Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Finale | Last Day On Earth [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I liked it, a very tense & stressful episode especially near the end. Loved how Negans group messed around with them so much, added a bit of a horror genre element to the episode.

There's a fabulous mystery around how they knew to wait for them , and sent them on a wild goose chase until they got to 'where they were going'

I think it would be very interesting if Rick or Coral was the one beat to death. Rick because it would give Coral a chance to step up , and he did allude to protecting the group in this episode. Coral because , realistically he's aging wayyyyy to quickly for the show timeline!

I don't agree with what was said on the Talking Dead about how negan and Rick are two sides of the same coin. Yes, ricks group murdered Negans in their sleep, but it would have been stupid of them not to eliminate a known threat at this stage, instead of laying in wait. Negan and his group are clearly psychos, they sleep with pictures of people they murder on their walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I liked it, a very tense & stressful episode especially near the end. Loved how Negans group messed around with them so much, added a bit of a horror genre element to the episode.

There's a fabulous mystery around how they knew to wait for them , and sent them on a wild goose chase until they got to 'where they were going'

I think it would be very interesting if Rick or Coral was the one beat to death. Rick because it would give Coral a chance to step up , and he did allude to protecting the group in this episode. Coral because , realistically he's aging wayyyyy to quickly for the show timeline!

I don't agree with what was said on the Talking Dead about how negan and Rick are two sides of the same coin. Yes, ricks group murdered Negans in their sleep, but it would have been stupid of them not to eliminate a known threat at this stage, instead of laying in wait. Negan and his group are clearly psychos, they sleep with pictures of people they murder on their walls.

I agree with everything.......but that ending was soul destroying for me!! It is funny how 30 seconds could destroy a whole season for me!! (And a decent enough season despite some peoples howling)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

This is what it should of been, right in front of the groups eyes with Negan walking away smirking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Since the mid season break this has been the most I've enjoyed TWD however that ending has to be the worst off the entire series. I was expecting a more brutal Herschel type moment which would have left people devastated. It was so weak in the last few mins. A generous 4 out of 10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Unearthly

A complete let down.

• Advertisement

This is the comic book scene for those that are interested. It would need to be toned down of course but it would have been an epic, emotional, gloriously iconic ending to a season which had so many infamous and questionable plot arcs.
    It was the payoff we all hoped it would be

I'll put the link in and not the actual image so as that those who want to avoid comic material don't see it.

http://media.comicbook.com/2015/10/twdneganglennbffs-156650.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I agree with everything.......but that ending was soul destroying for me!! It is funny how 30 seconds could destroy a whole season for me!! (And a decent enough season despite some peoples howling)

Pretty much how I feel. I still can't believe they've done this. It was cheap and it felt like we were all cheated just so they can start some big 'Who Got Killed?' campaign and build it up, all at the expense of a horrible but emotionally satisfying climax. Like what we got with Sophia and Hershel, as someone said earlier.

They are being savaged online by fans and critics, and rightly so. It was a gimmick and hearing about the love-in on TTD just pisses me off.

But there is something odd about this, things are not adding up here. We all read those quotes from a few weeks ago when Andrew Lincoln said he was sickened and appalled after he read the script. That points to a properly played out scene, where viewers see how it pans out.

By saying that surely he would have known who was killed off, so does that mean they cut the last bit out? Did someone say 'guys, how about we save the reveal for when the show returns and people will be wondering and guessing all summer and it will make us look clever and smart' when actually all it did was turn it into something of a mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

This is the comic book scene for those that are interested. It would need to be toned down of course but it would have been an epic, emotional, gloriously iconic ending to a season which had so many infamous and questionable plot arcs.
    It was the payoff we all hoped it would be

I'll put the link in and not the actual image so as that those who want to avoid comic material don't see it.

http://media.comicbook.com/2015/10/twdneganglennbffs-156650.jpg
    I might just photoshop Glen's face smashed in to make myself feel better :D

TO TRY and inject a bit of positivity.................that scene with Eugene and Abraham (and then Eugene and Rick) and the score playing in the background.............glorious. Genuinely had a lump in my throat. I thought that was Eugene's last moment,

It was very Lost like.

