection boxes used be a lot bigger. (Paul had hair and Oisin/Rachel have grown!

What strikes me most about that Christmas special is that in almost twenty years both Charlie and Nicola look the exact same now as they did back then it's scary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Jane was just playing with him last week, pretending to think of an offer to keep her mouth shut and she upped her offer to a million, taunting Paul who actually thought she was serious. The fact that she is now willing to take 5k annoys him because in his head he was going to solve this by blackmail rather than greasing palms. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense but this is FC, you gotta roll with it!

Still doesn't make sense though. If Paul was willing to pay 20k or 25k last week, why would Jane be willing to accept 5000 last night, and why was Paul so outraged. Just does not make sense.

If you were selling a car and Joe Bloggs offered you 10,000 for it, you wouldn't go back to him 3 days later and ask 5000 for it.

Still doesn't make sense though. If Paul was willing to pay 20k or 25k last week, why would Jane be willing to accept 5000 last night, and why was Paul so outraged. Just does not make sense.

If you were selling a car and Joe Bloggs offered you 10,000 for it, you wouldn't go back to him 3 days later and ask 5000 for it.

I think Jane was happy enough with the 5000 because she got all three of them, Paul Oisin and Charlotte to give grovelling apologies of one kind or another and that satisfied her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

The constant lack of story continuity and historic inaccuracies in Fair City scripts which is so brilliantly spotted by the followers of this thread, so how come the 'script editors' which I'm sure are paid handsomely with our TV licence money, are not accountable??

The constant lack of story continuity and historic inaccuracies in Fair City scripts which is so brilliantly spotted by the followers of this thread, so how come the 'script editors' which I'm sure are paid handsomely with our TV licence money, are not accountable??

Because I reckon a mere 0.00000001% of the viewing audience actually notice these things and give feedback on a public thread. Its easy to dismiss a few dozen boardsies when they are pulling in decent ratings, therefore they have no incentive to improve. Shame though as FC COULD be decent if it mixed the right script with the right actors.

Because I reckon a mere 0.00000001% of the viewing audience actually notice these things and give feedback on a public thread. Its easy to dismiss a few dozen boardsies when they are pulling in decent ratings, therefore they have no incentive to improve. Shame though as FC COULD be decent if it mixed the right script with the right actors.

FC gets plenty of slagging / bemusing comments on social media re it's storylines. They vastly outnumber any comments of appraisal!
    If there is ever a comment in the media on the show, say from Republic of Telly or a radio show like Arthur Telly box or whatever it was called on Today FM, the producers would put out a statement like "we always try to get feedback from our plots to improve its quality" etc

This is the main social forum on the show and surely they read it for feedback the very odd time, at least a few of the writers.
    You have to look for ways to improve!

However I'm quite happy they don't! It's the errors and awful depictions that feed the thread!

I was looking at an old thread for the programme from a few years ago and it was negative banter! Just viewers posting about the story's and taking the show seriously! It got very little traffic and had no humour!

Over the last few years we have created a monster with this thread and it genuinely is one of the most humorous on Boards!

May it long continue !

^ Well, even if you combine the number of people who contribute on their Twitter, Facebook and this thread and multiplied it by 100, it would still be nowhere near the figures that actually watch it on a regular basis. Maybe if THEY started to make comments then the scriptwriters would take notice.

Another important point to note is that I have a strong intuition that the actors are completely at the mercy of whatever group of writers are on shift at any time and there is virtually zero feedback from the actors allowed and that they simply have to turn up, be good little boys and girls and spew whatever crap is on the paper, if they want to keep their job,

Look what happened to Jo when she spoke out about her character going nowhere- fired and will never be back after years of service. Ditto Christy. Even Harry Molloy when he left aimed a scathing verbal attack at the producers and cast members saying they were treated like rubbish and that some cast members were slimy sneaky snakes. I can only presume he meant/still means the likes of Niamh, Paul, Delores etc. After all they are on the show years and could be absolute a&&holes in real life who knows.

Deep down, the actors on FC know its just a cheque and they don't get to show off their talents in any way. They need the cash so they will do whatever is asked of them and then pay the bills etc, no different from any job. Even Dan must be thinking whenever he reads "Open with Dan waiting for Laura outside of Spar"- just keep thinking of the money, because creativity and talent are in v short supply and that's the main problem with FC- its accountable to nobody and hence will never change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Carrie Crowley's lookin well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

The Ram can NOT help himself

Cormdogg wrote: »
    The Ram can NOT help himself

The women can't help themselves from the Ram more like! 🐏🐐

• Advertisement

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Carrie Crowley's lookin well