Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

I know it's late June and the nights are very short but how could Eoghan be "up all night driving the motorway from Galway" ??? Such a line !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Strazdas wrote: »
    I don't think anyone would be happy with the name. I remember when he was in hospital, even the hospital staff were referring to him as "Junior" which seemed very implausible.

Plenty of kids named after their dad, but never referred to as Junior. It's comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Just watching the repeat today. Don Paulioni shops in Aldi if his OJ and jam on the counter are anything to go by...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Fittle wrote: »
    Just watching the repeat today. Don Paulioni shops in Aldi if his OJ and jam on the counter are anything to go by...

Spar won't be happy!

Where exactly is the Ballintine supposed to be? And Charlie's house? There was all sorts of talk about taxis the other night, when Emmet was kicking off in the pub?

• Advertisement

How they haven't lost the spar contract is beyond shouldn't we be seeing soar milk butter and so on, on the table in the fridge etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Hayley is fair annoying

Still would though..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Nothing to do with storyline, acting or characters (for a change) but has anyone else noticed how bad the sound is on Fair City? It's like all the background sounds are too loud and you sometimes miss the dialogue because of heels clicking, paper rustling, squeaky chairs, cars whizzing by and music - it's like the mics are fastened to the floor!😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

That cleaner is a good actor puts the cast to shame lol

Look her up, you be surprised what she has popped up in over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

STIG83 wrote: »
    Look her up, you be surprised what she has popped up in over the years.

What's her name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Ah Jesus no, could be her daughter though. :)

Glenroe I think, played Michelle the barmaid's mother

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Pretzill wrote: »
    It's like all the background sounds are too loud and you sometimes miss the dialogue because of heels clicking, paper rustling, squeaky chairs, cars whizzing by and music -

Sometimes miss the dialog? Count yourself lucky, Pretzill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Pretzill wrote: »
    Nothing to do with storyline, acting or characters (for a change) but has anyone else noticed how bad the sound is on Fair City? It's like all the background sounds are too loud and you sometimes miss the dialogue because of heels clicking, paper rustling, squeaky chairs, cars whizzing by and music - it's like the mics are fastened to the floor!😉

You're not missing much,the dialogue on any given episode largely consists of "Any news on KT?", "Just give me five minutes" and "pop-up party"........

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

STIG83 wrote: »
    Glenroe I think, played Michelle the barmaid's mother

You are right I think. I just googled her (Ruth Hegarty). Came across pics of her in a play in the Abbey with Stripey. :)

MelanieC wrote:
    You're not missing much,the dialogue on any given episode largely consists of "Any news on KT?", "Just give me five minutes" and "pop-up party"........

Except its not KT. Its KAYDEE. Like in America. Seems thats how most of the cast pronounce her name..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the new cleaner connected to Rose, Carol or Robbie?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is the new cleaner connected to Rose, Carol or Robbie?

I'm guessing it's Robbie's mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I'm currently on my 3 months break from Carrigstown (well a good few weeks anyway!) Havent seen any of it in last fortnight i think. No doubt it will be the same merry go round of plot repetion when I return randomly some Sunday like all the best characters do.

Has Deegan put out a search warrant for me yet? Ordered a full search of Galway (still cant help but laugh at "we have contacted the gardai in Galway, she isnt there, no one has seen her"!). Has he searched the Community centre and launched a murder inquiry a few days after my disappearance?

Has he interviewed everyone bar this random young man who suddenly turns up with no connections to my town, no one knows anything about him, he lurks around mysteriously and is lodging with my brother)
    Is there a couple of hundred "Missing: The Talking Bread " posters all over the community centre and my local chipper??

I'm currently on my 3 months break from Carrigstown (well a good few weeks anyway!) Havent seen any of it in last fortnight i think. No doubt it will be the same merry go round of plot repetion when I return randomly some Sunday like all the best characters do.

Has Deegan put out a search warrant for me yet? Ordered a full search of Galway (still cant help but laugh at "we have contacted the gardai in Galway, she isnt there, no one has seen her"!). Has he searched the Community centre and launched a murder inquiry a few days after my disappearance?

Has he interviewed everyone bar this random young man who suddenly turns up with no connections to my town, no one knows anything about him, he lurks around mysteriously and is lodging with my brother)
    Is there a couple of hundred "Missing: The Talking Bread " posters all over the community centre and my local chipper??

I'm sorry to say Deegan went to Galway for three months to look for Katie.

I'm sorry to say Deegan went to Galway for three months to look for Katie.

He done that search already, think it was three days after she had left and she wasnt on FB or something. I think he took a half day and covered the county.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Don't forget she might be on an island working for cash in hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Xyzforsure

Don't forget she might be on an island working for cash in hand!

How many times have we heard this! !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

No.....but I did go off the rails big time during the Ireland match last week and was downing pints until my vision was blurred, then at closing time I tried to cop a feel of the lovely barmaid, then she walloped me and I was bundled into a taxi muttering "Where is he....The Talking Bread"......

Don't ever do that to us again. ;)

P.S Oh it just occurred to me you aren't going to get that reference until you catch up. Oh well enjoy!

No.....but I did go off the rails big time during the Ireland match last week and was downing pints until my vision was blurred, then at closing time I tried to cop a feel of the lovely barmaid, then she walloped me and I was bundled into a taxi muttering "Where is he....The Talking Bread"......

Don't ever do that to us again. ;)

P.S Oh it just occurred to me you aren't going to get that reference until you catch up. Oh well enjoy!

I'm sure the exact same scenario will be repeated over next 6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Except its not KT. Its KAYDEE. Like in America. Seems thats how most of the cast pronounce her name..

Yeah but I was specifically referring to LoveHate who overemphasizes her name like K.T. for some reason! Every second scene of his is him muttering "any news on K.T.?" at the O'Briens while shifting from one foot to the other with his hands in his pockets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

MelanieC wrote: »
    Yeah but I was specifically referring to LoveHate who overemphasizes her name like K.T. for some reason! Every second scene of his is him muttering "any news on K.T.?" at the O'Briens while shifting from one foot to the other with his hands in his pockets!

Yeah its embarrassing at this stage how obvious it is that its Ciaran who killed/kidnapped Katy and yet the entire family don't even think to question this chap who nobody knows anything about and is only in town a few weeks.

If nothing else but completeness, Deegan should have spotted this fellow a while back and at least questioned him on his whereabouts on the night. But, of course, 99% of FC viewers and scriptwriters don't read this thread so they think they are being so clever with the big Ciaran reveal when we copped it weeks back. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

That was hilarious, Stephen had to pick his jaw up from the ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Has Oisin dyed his hair? It looks a lot darker than when he first arrived.

Has Oisin dyed his hair? It looks a lot darker than when he first arrived.

Very much so, ...................

022_8b5e4915fe146d8133c8dccb1d5eb093f2f2e5fc.jpg

• Advertisement

Very much so, ...................

022_8b5e4915fe146d8133c8dccb1d5eb093f2f2e5fc.jpg

Looks like Nicola is wearing a wig there too - don't remember that? Was she ill in real life?
    I suppose it's plausible that a red head freckly faced little boy can morph into a dark haired non-freckly faced 19yr old...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement