Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I've never heard of them either, seems they have a 3 year sponsorship deal with RTE, the same with the credit union, I've never seen anyone on FC mention or use the CU.

I have.....they definitely have a string of hardware shops around Dublin anyway.

Closing the shop because they're too busy to run it does seem bonkers though....they could even hire in a store manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

walshb wrote: »
    But when he's been a bar manager for years and has no personal gym/fitness training experience then it is a bit of an issue.
    Wasn't he in the army?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I agree with many here.

Oisin is a great character. Enjoy him at the mo. No doubt his personality will completely change within a month

And him Charlotte have great dynamics. She is a great little actress for fair city wise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Just caught up with last nights episode, so my earlier comments about Pete and damo were a bit outdated.

What can I say....Sash...what a predator going looking for Laura in the dressing rooms where she knew she'd be like, you know, in the middle of getting dressed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

If you Google Expert Hardware you'll see an article about the sponsorship.

They probably pulled the plug after seeing that Cash Register scene with Damo. That was embarrassing. I didn't even know that it was a real company and it was another Paid Product Placement.
    You'd think that FC would fit the set with a cash register of some description seeing as they're getting paid to have the shop in it.
    I'd be fuming if I was the hardware shop. Paying good money for exposure and then seeing two gombeens running the shop into the ground four days a week.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the shop seeing as it should have been a 3 year deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

EIREDriver wrote: »

They probably pulled the plug after seeing that Cash Register scene with Damo.

What scene do you mean , 20 euro for a sweeping brush?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What scene do you mean , 20 euro for a sweeping brush?

No he didn't even open the till, he stuck it underneath the till into a drawer I think and didn't even give your man a receipt. Im not sure did Damien not know how to work the till or was the till broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

fin12 wrote:
    No he didn't even open the till, he stuck it underneath the till into a drawer I think and didn't even give your man a receipt. Im not sure did Damien not know how to work the till or was the till broken.

Was there not an iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

This Where's Katie storyline better lead to something good it's dragging on forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Was there not an iPad?

I don't know but I was just thinking there thank god your man didn't need change and had the exact amount for the brush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

There was a similar scene with Yvonne a few years back in the bistro. Cas I think paid for something with loads of small clearly mixed change. Yvonne just clutched it loosely in her hand took a quick glance at it and flung it all in the till drawer - no sorting nothing! !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This Where's Katie storyline better lead to something good it's dragging on forever

Even Gripey seems fed up. He's been on the missing list. There's only so much you can search the bistro/hungty pig/spar and the comunity centre that one can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Fair City changes due to the Euros!
    Sunday 12th, 19th, 26th June and 3rd July Fair City will air at 19:30!
    They'll be no Fair City on,
    June.
    Wednesday 22nd.
    July.
    Wednesday 6th
    Thursday 7th.
    Sunday 10th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Robbies lost weight .... and Ray .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ray and Carol.

Wednesday is the new Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Looks like a pen burst all over Robbie's shirt

You gotta love love-hate's Katy pronounciation! K T!

Yea I'm talking about the brush scene. Damien put the note into a drawer. Pretended to tap an ipad or something and a stock cash register jingle was played. Completely out of sync.

Ray is back! I was getting worried.

Nicola brings Claaaaaar with her. Ffs. "Oh no it is the BallyBoys"

These scenes are so forced and cringe! As well as ridiculously predictable.

Ray and Howya Hayley! Everyone is back from Galway!

• Advertisement

Nicola and Oisin star in FCs version of Psycho, with Norma and Norman!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I quite like the oisin nicola combo.
    Robbie took off the wool coat,summer has officially arrived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Sorry but am I hearing things right, is Nicolas partner/husband called CLAIRE?? I could have sworn that's what they said. Not great tonight looks like they are getting ready for possibly shelving this Katy story for three months as the next shift has arrived. Love Hate likes to wear women's blouses doesn't he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,371 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry but am I hearing things right, is Nicolas partner/husband called CLAIRE?? I could have sworn that's what they said. Not great tonight looks like they are getting ready for possibly shelving this Katy story for three months as the next shift has arrived. Love Hate likes to wear women's blouses doesn't he.

Is he French by way of Mallow Cork :p I think it is Clair

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is he French by way of Mallow Cork :p I think it is Clair
    It think it's Mallow for Clarence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

What was love hate doing on KT face book? Creeping??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Niamh's plan backfired. Nicola is unbearably posh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

bazermc wrote: »
    What was love hate doing on KT face book? Creeping??

Hes the guy responsible so no doubt to turn the screw even further he is tormenting them by posting vile messages about Katy on it then playing the innocent by "warning" Emmet about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Gonna enjoy this with a post beer curry on my last night off before a 6 day workathon!

I'll be back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

LoveHate is probably the one who posted those messages on KT's page.

Clar is short for Clarence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement