Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Laura was looking all hot and steamy in her towel and then Sash rolls in with he big baggy hoodie. That scene could have been so much hotter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

So Debbie has kept a shopping list from Katy in her brand new ironed work trousers and just today decides to put her hands in her pockets to fish it out in front of everyone...wow!

Anyone else think that with Nina back on the scene next week and writing this story, that the whole Stella angle could come back? Maybe Stella and her gang wanted to scare her away and went too far and Nina digs deep to find this info..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So Nina just bumps into Stella in the park? Nina has better things to be doing, like looking for 10 minutes to declare her love for Sash and Laura. 5 minutes each!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

The salon scene reminded me of similar lock-in-till-they-stop-bickering scene in Emmerdale. Except that one resulted in half the village being wiped out by a helicopter while in FC there were a couple of grunts then everyone went home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

It pains me to admit it but I actually now think Oisin is a good character, hes just so odious and contemptable that you cant help but love to hate him and he has certainly spiced up storylines of late, the town would be a dull place without him for sure. But id say with Nicola coming back its probably the beginning of the end and at least he was more memorable in a few months than other characters have been in decades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Laura was looking all hot and steamy in her towel and then Sash rolls in with he big baggy hoodie. That scene could have been so much hotter.

Two words; wild things!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

oh that ending. cringeworthy. as if Nicolas return is this massive thing. she was only up a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Oisin really is a ridiculous character. You'd wonder why Paul puts up with him, there's nothing likable about him at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I am loving Oisin!!
    When Niamh said to him "you really have no shame,do you?" and he was like "nope!"
    He's gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Does anyone know where Ray is at the moment?
    Seriously I haven't noticed him in months and think Charlie etc were talking about him a while back but an excuse was made for his lack of appearance. Is the actor off doing something else?

Also for the love of good god, try and spell Dolores correctly. I understand how some may find the character annoying but her cancer story addressed a very important topic. She's not the worst of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Ha! It's gas, a week ago Wanderer was saying exact same thing to me !! When I was just slagging it!

You are in deep now W, you've fallen to our level!

Glad I got out in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Good grief this salon scene is pathetic

The old "lock two quarreling friends in the same room together" thing has been done to death on TV. Happened very recently on Casualty too when someone locked Big Mac and Noel in together when they had been bickering for weeks (with the same happy outcome).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

MelanieC wrote: »
    I am loving Oisin!!
    When Niamh said to him "you really have no shame,do you?" and he was like "nope!"
    He's gas!

He's really grown on me. He's like a charming and always smiling version of the foul humoured Paul :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

So, Damo a Pete are going to close down the hardware shop and they haven't even got that building contract yet....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwEiobh9ThUeI54Hr8ZGNguUIRVKpMfUl6U-GxoWIC7GZF_Q5XsYoP-w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

MelanieC wrote: »
    I am loving Oisin!!
    He's gas!

I love him too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

So, Damo a Pete are going to close down the hardware shop and they haven't even got that building contract yet....

I don't understand why they don't hire someone to work in the shop while they take on the contract. Why close it down? Fair enough, they'd have to pay someone. But you'd have the shop to go back to, regular income from it and a good year contract which good lead to better things.

Of course, something will go wrong with this contract and Damien will blame Pete again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

monkey9 wrote: »
    I don't understand why they don't hire someone to work in the shop while they take on the contract.

It's so ridiculous. They could just pay someone minimum wage. Or Pete could hire someone to work with him. Clearly their formula is all wrong and clearly construction would bring in a better wage than a local hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

So, Damo a Pete are going to close down the hardware shop ]
    Oh, no! Now where will the Carringstown residents buy their clothes - pegs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Pod Points are Here!!

....in other news Pete & Damo decide to close shop so that they can do building.....never once entered their mind that they could HIRE someone to run the shop? Sean might be a suitable candidate having run Spar for ages....me thinks that in reality RTE needed the shop set for the new locker room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It's so ridiculous. They could just pay someone minimum wage. Or Pete could hire someone to work with him. Clearly their formula is all wrong and clearly construction would bring in a better wage than a local hardware

or they could get someone on jobbridge, so they wouldn't even have to pay a penny to employ someone. Why don't they hire Amanda on job bridge to work there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

fin12 wrote: »
    Why don't they hire Amanda on job bridge to work there?

She's in Galway.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Expert Hardware must be withdrawing their sponsorship

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Expert Hardware must be withdrawing their sponsorship

I've never heard of them in Real Life....

coolhull wrote: »
    So, Damo a Pete are going to close down the hardware shop ]
    Oh, no! Now where will the Carringstown residents buy their clothes - pegs?

They don't do their own washing - that's done in Dermish & Jo's Launderette which has been mysteriously running itself for the past year and seemingly completely forgotten about by the writers

Some fella was charged €20 for a sweeping brush in the Hardware shop, is that expensive? Didn't even get a receipt either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I've read two comments so far about it being unrealistic to have a gym instructor in a wheelchair.

There are many things in FC that are nonsensical but there is nothing unrealistic about this.

One of the head trainers in my local gym is in a wheelchair and I've never seen it affect his work. Trainers don't jump on the treadmill beside you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

hardCopy wrote: »
    I've read two comments so far about it being unrealistic to have a gym instructor in a wheelchair.

There are many things in FC that are nonsensical but there is nothing unrealistic about this.

One of the head trainers in my local gym is in a wheelchair and I've never seen it affect his work. Trainers don't jump on the treadmill beside you.

But when he's been a bar manager for years and has no personal gym/fitness training experience then it is a bit of an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I've never heard of them in Real Life....

I've never heard of them either, seems they have a 3 year sponsorship deal with RTE, the same with the credit union, I've never seen anyone on FC mention or use the CU.

• Advertisement

I've never heard of them either, seems they have a 3 year sponsorship deal with RTE, the same with the credit union, I've never seen anyone on FC mention or use the CU.

Dermot mentioned it once, saying he was going into to ask for a loan, when Ben and Jo were heading to America.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement