Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Finale | Last Day On Earth [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Liked it, sorry.

Sorry.

That whole final scene was a cracker. (badum tish)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Meeh, that ending was a cheap gimmick. I can understand why they pull that stunt in a mid-season finale but that was just a cop out.

If I had to pick someone I'd go with Eugene, he finally manned up a bit this season (especially in the last episode) so maybe t hey were just getting him ready to die with a bit of dignity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

What did I say? All I said was I don't care who they kill, just don't leave it on a cliff-hanger. I really thought they wouldn't. So cheap.

I gave the ep twice as many points as I should of. Can I change my vote?

Remember last week everyone was ragging on that guy for being negative? :)

Before the end, it was my least favourite episode all season - way too much tension and doom, every word feeling like a goodbye. Just relentless. Then when it happened: the big entrance - What a let-down - he just looks like an ugly Robert Downey Jr (without quite pulling off the irreverence). As for cutting to credits -what a load of bolx. As if someone would be even remotely conscious after the second pop. I don't even care who it was got it. Worst episode ever.

I voted 2/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Have to say i really enjoyed it. Yea the ending was a cop out but it was exactly what i expected, I suspect it was Abraham that became the human pinata because of the "taking it like a champ" line. The build up of tension to the final scene was brilliant, Rick's look of despair and helplessness as he was kneeling added to it.
    Also great to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan joining the cast, excellent actor. My biggest disappointment for the whole season was the lack of bicycles..I'm fed up with them walking or running a marathon everywhere when they run out of petrol or have to ditch a car. Just put a bike rack on the car/van and then cycle home :D
    there was a apocalypse show years ago called survivors and they cycled everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Then when it happened: the big entrance - What a let-down - he just looks like an ugly Robert Downey Jr (without quite pulling off the irreverence).

I was like, OMG it's Freddie Mercury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Tigger wrote: »
    there was a apocalypse show years ago called survivors and they cycled everywhere

I remember watching the remake of that, never did finish it. Must go back to it. They are gonna have to do something when all the petrol goes bad, if it lasts that long. I dunno if the comic books have covered it i haven't read them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Mr E wrote: »
    Liked it, sorry.

Sorry.

That whole final scene was a cracker. (badum tish)

I thought it was a swing and a miss, myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

This show seems to be missing scenes in a big way..

Daryl getting shot.. forgotten about
    Eugene driving off a hero.. forgotten about
    The Wolves..

While plenty of time to show
    1. an RV driving around
    2. Morgan giving speeches
    3. Light through a door over and over..

Filler episode as a series finale.. Boring. 1/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ruby30

maybe if they'd cut 5 minutes off Neegans excruciatingly long speech they'd have had enough time to let us see who he battered....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

To quote Negan, that was not ****ing cool.

I was enjoying it up to the last 20 seconds. Despite being a bit uneventful, I thought the way they ratcheted up the tension was great. And that Abe/Eugene bromance scene was excellent.

The way they built up to Lucille was almost unbearably tense, even for a comic reader who knew what was coming. I can't believe they left us with that absolute cop out ending. Not only that, but it genuinely looked like one of the cheapest things I've ever seen on the show. Did anybody really think that the blood dripping down the camera in the first person looked good?

When I read the corresponding scene in the comics I had to put the book down - I don't think I'd ever felt so much anger towards a fictional character. Right now, I only feel angry with the writing and production crew.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Oh come on! It had to be either Abe or his new missus seeing as they just had the chat about making babies! And considering Abe was on for babies AND he had a bromantic moment with Eugene, my money is on it being him.

Did no one have a knife that they could have just leaped up and taken Negans throat out? So what if it meant certain death and chaos!

I half expected Morgan (using the most ridiculous form of transport possible in the zombie apocalypse, a goddam horse, large dinner platter plus noisy clip clopping!) to dance in, swinging his ninja stick all Grasshopper like.

Personally I would have preferred if Negan had made Rick chose who was gonna take the beating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Scott Gimple is getting an awful reaction from viewers. Even seems to have suspended his twitter account. Not surprised. Having seen him on The Talking Dead last night and read this interview the man really is coming across as a patronising (insert appropriate explicit term of your choosing) .

