Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Finale | Last Day On Earth [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

The only redeeming thing I can think of is that at least I watched it without ad breaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

baza Rakus wrote: »
    One saving grace of the ep: some dudes show up in armour. I'm like FINALLY SOMEONE SUITS UP IN ARMOUR! Sheesh

were glenn and maggie not in armour all through the jail arc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Another lame episode in a season that's been downhill all the way......tho I was impressed by Negan and his speech, a proper actor in this series is few and far between

I don't see the big mystery in who got their head bashed in.....it was Abraham, Eugene or the dark haired fella whose name escapes me

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Another lame episode in a season that's been downhill all the way......tho I was impressed by Negan and his speech, a proper actor in this series is few and far between

I don't see the big mystery in who got their head bashed in.....it was Abraham, Eugene or the dark haired fella whose name escapes me
    Glenn ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Also, Negan doesn't kill women.

I didn't realise he said that, must go back and watch it again.

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    Glenn ?

No the gay bloke who brought them to Alexandria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

No the gay bloke who brought them to Alexandria

Aaron

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Aaron

That's the one, makes total sense to have been one of those 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Oh no they killed the cameraman at the end! He was my favourite of the group- all silent and broody-like.

Seriously I've had family car trips that had more tension of the episode. I just believed that non-one could be killed of that group and even now that twist ending is p!ssing me off no end. TWD will never change- just so uneven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Tigger wrote: »
    were glenn and maggie not in armour all through the jail arc?

They were, but I mean wearing some kind of armour all the time, even if it's using bloody masking tape on your forearms at all times, not leaving flesh uncovred, wearing layres I mean don't make it easy for the brainded flesh munching hippies!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I've never read the comics but over time from reading online I was familiar with the storyline and knew what to expect. I was completely dumbfounded by that ending tonight, there was zero impact and when it faded to black the only question I had was - 'F***ing what?'... Shocking, and it's hard to believe that anyone working in the TV industry in as high profile a show could make such a fundamental mistake. Talk about missing an open goal.

Far from my only criticism of the show this season. I find myself scratching my head at the tactical naivety of a guy like Rick, a man who has lead our canny survivors this far is supposed to make better decisions than he is currently. Bailing everyone into the same camper van with a single exit? No plan B? Going understrength? Walking in a group down roads? How many roadblocks did it take for him to figure out what was going on? Any reasonable person would not have forged on in those circumstances, Maggie or not, if there was ever a time to pull back and reassess, well Rick any of those three would have done.

Never mind the the miraculous turn of events that has led to the saviours capturing literally every main cast member? Sorry, I'm not buying something as contrived. Also, this new outfit, just how badly managed was that? I'm guessing now that that lad who was let go earlier in the season might actually turn out to be important? That in itself needed at least one more scene tonight, or at least another hint earlier in the season. Awful storytelling, not to mention they laid it on thick with the fake-out foreshadowing tonight, I lost count. What happened to Jesus too? A cool character unused and the bizarre decision to hint that Gabe is turning into a badass? Unless of course that's another fake out to highlight just how bad Rick's decision making has become and his folly in being too quick to resort to war against an enemy he knew absolutely nothing about.

..ugh..

One more thing. Negen was great, great bit of casting and I immediately got the whole 'likeability' thing I've seen talked about.

Did anyone hear him say "Hi, I'm Negan" like he did in the trailer? I listened for it but missed it (mind you my heart was pumping like a rabbit on a bandsaw)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaisyD2

That entire episode was nothing but a Big Set Up for Season 7

(& beyond if I picked Kirkman up right on TTD)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

eh, no it doesn't. Apparently not even the actor involved knows they have been killed off. Definitely not Aaron, may be the other two but the two favourites are Glenn and Daryll. I;m not sure why you picked Aaron, his death wont cause too much of a stir.

eh, no it doesn't. Apparently not even the actor involved knows they have been killed off. Definitely not Aaron, may be the other two but the two favourites are Glenn and Daryll. I;m not sure why you picked Aaron, his death wont cause too much of a stir.

Chandler Riggs said he doesn't even know who bought it, and he read the script 6 months ago.

Also Robert Kirkman said on TTD that it was a "much beloved" character, so it's safe to say it ain't Aaron ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Personally I would have preferred if Negan had made Rick chose who was gonna take the beating.
    I thought that's where he was going when he turned around and said he had an idea, that Rick would have to choose someone or else Carl would get it.

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode, right up to the bull**** ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,210 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How the ending should've been done (Comic spoilers)

https://vimeo.com/161512646

AMC keep taking it down from Youtube, probably annoyed that someone threw together a much better ending in a matter of a few hours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I thought they would have to choose as a group who took the beating. The episode dragged on a little and the ending was complete bull****. Wasn't shocked or anything, just annoyed at the writers for doing that. It was a good half season until this episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Feck the ending, Steven Ogg stole the show. He should have been cast as Negan I think. I honestly dunno if i can can watch the prequel show starting back soon, bored the hole off me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I knew they would **** up the end of the season has this show ever had a season finally that didnt leave people gob smacked by its ****yness or bad writing i think maybe the end of s2 when they were heading to the prison was the only satisfying ending they had so far, watched it a second time and while i still think the episode as a whole was great the ending just pisses me of it's like they took the comedy rule or 3 and thought lets apply this to fake out deaths ahahaha coz ya know we suck. Anyone have a link to the talking dead show for this kk thnx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

On the plus side they didnt have to abandon a burning Alexandria. Usually when they've ben in a place too long it ends up on fire and they leave.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just finished and really enjoyed it. I felt a good bit of tension build as each stop they made looked like they could be jumped on at any stage. I kept checking ditches!

I feel the negative reviews are a little biased as they seem to be all comic book fans or at least people who have knowledge of the outcome. If you know the end scene is going to be the meet with Negan, then I would imagine you are looking forward to it from the outset. I on the other hand had no idea who/where/what would happen next.

Regarding the ending, how is your typical nuts and bolts cliffhanger a cop out? Someone got messed up, we didn't see who, tune in next season. Yes there would have been a sense of satisfaction of knowing who it was, but any other reveal would have closed off the storyline with a bloody bow. There has to be some guesswork going into the next season.

Re the above. The vast vast majority of viewers have not read the comics and the vast vast majority of comments, comic book fans or not have been negative re the ending so thats not a correct assumption. Type #thewalkingdead into twitter and you will see the level of anger by fans. As i said, its only a small % of viewers who are comic book readers.

On the plus side they didnt have to abandon a burning Alexandria. Usually when they've ben in a place too long it ends up on fire and they leave.

Who is Ben?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Feck the ending, Steven Ogg stole the show. He should have been cast as Negan I think. I honestly dunno if i can can watch the prequel show starting back soon, bored the hole off me.

Agreed, thought Steven Ogg was brilliant and would have preferred him as Negan myself. It has been awhile since I have read the comics but I was definitely past the point of meeting Negan in them, I think they really fecked up with that ending and missed a huge opportunity to leave us all gobsmacked going into next season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,245 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That was fúcking awful to be honest. Nothing really happened for 90% of the episode and the final scene was so drawn out and OTT and then they end it on a cliffhanger that nobody will care about in 6 months time. Bravo 2/10. I'm glad I've illegally downloaded every season of this show.

tony1980 wrote: »
    Agreed, thought Steven Ogg was brilliant and would have preferred him as Negan myself. It has been awhile since I have read the comics but I was definitely past the point of meeting Negan in them, I think they really fecked up with that ending and missed a huge opportunity to leave us all gobsmacked going into next season!

Nah JDM is excellent casting for the character if you know what type of personality he is from the comics.
    Stephen ogg doesn;t exude the charismatic appeal and the "hate to love" vibe Neagan's character is expected to have. He is the anthisesis of The Governor in that sense. There is expected to be a sadistic likeability about him for fans, even empathy.

The original favourites were John Hamm and Kevin Durand and there was also strong murmurings about Idris Elba for a time.

But they have got this spot on in my opinion. He isn't meant to be this hateful, evil, non emotionless psychopath. Ogg appears to be playing his head henchman and he will do a fine job at that I anticipate, just like the actor portraying Dwight is doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

delly wrote: »
    Regarding the ending, how is your typical nuts and bolts cliffhanger a cop out? Someone got messed up, we didn't see who, tune in next season. Yes there would have been a sense of satisfaction of knowing who it was, but any other reveal would have closed off the storyline with a bloody bow. There has to be some guesswork going into the next season.

I think it's more to with this being the 3rd time this season they have left viewers not knowing if some one was dead or not which is really ****ty. consider the last two were just fake outs.

• Advertisement

Nah JDM is excellent casting for the character if you know what type of personality he is from the comics.
    Stephen ogg doesn;t exude the charismatic appeal and the "hate to love" vibe Neagan's character is expected to have. He is the anthisesis of The Governor in that sense. There is expected to be a sadistic likeability about him for fans, even empathy.

The original favourites were John Hamm and Kevin Durand and there was also strong murmurings about Idris Elba for a time.

But they have got this spot on in my opinion. He isn't meant to be this hateful, evil, non emotionless psychopath. Ogg appears to be playing his head henchman and he will do a fine job at that I anticipate, just like the actor portraying Dwight is doing.
    It should be Henry Rollins
    Negan is based on Rollins like the killer was based on enimen

Advertisement