Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Coat22 wrote: »
    BTW (and apologies if someone else has beaten me to it) but isn't Claaaaar the bould Father Damo from Craggy Island????

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQb0Qcn9OPCAgpoqygglen_2SWJxoRJ6oTnXVppH6A0Hj2V5OeH53XIMI

The actor who plays Clááááááár was in Killinaskully (one of the Ballyboys. Joe Rooney was also in Killinaskully so that's why you're probably mixing them up. As I'm new, Boards don't let me post links or pics, but if you search Killinaskully Ballyboys on Google Images, Clár is in the fifth picture!

I know where Katie is she's gone to the euro's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

youwould wrote: »
    Thanks to whoever posted the 1997 special, I found this Christmas special from 1996 including the ad break! It really makes me miss all the old characters like Hannah and Rita (pre-bell). And Eunice! Even though she was so annoying, she was one of the best characters ever. This was when Greyface actually had a purpose on the show. Even though it makes me laugh to say it, FC is so controlled now. By RTE powers I mean, not by the writers.

Why was George Hamilton introducing the episode?! :)

And what happened to those Doyle children.....is the smallest one supposed to be Louise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

[quote="Strazdas:

And what happened to those Doyle children.....is the smallest one supposed to be Louise?[/quote]

Aw look 2265_043.jpg

Who is the young boy next to Jimmy?

Did you know Louise and the other girl are sisters in real life?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Suzanne, Helen(?), Bella, Louise, Rita, Darren and Jommy.
    Jimmy was cute! Rita was a bit of a fox back in the day. Where's Yvonne?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Aw look 2265_043.jpg

Who is the young boy next to Jimmy?.

Is it not a girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Yvonne was on her 3 month break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Yvonne was on her 3 month break.

Yvonne is the one standing behind Suzanne (Different acress to the most recent Yvonnne). Helen is not in the picture. Louise is sitting on Bella's knee - again a different actress to the most recent Louise. Darren is the younger son, I think he is Australia now?

Yvonne is the one standing behind Suzanne (Different acress to the most recent Yvonnne). Helen is not in the picture. Louise is sitting on Bella's knee - again a different actress to the most recent Louise. Darren is the younger son, I think he is Australia now?

I didn't really look at the photo! I was just making a hillllllllarrrrrrioooouss comment based on the 3 month break rule of FC!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Aw look 2265_043.jpg

Who is the young boy next to Jimmy?

Did you know Louise and the other girl are sisters in real life?.

Yvonne and Suzanne actually look like sisters there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

jos28 wrote: »
    I forgot about that aspect of this story - I was thinking more of the
    Carol/Robbie being half brother/sister
    , because in true FC form they would HAVE to have the same father

There is no aspect. Rose being Robbie's ma is just a Boards theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Yvonne and Suzanne actually look like sisters there

Those two are sisters. Not Louise and Suzanne.

What ever happened Jimmy in the show? Dead, Oz or Galway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

bazermc wrote: »
    What ever happened Jimmy in the show? Dead, Oz or Galway?

Did he not move away with Lorcans ex wife and kid, Jimmy had an affair with her.

fin12 wrote: »
    Did he not move away with Lorcans ex wife and kid, Jimmy had an affair with her.

Jeeze don't remember that. I remember lorcan though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I remember that affair now that you mention it. I got impression tough that Ali was in the UK and Jimmy was in Australia!

monkey9 wrote: »
    There is no aspect. Rose being Robbie's ma is just a Boards theory.

And a theory that any soap writers worth their salt would turn into the actual plot route! They spent a fortnight in November where robbie bumped into rose every second scene when he was talking at the time about finding his mother! Then it wasn't touched! I like gaps in stories development rather than the usual FC 3 months of the same story with no breaks before an anticlimax.
    But this has been, what, 6/7 months! now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Lorcan's widow. He was shot dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Thanks to whoever posted the 1997 special, I found this Christmas special from 1996 including the ad break! It really makes me miss all the old characters like Hannah and Rita (pre-bell). And Eunice! Even though she was so annoying, she was one of the best characters ever. This was when Greyface actually had a purpose on the show. Even though it makes me laugh to say it, FC is so controlled now. By RTE powers I mean, not by the writers.

Did you notice Hughie working in McCoy's? I had completely forgotten Hazel and the manager in the Bistro. It seemed better made in those days. The half the cast wandering around the Spar now is a joke.

Most importantly did you notice the difference in Charles accent, tone, humour. I miss old Charlie. He was actually a very likeable realistic character then one wife dies and he forgets about her, another dies and he forgets to bury her and all he gives a sh1t about now is a f'in community centre.

• Advertisement

Also Paul and Nicola talking about future babies. Paul said one would be trouble enough... and he was certainly right about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

happyday wrote: »
    Did you notice Hughie working in McCoy's? I had completely forgotten Hazel and the manager in the Bistro. It seemed better made in those days. The half the cast wandering around the Spar now is a joke.

That's what I meant though. I liked the scene at the end. Hannah made me howl with laughter with her comments about the person looking for Christmas crackers. The lines weren't forced like they are for half the cast nowadays. And the amount of people they had in the pub for the singsong at the end. It was great. They'd never do that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I remember that affair now that you mention it. I got impression tough that Ali was in the UK and Jimmy was in Australia!

He had an affair with her - IIRC she rented a bedsit from him and they grew close after Lorcan died. It spelled the end of his already failing marriage to Robyn. Jimmy fecked off to Australia, Robyn ended up in Cork.

Ali is in the UK with Lorcan Jr and a bloke called Colm or Colin or something like that...

That's what I meant though. I liked the scene at the end. Hannah made me howl with laughter with her comments about the person looking for Christmas crackers. The lines weren't forced like they are for half the cast nowadays. And the amount of people they had in the pub for the singsong at the end. It was great. They'd never do that now.

I noticed the big crowd in the pub too. It was more realistic. I had a tear in my eye when Hannah sang Silent Night.

Leo was a bit of a stud in those days too!

TB maybe Charlie spends all of his time in the community centre because it is named after his first wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

Have Oisin and Nicola hatched a plan against Paul or are they trying to swindle him or something? I'm not sure if I've missed something or if the scriptwriters are blundering aimlessly through the story!

I hope Nicola and Clar stay, both great characters. Clar is a caricature, he's hilarious. It's funny watching Nicola and Niamh arguing as irl Claudia Caroll and Clelia Murphy are great friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

threetrees wrote: »
    Have Oisin and Nicola hatched a plan against Paul or are they trying to swindle him or something? I'm not sure if I've missed something or if the scriptwriters are blundering aimlessly through the story!

I hope Nicola and Clar stay, both great characters. Clar is a caricature, he's hilarious. It's funny watching Nicola and Niamh arguing as irl Claudia Caroll and Clelia Murphy are great friends.

I think when Oisin first arrived he told Nicola his main reason for wanting to stay with Paul was basically so he could get a load of money off him, Nicola is happy for him to do this as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

happyday wrote: »

The reason FC was better then is they didn't have to churn out four a week ! I'd much prefer two decent ones rather than four s*** ones like we get now. However commercially it makes much more sense to do four .... sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I never realized Leo was in FC that long, that Christmas special was 1996, what year did he join does anyone know??

I never realized Leo was in FC that long, that Christmas special was 1996, what year did he join does anyone know??

i think about early 1996? Definitely arrived that year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I recall that the actor who plays Bella had a big night to celebrate 20-25 years in the soap a few years ago on The Late Late Show and there was a big furore that Rita wasn't invited despite playing such a large part in the early years of the show. Wonder what happened there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement