Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I recall that the actor who plays Bella had a big night to celebrate 20-25 years in the soap a few years ago on The Late Late Show and there was a big furore that Rita wasn't invited despite playing such a large part in the early years of the show. Wonder what happened there?

Oh Ithe was Bells at Dawn! Essentially Bells and Bella were the Biddy and Mile, the Jack and Vera, the Pippa and Tom of Fair City. The show centred a lot around their family
    Yet when Bella got this silly anniversary dedication (probably a last minute RTE canteen throw someone in ) on the LLS Rita was plumped into the audience and didn't get a mention or allowed a word in. LLS blamed time constraints but didn't apologise.

It was ridiculous for her not to get a chance to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ah I see, I can fully understand why she was annoyed at that. Terrible way to treat someone so integral to the soap. You never know what goes on behind the scenes though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm failing to see why Emmet had his fly open.

That was really appropriate, Emmet. Start adjusting your junk and zipping up your fly RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR MOTHER..

Ciaran is in so many scenes now looking googly-eyed at the O Briens that FC are really throwing subtlety out of the window so when he is eventually revealed as Katy's killer not a single gasp will be drawn :rolleyes:

I'm glad Oisin is still hanging around. Without him, we would only have lesbian affair #4678999 or Robbie being mean and moody to entertain us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Someone needs to teach Robbie how to smoke. And how to hold a cigarette. And get him a haircut while ye're at it.
    Mondo is an awful goon, he has agreed exactly nothing with Hayley and yet is going around with a big gimpy smile on him, planning how he'll spend his first million!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

So Nicola and Oisins Big Plan was that he pretends to go but she backs him up when he decides to stay???
    Why cant Hayley just speak normally instead of having a suggestive tone in every single sentence?
    Charlies house is the dullest looking bachelor pad I've ever seen - it was trendier when Charlie lived there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Oh Ithe was Bells at Dawn! Essentially Bells and Bella were the Biddy and Mile, the Jack and Vera, the Pippa and Tom of Fair City. The show centred a lot around their family
    Yet when Bella got this silly anniversary dedication (probably a last minute RTE canteen throw someone in ) on the LLS Rita was plumped into the audience and didn't get a mention or allowed a word in. LLS blamed time constraints but didn't apologise.

It was ridiculous for her not to get a chance to speak.

While the Doyle family were an integral part of the show, it is an insult to Biddy & Miley, Jack & Vera and Pippa & Tom to mention Bela & Rita in the same sentence.
    Rita lived in the shop with her Mother Hannah and the kids (Helen, Jimmy, Yvonne, Suzanne, Darren & Louise) Bela had an affair with Barry O'Hanlon's wife Linda (they had a baby together called Alice who died) IIRC, it was implied that Bela was a bit of a womaniser and him and Rita reunited not long before her stroke and he then cared for til her death (hence Yvonne's outburst at the funeral)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

looks like nina is back again next week... cue lesbian love triangle #254425541

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

While the Doyle family were an integral part of the show, it is an insult to Biddy & Miley, Jack & Vera and Pippa & Tom to mention Bela & Rita in the same sentence. Rita lived in the shop with her Mother Hannah and the kids (Helen, Jimmy, Yvonne, Suzanne, Darren & Louise) Bela had an affair with Barry O'Hanlon's wife Linda (they had a baby together called Alice who died) IIRC, it was implied that Bela was a bit of a womaniser and him and Rita reunited not long before her stroke and he then cared for til her death (hence Yvonne's outburst at the funeral)

Didn't Bela hit Rita too? It seems to have been heavily implied in the past...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Didn't Bela hit Rita too? It seems to have been heavily implied in the past...

I don't think so. I thought the first case of domestic abuse was Damiens parents but I could be wrong.. There was no hint or indication of a mention of it when Suzanne was beating Damien...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fittle wrote: »
    So Nicola and Oisins Big Plan was that he pretends to go but she backs him up when he decides to stay???
    Why cant Hayley just speak normally instead of having a suggestive tone in every single sentence?
    Charlies house is the dullest looking bachelor pad I've ever seen - it was trendier when Charlie lived there.

Because Hayley's character is based on a cartoon type! She's not remotely human!

Btw, is it just me or is anyone else not getting Love Hate boy and his supposedly obvious connection to Katie's disappearance? I have next to no idea why he is in it, so I guess that alone is the only reason he could be involved!

