Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Strazdas wrote: »
    Did they film a special scene this afternoon I wonder? Emmett mentioned there being an "upset" in the England game (which there was).

Interesting to see an outdoor scene away from the FC set for a change with Carol and Robbe : pretty sure that was Sandymount Strand.

I'd say they did a couple of edits. "England were class" "the upset in the England game" 'put a bet on Germany to win" "put a bet on Ukraine to win" etc.

They would know the fixtures weeks before - though good continuity for them for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Garzard

Still waiting for them to revive Dermot's situation from a while back over trying to retrieve Ben from the States. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Garzard wrote: »
    Still waiting for them to revive Dermot's situation from a while back over trying to retrieve Ben from the States. :rolleyes:

Ah sure he's moved on to sourcing possible jobs for the local handymen now.....happy out he is. Ben who?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

..and Oisin, who is employed by nobody and has no actual job, has been head hunted by an amsterdam dj...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Fittle wrote: »
    ..and Oisin, who is employed by nobody and has no actual job, has been head hunted by an amsterdam dj...

He's self employed, doing pop up parties....

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote:
    He's self employed, doing pop up parties....

Oh yeh, 'Pop-up Parties at the Pod'...
    I'm raging they weren't a thing in my day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Fittle wrote: »

Yea he throws a serious free gaff

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Can someone explain what the hell a 'pop-up' party is?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

youwould wrote: »

I think it just means not in a regular venue?! I can't imagine anyone paying for a Pop up Party in the Pod, no matter how much alliteration it has going for it...

youwould wrote:

There is no such thing!! Oisin invented it.

• Advertisement

It's in a bouncy castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

A surprise party? Where everyone pops up out of a giant birthday cake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Oscar winning acting being recorded by award winning journalist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Fair City- where minor, boring storylines are resolved fully i.e Robbie looks for mother, finds out she is dead and has an emotional goodbye on the beach, all in the space of a week.
    Katy went AWOL more than a month ago. In August 2016 someone will ask Emmet "How's Katy?". "Who??".

What's going on, dudes? Has FC finally broken you all?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Robbie throwing the Jameson into the sea. I nearly expected a voice from Heaven to shout down, "Yer an awful eejit, Robbie! Yeh, I always liked a drop of water in me whiskey, but Jaysis, there's a feckin limit! "

Sash to Emmet :" You can't leave now. It's lunch hour and the place is hopping busy."
    Yeah, right, Sash. I did a quick head count, and there were seven customers in the pub. Though strangely enough, those seven people were making so much noise that you'd swear you were at the Euros in Paris.

And why did Stripey get a 'journalist' who works in London to come to Dublin to write about a missing teenager? I've never seen them share a scene together before. I bet Nina was aching to say, "Please, just give me five minutes, that's all I need, just five minutes, please."

And Bela sitting in the pub like a statue of an ailing Buddha. Someone should tell him, "Go on home for fcuk's sake, Bela, this place is miserable enough without you adding to it."

In fact, the whole programme is gone so fcukin' boring that I can't see much in it to even post about any more..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

coolhull wrote: »
    Robbie throwing the Jameson into the sea. I nearly expected a voice from Heaven to shout down, "Yer an awful eejit, Robbie! Yeh, I always liked a drop of water in me whiskey, but Jaysis, there's a feckin limit! "

Sash to Emmet :" You can't leave now. It's lunch hour and the place is hopping busy."
    Yeah, right, Sash. I did a quick head count, and there were seven customers in the pub. Though strangely enough, those seven people were making so much noise that you'd swear you were at the Euros in Paris.

And why did Stripey get a 'journalist' who works in London to come to Dublin to write about a missing teenager? I've never seen them share a scene together before. I bet Nina was aching to say, "Please, just give me five minutes, that's all I need, just five minutes, please."

And Bela sitting in the pub like a statue of an ailing Buddha. Someone should tell him, "Go on home for fcuk's sake, Bela, this place is miserable enough without you adding to it."

In fact, the whole programme is gone so fcukin' boring that I can't see much in it to even post about any more..
    Maybe all the contributers are watching the boring football

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Nina and her bic biro. Ah for ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

I missed it tonight, came here for updates and yer all quiet. I've read it was a real tearjerker though. I will catch up tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does Nicola live in Kinsale or Mallow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I missed it tonight, came here for updates and yer all quiet. I've read it was a real tearjerker though. I will catch up tomorrow

Yeah twas pretty sad Wayne missing the Portugal match alright. He had to catch the highlights. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

It's so boring at the moment that I actually get annoyed when I press play on the Sky remote!

I do have a couple of questions about Nicola though. Is Sophia her daughter? And is Cláááááááááár Sophia's father? There's so much talk about Mallow lately. So why the hell would Sophia be in Kinsale? That's where Nicola said she was. My father is a Corkonian and says there's about a 40 mile distance between Mallow and Kinsale - he's given up on FC but he actually laughed out loud when I told him that Nicola's daughter was possibly living in Mallow and going to primary school 40 miles away. Or are they going to tell us that a young child is going to a primary boarding school? Do they even exist?

It's so boring at the moment that I actually get annoyed when I press play on the Sky remote!

I do have a couple of questions about Nicola though. Is Sophia her daughter? And is Cláááááááááár Sophia's father? There's so much talk about Mallow lately. So why the hell would Sophia be in Kinsale? That's where Nicola said she was. My father is a Corkonian and says there's about a 40 mile distance between Mallow and Kinsale - he's given up on FC but he actually laughed out loud when I told him that Nicola's daughter was possibly living in Mallow and going to primary school 40 miles away. Or are they going to tell us that a young child is going to a primary boarding school? Do they even exist?

Mallow to Kinsale is about an hours drive and would be bad enough for traffic in the morning having go in the Mallow Road, down the North Link Road, then there's the Dunkettle interchange, Jack Lynch Tunnel, South Ring Road and then there's the Kinsale Road Roundabouts. Poor little Sophia must be wrecked having to do that in the morning and evening for school.
    I think there's a boarding Irish Primary School around Glanmire. I used get the bus from Cork and on Friday evenings there used be a bunch of Kids there getting the bus home from a week of school. (Well they looked like primary school children.)

What is the point of this love hate character he has been in the show for months now and no proper introduction storyline :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

What is the point of this love hate character he has been in the show for months now and no proper introduction storyline :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Don't you know, he is Katie's abductor/killer. The signs are all over the place.....All he needs to do is be seen and utter the odd word here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm sure Nicola mentioned Sophia being in boarding school before, but last night was the first time Kinsale was mentioned.
    There was something about Claaaaar going back to Mallow to sort Sophia's stuff out 'before she left', something like that, they seem to be glossing over poor Sophia!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

I can see the tumbleweed in here. Where is everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I can see the tumbleweed in here. Where is everyone

I'm concentrating on the football and one episode behind. Could be two episodes soon.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wonzy

Can someone explain to me the Nicola/Oisin storyline?
    Are they both trying to extract money from Paul or does Nicola want to get back with him or whats the story?

• Advertisement

There's an articles going around social media and it's about Fair City having Irish bunting in the background but it's the wrong way round!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/did-you-spot-the-tri-colour-mistake-in-last-nights-fair-city-740093.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement