Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gap in car insurance

• 31-03-2016 7:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭

My wife's car insurance is up on the 10th April
    She is in the process of changing car but unlikely to have new car until the following week
    So we have 2 options ?
    1. Insure in old car and switch over after a week or 2 . But then we are tied to that particular I suave company who may not be the most competitive for the new car
    2. She could let her insurance lapse and get a lift to and from work of its only for a few days / a week. But will this adversely affect insurance in any way by having a gap ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You can have a gap up to two years and keep your NCB so option 2 is your best bet I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

Nody wrote: »
    You can have a gap up to two years and keep your NCB so option 2 is your best bet I'd say.

Thanks it is the NCB I'm worried about

Advertisement