While the Doyle family were an integral part of the show, it is an insult to Biddy & Miley, Jack & Vera and Pippa & Tom to mention Bela & Rita in the same sentence.
    Rita lived in the shop with her Mother Hannah and the kids (Helen, Jimmy, Yvonne, Suzanne, Darren & Louise) Bela had an affair with Barry O'Hanlon's wife Linda (they had a baby together called Alice who died) IIRC, it was implied that Bela was a bit of a womaniser and him and Rita reunited not long before her stroke and he then cared for til her death (hence Yvonne's outburst at the funeral)

They are tv characters!!! I doubt they will be insulted! ; ) In fact, Miley and Pippa are the only two left alive and Pippa doesnt read this thread as she got banned from the Neighbours thread and sure Miley was no angel rolling in the hay with Biddy's cousin!
    Surely you know what I meant by saying they were an integral couple on Fair City!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I'm heading to France tomorrow from the Euros, I'll be gone a couple of weeks. A few predictions: Oisin is still here, Robbie's Mother is alive, Katy is still missing, Hayley loses Mondos money, Damo & Pete close the store but the new job goes terribly wrong, Caoimhe is somehow still pregnant, Nina is back for inevitable lesbian love triangle no mention of Janes burglary again. Wonder if me Da & co are back before I am. Also Carraigstown seems to exist in a world where there's no Euros. Or is 2 weeks not long enough for any of that to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I spoke too soon they're all over the Euros!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,369 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was it on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I flipping missed it tonight

walshb wrote: »
    Btw, is it just me or is anyone else not getting Love Hate boy and his supposedly obvious connection to Katie's disappearance? I have next to no idea why he is in it, so I guess that alone is the only reason he could be involved!

He came in as a mysterious stranger and pretty much immediately got close to Emmet, brother of Katy. And despite Emmet robbing from him TWICE, he agreed to live with Emmet and split the rent! Because it makes sense that a part time barman and a small town mechanic have enough combined wages to overcome the crippling rents in Dublin right now...
    Anyway he had practically no lines until Katy goes missing and then he found his tongue and in nearly every episode since he's been overly helpful to the O Brien family, sharing tea and sympathy with Debbie, putting up posters, warning the family about dodgy Facebook posts and generally being a pleasant nice human being. Meanwhile the likes of Oisin Tommy and Stella were in the frame so FC writers were hoping the audience were too absorbed guessing whodunnit to notice that Ciaran was slowly taking Mother Teresa's place as Good Samaritan of the Year. We are brighter than that!
    I had it copped the second he called Oisin a headaball. Since then I have only strengthened my view. He's no doubt some hired associate of Cathal and has killed Katy out of revenge and when he doesn't get his way with Jane or Hayley he will no doubt reveal who he really is, cue Deegan joining the dots, a possible chase and arrest scene and her body is found. Game over.

walshb wrote: »

Nope, think we all know he is connected!!

The state of Mondo in that t-shirt!!! My eyes hurt :-(

• Advertisement

Why can't Oisin and his mother stay in a B&B or hotel? FFS why would you have to put up with your husbands ex wife staying as your gaff for as long as she likes?? The chances of that ever happening in real life!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Why the bloody Hell would Emmet stick €200 on the Ukraine to beat Germany. What a mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Seriously Fair City don't go straight from a gormless Wayne scene to a gormless Mondo scene! They're basically the same character , same sort of storyline 10 years apart !

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

orlyice wrote: »
    looks like nina is back again next week... cue lesbian love triangle #254425541

hope not :rolleyes:

Why can't Oisin and his mother stay in a B&B or hotel? FFS why would you have to put up with your husbands ex wife staying as your gaff for as long as she likes?? The chances of that ever happening in real life!!

And her partner, who, whilst he was there spent the entire time hurling insults at the ex husband! Only in soap land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

dee_mc wrote: »
    Someone needs to teach Robbie how to smoke. And how to hold a cigarette. And get him a haircut while ye're at it.
    Mondo is an awful goon, he has agreed exactly nothing with Hayley and yet is going around with a big gimpy smile on him, planning how he'll spend his first million!

Wane's World 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The 3 fellas in The Station watching a NI vs Poland match in their ROI jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Seriously Fair City don't go straight from a gormless Wayne scene to a gormless Mondo scene! They're basically the same character , same sort of storyline 10 years apart !

I posted the above, before reading this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Did they film a special scene this afternoon I wonder? Emmett mentioned there being an "upset" in the England game (which there was).

Interesting to see an outdoor scene away from the FC set for a change with Carol and Robbe : pretty sure that was Sandymount Strand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Here are the time changes due to the Euro's!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement