Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not used to bad work practice/management . Is this normal? If not what to do

Options
  • 31-03-2016 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I work in a business outsourcer which has multiple clients/accounts. Each account naturally has different staff/management/direct reports etc. I recently moved from 1 account to another and can't believe how badly the operation is managed and run. I'm not sure is it standard or have I've been blessed by having good work colleagues in my previous accounts.

In my current account the mid level management of agents/advisors haven't had a schedule to follow since Jan -16 . There has been additions to the mid management group due to ramp up/increase in activity but no schedules to follow. This is turns means people are asked on a Friday 'by any chance can you work this weekend and we will give u a day off next week etc' it's causes for reporting on performance at the end of day because people just come in early and the good guys will get caught to work the lates

I find the higher management(operations) have a pass the book mentality which is as frustrating as hell. Any duty/task that mid level ask of is directed away from them and passed on of we are responded we 'sure that's not my problem'

Communication is terrible and this is what gets me the most . Each team within the account has had over 20 members added in about 3 weeks (about 7 a week) and mid level management each week had no idea new people are being hired for there teams.

The attitude of the agents is terrible(of some) their is an heir of entitlement and 'I want days off here and there ' 'I'm not coming in tomorrow because of X or Y and you need to sort it etc'
    The level of absence with new hires is appalling but the good managers are documenting everything and ensuring they go down the disciplinary route

The company had a dress code (professional Nd smart casual) but because the mid level and operations are laid back its not really adhered to but for the odd email to all staff which is just a joke .

Overall i know I am ranting and I could go on but I came from another business that had good staff at ground level, respective of their managers,hardworking all around and good organisation and planning in opinion.

Have you ever worked in an business like the above? How did you handle it? Am I being over the top here? Overall the performances of the account is good and we deliver for the client but the running of it is appalling

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yup, behaviour differed based on teams on different accounts just as you describe.

Advertisement