Bravo to the musical directors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Re above.

Cosidering he said "hes taking it like a champ!" it "probably".... not Michonne!!
    Negan says; look at that, taking it like a champ. in the comic he says
    he's taking it like a champ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

TO TRY and inject a bit of positivity.................that scene with Eugene and Abraham (and then Eugene and Rick) and the score playing in the background.............glorious. Genuinely had a lump in my throat. I thought that was Eugene's last moment,

It was very Lost like.

Great scene, but I didn't like how just a few minutes later Eugene was captured off screen.

They built up what Eugene was doing as significant even if detrimental to his own life. The way they executed it however was an anti climax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

But there is something odd about this, things are not adding up here. We all read those quotes from a few weeks ago when Andrew Lincoln said he was sickened and appalled after he read the script.

Good point. Surely the scene with lucille would have been no surprise to him as anyone who's heard of the comics has heard of it. It would seem he was saying that to drum up some tension maybe. I did think I heard ricks voice shout something about Carl during the battering though, but it was hard to make out.

Tbh I was just relieved that they went as far as showing someone got killed and not closing the credits at Negan saying 'moe' to someone, leaving us wonder will there be an unlikely rescue in the next episode.

Tigger wrote: »
    Negan says; look at that, taking it like a champ. in the comic he says
    he's taking it like a champ

my apologies, just looked again! I still don't envisage its Michonne though. She had such a quiet season and there is soooooo much more for her character in the future seasons and it would be a shame to destroy that.

Then again....... Scott Gimple has a tendency to destroy......

It was very Lost like.

giphy.gif

I watched the last couple of minutes again, very closely, to see if there was even the tiniest clue as to who got it but I didn't spot anything.

As Negan landed the blows I turned it up and all you can hear is muffled screams from the others. Each whack gets louder and the last one is an absolute belter...the sound of a skull cracking. I'll tip my hat to them on that because the sense of terror had reached frenzied levels, it was bone-curdling stuff. And then they whip the rug straight from under our feet.

I don't think we've ever seen Rick look as utterly terrified as he was in those last moments. Mouth hanging open, totally aware that he had led them into this nightmare. If the scene had played out to its natural conclusion this thread would have a very different look to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

smash wrote: »
    They'll say that to generate talk around it. Realistically they haven't decided who they're going to kill yet:

and I call bull**** that they havn't decided, I mean somebody could die by the time they go to shoot it and they'd have to change it but they know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

better than last week's but that whole cliffhanger formula is getting really dry, they could just as easily showed who got turned to pulp and left everyone to wonder wtf til october.

I watched the last couple of minutes again, very closely, to see if there was even the tiniest clue as to who got it but I didn't spot anything.

As Negan landed the blows I turned it up and all you can hear is muffled screams from the others. Each whack gets louder and the last one is an absolute belter...the sound of a skull cracking. I'll tip my hat to them on that because the sense of terror had reached frenzied levels, it was bone-curdling stuff. And then they whip the rug straight from under our feet.

I don't think we've ever seen Rick look as utterly terrified as he was in those last moments. Mouth hanging open, totally aware that he had led them into this nightmare. If the scene had played out to its natural conclusion this thread would have a very different look to it.

The audio that was released online, exact same scene, was much much more dramatic in the ending. It seemed like they cut the last couple of secons off and toned down the screaming. It was very underwhelming.

As I said earlier think back to Sofia, Herschel, Beth, Andrea, Deanna, Noah, Andreas sister, Lori (actually screw Lori!!) even Daryl finishing off Merle.

All hugely great scenes with massive emotion. Fans love that and rightly so.

Its proper tv without any gimmicky "whodunnit" or "what happens next" bullsh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

and I call bull**** that they havn't decided, I mean somebody could die by the time they go to shoot it and they'd have to change it but they know.