Just accept you messed up mate and show a bit of respect to the 90% of viewers who were vastly underwhelmed and even angry!

"Oh, the fans are so smart", oh "the fans will be so happy in 6 months", "oh, it was all part of the plan", "oh we are just trying to give the audience an experience"

Mate, you messed up one of the most iconic scenes in THe Walking Dead. Get over yourself and stop with the wishy washy patronising excuses.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-walking-dead-showrunner-interview-scott-gimple-season-6-finale-spoilers-1201745020/

Gimples deserves all the guff he gets.

Also, Negan doesn't kill women.

Wish I'd said "Swing and a miss." Thought of it after I'd posted then BAM I come back to edit and someone's had it.

Curse you delayed reactions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

All it needed was an about extra 30 seconds. Looks on the faces of the others and the shot of who died. Fair enough they might not have been able to show the actual beating properly, but just the reactions and who it was, and this episode goes from a 1 to a 7.

Whilst it was a little bit boring in the middle, the last few minutes with Negan were great, and it was building up the tension quite nicely throughout. Just wasted it all then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

bastards ruined it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Robsweezie wrote: »
    kill herself like the comics?.

Are you ****ing serious? What the **** is wrong with you?

One saving grace of the ep: some dudes show up in armour. I'm like FINALLY SOMEONE SUITS UP IN ARMOUR! Sheesh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

baza Rakus wrote: »
    One saving grace of the ep: some dudes show up in armour. I'm like FINALLY SOMEONE SUITS UP IN ARMOUR! Sheesh

Aw man, hate to burst your bubble but those hockey pads would barely protect shít! :D

smash wrote: »
    Aw man, hate to burst your bubble but those hockey pads would barely protect shít! :D

I'd still have them over Darryl's sleeveless leather jacket against a walker's gnashers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Ultra Cheap. It doesn't deserve anything more descriptive.

• Advertisement

Close call on the poll. Right now only 49% gave it above a 5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

A lot more people have read the comics than I thought based the reaction here. I thought it was a very good episode myself in my innocent tv fan position :pac:

Oh and Trevor!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Are you ****ing serious? What the **** is wrong with you?

I wouldn't worry about that spoiler to much, Carol is nothing like the comic version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That was it? That was it?! All of the build up? For that?

We begin with Coral’s awful acting with Enid and then for some bizarre reason he locks her in the closet. 'Just survive somehow’. Jeez, thanks for that, mate. I was hoping to go to the loo, though. What a catch.

Some of the verbiage on display was atrocious. I thought Gabriel was about to reveal his secret that he is really an androidjudging by some of his dialogue. ‘I will not fail you.’ Who talks like this? I. Will. Not. Fail. You. Master. I. Must. Not. Break. Prime. Directive.

Oh we're driving now. Oh we've stopped. Oh we're driving now. Oh we've stopped. Oh wait, we're driving again. Jeez I'd really hate if this time our progress were to be interrupt-oh we've stopped again.

Such hokey dialogue too. 'Be kind to each other', 'it could be your last day'. Yeah we get it writers you're going to bump someone off (or so we thought).

Then it's over to weepy Rambo and sensitive Sensei in a contest to determine who has had the silliest character arc. Rambo pulls the gun on him even though he was trying to help which doesn't make sense but then none of this does.

Another stoppage where this time a guy is shooting into the air which would surely attract walkers leading to a lot of ammo being used and to what end? And how can Morgan ride a horse? Isn’t he a dad from a suburban area? Pretty sure most of them can’t ride horses. Then again he seems to be qualified in treating wounds too. Ah who cares.

As this episode wore on it became more and more farcical the hassle that was being taken to mess with Rick’s group. We have a scene where Rick's group are fired upon without any damage to them and if the idea was that they didn’t want to damage them then why waste the ammo, why risk damaging them at all, why only do it here and not say at any of the other zillion places they were stopped?

