Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mrswhiplash47

:confused:
    Hey they are in the public eye and hence they are open to comment and criticism. Check out every single page of this thread for evidence of that.

I maintain my point that in order to be considered a real actor, then you need to spread your wings beyond a show which is considered to be very amateur. And my point of people staying in FC beyond their sell by date is that is prevents new people/ characters from adding to the show. As I have explained in depth.
    So you think older people shouldn't be on soaps ?? what about Emmerdale, Coronation Street,Eastenders Fair City, all these actors have spread their wings on stage and other programs !!! Keep up dear!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Wanderer, I see you're not a fan of Dolores. Why aren't other actors being singled out? Ken Barlow in Corrie, Ian Beale in EastEnders, Zak Dingle in Emmerdale (amongst others). There are plenty of male and female actors in soaps across the board that are called 'lifers'. And why not? If I had a career that I enjoyed and was getting paid handsomely for it all the while getting a decent amount of time off every year, I'd bloody well stick at it! Martina Stanley, who is actually an accomplished stage actress, is there since the early 90s so you can guarantee she's on a decent wage by now.

Now I'm not Dolores' biggest fan myself, but I get the feeling you are hating Martina more than Dolores. I'm just a bit baffled by your disdain for one character/actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mrswhiplash47

:D
    Because when the character turns from being an interesting and fresh character with dynamic storyline to a pathetic parody of themselves walking up and down a street then it's BORING and painful to watch and any scenes with that character in it is going to annoy you. Try to separate the person from the character. I don't even know the actress real name who plays Delores and I don't care it's irrelevant.
    All that matters is when you watch a show and you see a character that has served their purpose and the only storylines they get are either giving out non stop like Orla or just rolling their eyes like Delires then of course you are going to be annoyed by them hence the rant and I make a very good point that if they were gone it leaves room for NEW people with storylines that ARENT predictable and that you can't work out how they will progress. We all knew she was never going to die from cancer we all knew Niamh and Paul weren't going to be shot last year. No tension no suspense. And that is a big problem when it applies to more than one character.
    Wanderer2010,you really need to take a step back and chill, it's just a Soap Opera not real life!!! enjoy it.

Fair City Christmas Special 1997!
    There are characters that I really like and selection boxes used be a lot bigger. (Paul had hair and Oisin/Rachel have grown!

Loving this! I just started watching it and Eunice mentions Hughie's brother "Brendan"? Another brother or was he re-christened Christy? ;)

I really wish RTE would show old episodes of FC and especially of Glenroe. There's definitely a market for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

In that Christmas special video, is Natalie a young Stripey? or just looks like her?

• Advertisement

In that Christmas special video, is Natalie a young Stripey? or just looks like her?

Definitely not Stripey. Natalie was played by Barbara Bergin and Stripey is played by Clare Niamh Daly. :D

You're way out of line Wanderer!
    The actors are not in control of the "boring repetitive" storylines that make no sense ! I go to work in a pretty boring job every day that I certainly don't love . Do I just walk out because it's boring ?? It's paying me well so i cannot afford to leave . Blame the script writers if you like but stop getting personal .'

This is a fun (ish!) thread. We often slag off the FC characters , including Niamh, Orla, Dolores, Paul etc etc etc .......not the actors !

You're taking it a bit seriously and some of your recent posts are slightly OTT. If you want serious debate and to ponder the rights and wrongs of staying in a boring job to pay the bills start a different thread !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Weird how they showed fair city this bank holiday Sunday, one of the bank holiday Sunday's of the year when the viewing numbers would probably be very low!

Anyway next week on fair city
    Debbie enlists Nina to write a story about Katy's disappearance.....of course sash and Damien's sister are an item by then. Ooooh tension. And emmet has a disturbing idea on where Katy is? I'm intrigued about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

:D
    Wanderer2010,you really need to take a step back and chill, it's just a Soap Opera not real life!!! enjoy it.

Ha! It's gas, a week ago Wanderer was saying exact same thing to me !! When I was just slagging it!

You are in deep now W, you've fallen to our level!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Fellow boardsies bickering like Damo and Pete. ... the irony :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,377 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Weird how they showed fair city this bank holiday Sunday, one of the bank holiday Sunday's of the year when the viewing numbers would probably be very low!

Debbie enlists Nina to write a story about Katy's disappearance.....of course sash and Damien's sister are an item by then. Ooooh tension. And emmet has a disturbing idea on where Katy is? I'm intrigued about that!

Is she the only reporter around :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ha! It's gas, a week ago Wanderer was saying exact same thing to me !! When I was just slagging it!

You are in deep now W, you've fallen to our level!

Well the only way is up then! People need to read my posts closer, I'm not attacking the actress behind Delores, I'm attacking the out of date character and her boring storylines, theres a difference. Anyway, my critical eye awaits 8pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Oh please not
    nina
    the most unlikeable character ever. Queue love triangle Part 34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Oh Jesus, Damien and Pete's tiff has now entered the bedroom!

Sorry, I need to ask. Where d fook is the gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Bob and the morbegs lady are the most annoying couple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Good grief this salon scene is pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Have you a pen! Good link

This Oisin-Paul story is ludicrous. Oisin in reality would be beaten black and blue all the way to Mallow by now...

5 grand isn't much of a life changing sum! Pity they don't use it an eff off to Oz

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    This Oisin-Paul story is ludicrous. Oisin in reality would be beaten black and blue all the way to Mallow by now...

Disagree totally . Oisin is class. The lines !!! You'd swear he was reading this thread for the last few years down in Cork and then decided to come up and tell a few home truths !!

Another Sammich for high flying Paul

desbrook wrote: »
    Disagree totally . Oisin is class. The lines !!! You'd swear he was reading this thread for the last few years down in Cork and then decided to come up and tell a few home truths !!

He despises his dad and is actively conspiring to hurt him, yet you think Paul putting up with it is believable?

Pwwoooaaaaarrrrrr

I miss Howdy Haley :(

walshb wrote: »
    He despises his dad and is actively conspiring to hurt him, yet you think Paul putting up with it is believable?

I have a son a similar age ... if I'd missed as much of his life as Paul has of Oisins the guilt would make me put up with even more than I do!

Why does Oisin talk like he's being fed his lines in an ear piece? Woah STOP the lights! Hot gym kissing! Wasn't that predictable! That was almost erotic! :)

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Why does Oisin talk like he's being fed his lines in an ear piece? Woah STOP the lights! Hot gym kissing! Wasn't that predictable! That was almost erotic! :)

Because he's recalling our posts !! The guy is the only real character in it !

Sasheena in another Pashmina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Someone need to tell the Don that VAT returns aren't due it'll July 23rd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement