Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost drone

Options
  • 31-03-2016 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Lost my drone Tuesday evening, XK X380 in Roscam, end of Boireann Bheag area and possibly the fields. I'll give reward if found. Here is picture of it
    80353(3).jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Again? Are you sure it's not a homing pigeon you bought?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As drones get more popular I suppose we'll see more threads like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Again? Are you sure it's not a homing pigeon you bought?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Not funny at all.

biko wrote: »
    As drones get more popular I suppose we'll see more threads like this.

Never been a fan of lost and found threads on here tbh.... Chances of someone finding it and skipping the usual options(guard station) are remote.

Hope you find it anyway OP, my rant above isn't about your thread per se.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

kave2 wrote: »
    Lost my drone Tuesday evening, XK X380 in Roscam, end of Boireann Bheag area and possibly the fields. I'll give reward if found. Here is picture of it
    80353(3).jpg

not being funny, but dont some models have a feature where if they go out of range / battery reaches a certain level they will automatically return to a pre defined base area.... obviously i presume your doesn't have this?

• Advertisement

Casshern88 wrote: »
    not being funny, but dont some models have a feature where if they go out of range / battery reaches a certain level they will automatically return to a pre defined base area.... obviously i presume your doesn't have this?

I think they all have that feature, but if you crash land, you're in trouble. (ie; if it lands on it's side or upside down or such, it can't take off again).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Yardleys Lavender

If you keep loosing it and it doesn't have GPS, you should consider sticking a Tile on it so at least you have some hope of finding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Lost my drone Tuesday evening, XK X380 in Roscam, end of Boireann Bheag area and possibly the fields. I'll give reward if found. ...

Have you made contact with landowners / farmers in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,629 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hope you find it. Too late now but labelling them with a mobile number is a good idea.

It does have GPS, it was coming back where it took off from(rth function) and around 20m from that spot it changed it's mind. I found it few minutes later hovering over the near by houses. Try to regain control, but wasn't able to and few minutes later seen it going down.

Talked to all house residents, searched the field for last 2 days.
    Unfortunately I didn't have my name and number on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

It does have GPS, it was coming back where it took off from(rth function) and around 20m from that spot it changed it's mind. I found it few minutes later hovering over the near by houses. Try to regain control, but wasn't able to and few minutes later seen it going down.

Talked to all house residents, searched the field for last 2 days.
    Unfortunately I didn't have my name and number on it.

I hope you get it back. If it was flying over houses, you're lucky it didn't cause damage to people or property when it fell, or that, if one of those householders found it, they didn't make a false accusation of injury / damage against you.

I don't want to be a killjoy and I hope to get one myself soon but you need to be careful with them in populated places.

Lissavane wrote: »
    I hope you get it back. If it was flying over houses, you're lucky it didn't cause damage to people or property when it fell, or that, if one of those householders found it, they didn't make a false accusation of injury / damage against you.

I don't want to be a killjoy and I hope to get one myself soon but you need to be careful with them in populated places.

I didn't mean to fly over houses, quad itself flied there. I was flying over the fields. Luckily it didn't injured anyone.
    Even if found after all the raining today it's probably ruined by water, so is the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mmmull

Sorry about your drone, kave2.

Do you upload the drone footage to the web somewhere?

mmmull wrote: »
    Sorry about your drone, kave2.

Do you upload the drone footage to the web somewhere?

You tube

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mmmull

You tube
    I was hoping for a link :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

He's as elusive as his drone :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Hehe. Here you go. I know, not great, only my second video ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Do ya reckon it's definitely weather-damaged? Is there any chance someone found it soon after and tried to sell it on or anything?

Do ya reckon it's definitely weather-damaged? Is there any chance someone found it soon after and tried to sell it on or anything?

Depends when they found it. It didn't rain for 3-4 days when it happened. I lost all the hope anyway. Maybe someone kept it just for the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Can it be used by someone else if you have the control thingy?

• Advertisement

Can it be used by someone else if you have the control thingy?

Yep, you can buy the controller for 30e.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

I would have assumed that Drones would have had some sort of GPS attached to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nah, the basic models don't. You need to splash the cash if you want gps/camers/chainsaw/whatnot

Also, if it's on the main battery it'll stop working when the battery dies.

Sofa King wrote: »
    I would have assumed that Drones would have had some sort of GPS attached to them.

Mine did have GPS, but for some reason drone malfunctioned and didn't return home. The GPS is used just for RTH and obviously flying, there is no tracking for user in case it goes down. Many people are using GPS trackers with it's own battery especially on the more expensive ones.

Advertisement