They've really screwed themselves over on this one. If in 6 months we find out it was Glenn then there'll be "6 months to find out what we already suspected". If not it'll be "Glenn miraculously escapes again". So I still think there'll be two dead when we return.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

Motherfcuker!!! Feared it but had to see it with my own eyes

One massive positive for me - was the acting by Andrew Lincoln (Rick)
    Just seeing on his face the realisation that he is now a small fish in a big pond

The last few episodes contained some very cocky comments in terms of the groups ability to survive as well as to take what they need from others - "there's nothing we can't do together"

Nope they have well and truly met their match!

If Rick survives this (which I think he will) I think we will see a broken version of Rick - just hopefully not for as long as the last time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

It was very Lost like.

and you think thats a good thing?

and you think thats a good thing?

The Lost score (music) was amazing, so yeah. Probably the best thing about Lost.

Michael Giacchino is a legend.

Listen to this and tell me it isn't beautiful stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Yeah, utter crap tbh. Whether they do or don't know yet who's dead is irrelevant. What's important is the viewer wants to know. The mystery of who died is worthless. There'll be no relief in 6 months time, nor will there be rejoice. It'll just be "Oh, _______ is dead? I forgot about that whole death scene... Ah well." The only way that scene could've had a satisfying impact would have been to show the death/body. A brutal murder needs its payoff straight away. When you build up to that moment and then don't bother to finish it, it's just gonna leave the audience dissatisfied, no matter how it eventually concludes. Boo.

Do you know what, I will!! Ha!

ah, no, I never thought Id be put in a position to ever rate an episode under 5. But that last 30 seconds drove me to give it a two. Only because of that bsh1t at the end!

Mr Nice Guy is going to have a field day Id say!!!!

He's usually here by now isn't he?? I have to laugh cos I got all defensive with him after a post a few episodes back where he said they were afraid to kill a major character off. Knowing what was to come (or so I thought!) I was like 'ah just let the story play itself out and you might change your mind then'... Little did I know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I enjoyed the episode but I think the ending was a bit of a cop out

He's usually here by now isn't he?? I have to laugh cos I got all defensive with him after a post a few episodes back where he said they were afraid to kill a major character off. Knowing what was to come (or so I thought!) I was like 'ah just let the story play itself out and you might change your mind then'... Little did I know :pac:

He well deserves a rant tonight!! Maybe we were all wrong all the time !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

stuchyg wrote: »
    Trevor!!!

I swear that was him, it must be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

thought that was the best finale they done so far loved it real tense ****, loved negan recently read up to him in the comics was wonder if they could pull it off did a pretty good job, bit annoyed with the cliff hanger kind of a lame ass move to pull after the glen debacle earlier in the season but over all loved it ! Actually looking forward to next season which was not some thing i said over the last 2 seasons endings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Have to say i really enjoyed it. Yea the ending was a cop out but it was exactly what i expected, I suspect it was Abraham that became the human pinata because of the "taking it like a champ" line. The build up of tension to the final scene was brilliant, Rick's look of despair and helplessness as he was kneeling added to it.
    Also great to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan joining the cast, excellent actor. My biggest disappointment for the whole season was the lack of bicycles..I'm fed up with them walking or running a marathon everywhere when they run out of petrol or have to ditch a car. Just put a bike rack on the car/van and then cycle home :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I have to laugh at people saying "the cliffhanger was lame but I expected it so oh well" Is that really what it's come too? We expect cheap cop outs so it's ok when it happens. Talk about lowering your standards.

I was loving every minute of Negan, Jeffrey Dean Morgan was brilliant and we really needed the payoff of an emotional death. But it was all completely lost.

It's not just the fact that it's a cheap , annoying cliffhanger. It's also that we've been robbed of an intense highly charged emotional moment. If we had actually seen the death and saw the other reactions it would have been a huge moment. No matter what they start with next season that moment is gone :(

It just feels cheap and contrived.

Advertisement