Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plc and Automation

Options
  • 31-03-2016 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi SWIM,

I just completed an electrical apprenticeship late last year and am thinking about furthering my training and doing electrical engineering. My aim is to become more involved with plcs and automation (as I enjoyed and was good at this part of phase 6).

Would swim have advice on a more specific course I can do that just deals with plcs and automation ?. Or will I have to do the 3-4 years in college first to get a course that's half decent and stands to me.

Thanks Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'm sorry, but I have to ask - what's SWIM?

In regards courses, have a look at Institutes of Technology, particularly mechatronics courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Qmoney

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I have to ask - what's SWIM?

SWIM is Someone Who Isnt Me. I'm just being lazy 😂

I've looked at a few courses and they have a very broad subject matter. They only touch on PLCs as far as I can see. Thanks though I'll keep looking

Advertisement