Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I publicly share footage of my house?

Options
  • 31-03-2016 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if I am posting in the wrong place. I also posted in the legal forum before I found this section so if I have been naughty, please delete whichever is wrong.

I have cctv cameras installed 3 months ago. Today I recorded footage of the man who collects my pets while we are on holiday. He was mistreating the animals.

I want to get this footage onto Facebook so that people can be aware of who they are trusting their animals to but I'm not sure if I can do so. There is no sign at the house stating that cameras are in use, but I have been led to believe that this is not a requirement.

However I do not want to be sued for slander or something of the sort if I upload it online.

Any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I wouldn't advise it.
    Have you approached him on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

KoolKid wrote: »
    I wouldn't advise it.
    Have you approached him on it?

I'm currently sitting outside his house but he's not in. First and foremost I just want my pets back safe and sound.

I have no intention of getting into a dispute or an argument.

Why wouldn't you advise it if you don't mind me asking?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm not giving legal information or advise obviousally.
    Just my own view.
    I think people are way too quick to put stuff like this up on FB. Some have foundation some have not. Not saying your information doesn't but once its out there there is no going back.

Fair enough. Trust me, I have foundation.

Currently I'm just worried for my pets safety. I've been sat at his house for over 2 hours and no sign of him. I'm assuming my pets are inside but he won't take any calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

can you give us a rough idea of the mistreatment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Report him to the spca and give them the video evidence. Let them deal with him, or you could be the one that ends up in court

He had to lift my cats from a room off the garage and put them in the van.

Rather than lifting them, or using the carry boxes provided, he tied a rope around each of their necks, dragged them to the van and swung them through the air into the van using the rope.

Now he has disappeared and I have no idea where my pets are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

ok I think you are 100% right .
    lots of times animal lovers overreact to very minor or non existent ' cruelty'

ok I think you are 100% right .
    lots of times animal lovers overreact to very minor or non existent ' cruelty'

I know what you mean. Little fido only got 1 biscuit instead of 2. Call the Guards!

No this was shocking. One cat after the other, hoisted into the van on a noose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

deco nate wrote: »
    Report him to the spca and give them the video evidence. Let them deal with him, or you could be the one that ends up in court

OP you are correct that this guy did wrong, best to stay on the right side of the law here and give the footage to the ISPCA.
    The law is a funny thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

Did you get your pets back safely DrphilG. Hope so. How did it go with the ISPCA?

Advertisement