On to the scene that caused me to deduct several marks off the score. Guy has Rambo seemingly ready to be killed off. 'Finish her' I shouted, 'save the show!' But noooooooo. We have to conveniently shoot her in non-fatal places and then taunt her like a damn Bond villain. Of course Morgan shows up in time and then some Power Ranges to cement the Deus Ex Machina device. This sucked. Same old story of untouchable characters being protected.

The scene with the soppy music for Eugene's exit was OTT. Was this suppsed to be an emotional moment? Well, I wept. I cried thinking how this show used to be good and now it's more rotten than the average walker. This music was so melodramatic I was half expecting Eugene to give birth.

The whistling was so unbelievable I thought they had wandered into an owl sanctuary and I half-hoped Alan Partridge would be there. The X-Files like music in the background didn't help the atmosphere.

The big bad baddie that we've been hearing about - y'know, the guy who lost like 57 of his men and got absolutely NO fatalities on Rick's Commando unit - well we get to see him at last and...he's...a bargain basement Robert Downey Jr basically with similar mannerisms. The guy who led those bikers that Daryl met was way more intimidating than this guy who looks like he could have dated Ally McBeal on a different show.

His verbiage as well...bloody hell. 'Not cool, man.' Great we have a character who speaks like he's from The OC. He says he's representing the New World Order but Hulk Hogan was way more intimidating, brother. Or should I say, 'man'. Nice of him to admit that he invested so much to get the group and his group were made to look like GEEKS which they were. At least that was honest.

It was a 1/10 at this stage and I was waiting to see if the final scene could bump it up a few marks. And then...

That ending. Wow. After all that. After all the driving. And stopping. And driving. And stopping. And driving. Did I mention stopping? And bad dialogue. And unbelievable character motivations. And the underwhelming villain. And the underwhelming villain telling us he would kill one of them. And telling us again. And again. And again. After all that we find out that the person bumped off is....*drumroll please*....it's...SEE YOU NEXT SEASON, FOLKS!

Are you actually f*cking sh*tting me? After all that trash to sit through?

Honestly I'd have given this zero if I could. Total disaster of an episode. Thumbs way, way, way down. Maaaaan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

He is here!!!!!!!

raw

I feel that TTD have really mocked the intelligence of the audience by stating "it's not about who gets killed" and that the episode was only about Rick's downfall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

While the end was very disappointing I enjoyed the episode overall.

It was a nice build up as Rick slowly but surely realised just what he had gotten the group into, it was a slow burning, tense build, the scene with Negan itself was very well executed but not having a reveal was a massive cop out and as someone said on the previous page the potential impact of potentially a main character meeting a grisly end is completely wasted. Unless season 7 picks up just before Negan starts swinging (and we get fast forwarded) I will be sorely disappointed.

That was it? That was it?! All of the build up? For that?

We begin with Coral’s awful acting with Enid and then for some bizarre reason he locks her in the closet. 'Just survive somehow’. Jeez, thanks for that, mate. I was hoping to go to the loo, though. What a catch.

Some of the verbiage on display was atrocious. I thought Gabriel was about to reveal his secret that he is really an androidjudging by some of his dialogue. ‘I will not fail you.’ Who talks like this? I. Will. Not. Fail. You. Master. I. Must. Not. Break. Prime. Directive.

Oh we're driving now. Oh we've stopped. Oh we're driving now. Oh we've stopped. Oh wait, we're driving again. Jeez I'd really hate if this time our progress were to be interrupt-oh we've stopped again.

Such hokey dialogue too. 'Be kind to each other', 'it could be your last day'. Yeah we get it writers you're going to bump someone off (or so we thought).

Then it's over to weepy Rambo and sensitive Sensei in a contest to determine who has had the silliest character arc. Rambo pulls the gun on him even though he was trying to help which doesn't make sense but then none of this does.

Another stoppage where this time a guy is shooting into the air which would surely attract walkers leading to a lot of ammo being used and to what end? And how can Morgan ride a horse? Isn’t he a dad from a suburban area? Pretty sure most of them can’t ride horses. Then again he seems to be qualified in treating wounds too. Ah who cares.

As this episode wore on it became more and more farcical the hassle that was being taken to mess with Rick’s group. We have a scene where Rick's group are fired upon without any damage to them and if the idea was that they didn’t want to damage them then why waste the ammo, why risk damaging them at all, why only do it here and not say at any of the other zillion places they were stopped?

On to the scene that caused me to deduct several marks off the score. Guy has Rambo seemingly ready to be killed off. 'Finish her' I shouted, 'save the show!' But noooooooo. We have to conveniently shoot her in non-fatal places and then taunt her like a damn Bond villain. Of course Morgan shows up in time and then some Power Ranges to cement the Deus Ex Machina device. This sucked. Same old story of untouchable characters being protected.

The scene with the soppy music for Eugene's exit was OTT. Was this suppsed to be an emotional moment? Well, I wept. I cried thinking how this show used to be good and now it's more rotten than the average walker. This music was so melodramatic I was half expecting Eugene to give birth.

The whistling was so unbelievable I thought they had wandered into an owl sanctuary and I half-hoped Alan Partridge would be there. The X-Files like music in the background didn't help the atmosphere.

The big bad baddie that we've been hearing about - y'know, the guy who lost like 57 of his men and got absolutely NO fatalities on Rick's Commando unit - well we get to see him at last and...he's...a bargain basement Robert Downey Jr basically with similar mannerisms. The guy who led those bikers that Daryl met was way more intimidating than this guy who looks like he could have dated Ally McBeal on a different show.

His verbiage as well...bloody hell. 'Not cool, man.' Great we have a character who speaks like he's from The OC. He says he's representing the New World Order but Hulk Hogan was way more intimidating, brother. Or should I say, 'man'. Nice of him to admit that he invested so much to get the group and his group were made to look like GEEKS which they were. At least that was honest.

It was a 1/10 at this stage and I was waiting to see if the final scene could bump it up a few marks. And then...

That ending. Wow. After all that. After all the driving. And stopping. And driving. And stopping. And driving. Did I mention stopping? And bad dialogue. And unbelievable character motivations. And the underwhelming villain. And the underwhelming villain telling us he would kill one of them. And telling us again. And again. And again. After all that we find out that the person bumped off is....*drumroll please*....it's...SEE YOU NEXT SEASON, FOLKS!

Are you actually f*cking sh*tting me? After all that trash to sit through?

Honestly I'd have given this zero if I could. Total disaster of an episode. Thumbs way, way, way down. Maaaaan.

Quit beating around the bush. Tell us what you REALLY tink!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Scott Gimple is getting an awful reaction from viewers. Even seems to have suspended his twitter account. Not surprised. Having seen him on The Talking Dead last night and read this interview the man really is coming across as a patronising (insert appropriate explicit term of your choosing) .

Just accept you messed up mate and show a bit of respect to the 90% of viewers who were vastly underwhelmed and even angry!

"Oh, the fans are so smart", oh "the fans will be so happy in 6 months", "oh, it was all part of the plan", "oh we are just trying to give the audience an experience"

Mate, you messed up one of the most iconic scenes in THe Walking Dead. Get over yourself and stop with the wishy washy patronising excuses.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-walking-dead-showrunner-interview-scott-gimple-season-6-finale-spoilers-1201745020/

Kirkman has to take the blame too. I'm not sure how much of a say he has in the TV show but he must have had a big say in this. How could he not have foreseen the negative reaction?

I'm wondering about when the series gets released on DVD and would they have some kind of extended cut which shows more? But even if it did it would be meaningless in the context of what just happened. I wouldn't put it past them to do that and then they could turn around say 'well we couldn't show this on TV but here's one for the hardcore fans' or some bullsh1t like that.

I've never seen this much of a negative reaction to a big finale on any TV show that I can remember.

• Advertisement

Unless season 7 picks up just before Negan starts swinging (and we get fast forwarded) I will be sorely disappointed.

They're going to have to if they want to gain any credibility back with the majority of the audience. At this stage with the current publicity, if I was the producer I'd be trying to get the cast together for a one off between-series-episode and close the big fcuking hole I'd left.

Advertisement