Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Finale | Last Day On Earth [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Tigger wrote: »
    It should be Henry Rollins
    Negan is based on Rollins like the killer was based on enimen

Aesthetically maybe a few years ago. Other than that he couldn't pull the personality off. Doubt he was interested to commit himself to a long term like this project at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

MadYaker wrote: »
    I'm glad I've illegally downloaded every season of this show.

#fcukthepolice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

God damn it, I was enjoying that season, before it went downhill. :(

Who was the mole? My money is on Eugene.
    I think that it's fair to say Rick and Carl are safe given the "if he moves, feed him his son's eye" comment.
    Can't do that if he's dead or Carl's eye is mush.

The constant roadblocks, was just boring, everything went against what we've seen the characters do to date. All the planning and strategy and they just devolved into walking into a crap situation.

As for Carol's flip from cold hard ass killer to "I can't kill for anyone". Been done with Rick, wasn't great the first time round. Added nothing to the story, except get Carol out of the camper van story arc.

There was no need to end on a cliffhanger, seeing Glenn / Daryl / Ab / Maggie get smashed would have been shocking enough.

As for the new hockey pads (mad max) gang...... meh.

The Rick and Michonne thing......no, just no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

That was it? That was it?! All of the build up? For that?

We begin with Coral’s awful acting with Enid and then for some bizarre reason he locks her in the closet. 'Just survive somehow’. Jeez, thanks for that, mate. I was hoping to go to the loo, though. What a catch.

Some of the verbiage on display was atrocious. I thought Gabriel was about to reveal his secret that he is really an androidjudging by some of his dialogue. ‘I will not fail you.’ Who talks like this? I. Will. Not. Fail. You. Master. I. Must. Not. Break. Prime. Directive.

Oh we're driving now. Oh we've stopped. Oh we're driving now. Oh we've stopped. Oh wait, we're driving again. Jeez I'd really hate if this time our progress were to be interrupt-oh we've stopped again.

Such hokey dialogue too. 'Be kind to each other', 'it could be your last day'. Yeah we get it writers you're going to bump someone off (or so we thought).

Then it's over to weepy Rambo and sensitive Sensei in a contest to determine who has had the silliest character arc. Rambo pulls the gun on him even though he was trying to help which doesn't make sense but then none of this does.

Another stoppage where this time a guy is shooting into the air which would surely attract walkers leading to a lot of ammo being used and to what end? And how can Morgan ride a horse? Isn’t he a dad from a suburban area? Pretty sure most of them can’t ride horses. Then again he seems to be qualified in treating wounds too. Ah who cares.

As this episode wore on it became more and more farcical the hassle that was being taken to mess with Rick’s group. We have a scene where Rick's group are fired upon without any damage to them and if the idea was that they didn’t want to damage them then why waste the ammo, why risk damaging them at all, why only do it here and not say at any of the other zillion places they were stopped?

On to the scene that caused me to deduct several marks off the score. Guy has Rambo seemingly ready to be killed off. 'Finish her' I shouted, 'save the show!' But noooooooo. We have to conveniently shoot her in non-fatal places and then taunt her like a damn Bond villain. Of course Morgan shows up in time and then some Power Ranges to cement the Deus Ex Machina device. This sucked. Same old story of untouchable characters being protected.

The scene with the soppy music for Eugene's exit was OTT. Was this suppsed to be an emotional moment? Well, I wept. I cried thinking how this show used to be good and now it's more rotten than the average walker. This music was so melodramatic I was half expecting Eugene to give birth.

The whistling was so unbelievable I thought they had wandered into an owl sanctuary and I half-hoped Alan Partridge would be there. The X-Files like music in the background didn't help the atmosphere.

The big bad baddie that we've been hearing about - y'know, the guy who lost like 57 of his men and got absolutely NO fatalities on Rick's Commando unit - well we get to see him at last and...he's...a bargain basement Robert Downey Jr basically with similar mannerisms. The guy who led those bikers that Daryl met was way more intimidating than this guy who looks like he could have dated Ally McBeal on a different show.

His verbiage as well...bloody hell. 'Not cool, man.' Great we have a character who speaks like he's from The OC. He says he's representing the New World Order but Hulk Hogan was way more intimidating, brother. Or should I say, 'man'. Nice of him to admit that he invested so much to get the group and his group were made to look like GEEKS which they were. At least that was honest.

It was a 1/10 at this stage and I was waiting to see if the final scene could bump it up a few marks. And then...

That ending. Wow. After all that. After all the driving. And stopping. And driving. And stopping. And driving. Did I mention stopping? And bad dialogue. And unbelievable character motivations. And the underwhelming villain. And the underwhelming villain telling us he would kill one of them. And telling us again. And again. And again. After all that we find out that the person bumped off is....*drumroll please*....it's...SEE YOU NEXT SEASON, FOLKS!

Are you actually f*cking sh*tting me? After all that trash to sit through?

Honestly I'd have given this zero if I could. Total disaster of an episode. Thumbs way, way, way down. Maaaaan.

Spot on review, brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

their best season in ages and they **** it up.

Not been as enraged at an ending of a show since the Sopranos. They truly ****ed it up. forget the cliff hanger a core character lying dead is much more dramatic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I wouldn't worry about that spoiler to much, Carol is nothing like the comic version.

Yeah and Rick is with Andrea in the comics, who is actually dead in the series.

I haven't read the comics but read the lead up to this episode online.

Majorly disappointed with that episode. Thought I was going to be on the edge of my seat for the whole thing but it just felt like a filler episode. Thought I was going to hate Negan the way I hate the Governor but I actually love him, think he's going to be a brilliant addition to the show.

I really hope it's not Abraham, I'm loving his witty one-liners. After the dumpster debacle, I really didn't want Glenn to die but now I don't care if it is him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

The scene with the soppy music for Eugene's exit was OTT. Was this suppsed to be an emotional moment? Well, I wept. I cried thinking how this show used to be good and now it's more rotten than the average walker. This music was so melodramatic I was half expecting Eugene to give birth.

That ending. Wow. After all that. After all the driving. And stopping. And driving. And stopping. And driving. Did I mention stopping?

For once, I completely agree with you. Your above two lines have me in absolute stitches here....!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Wow, as season finales go, that was disappointing, boring even. At 65 minutes, I can't help but feel it was about 55 minutes too long. Nothing happened in the entire episode, bar the ending, where well, nothing really happened either. Someone's dead, that's about it. Glenn, or whomever that was, wasn't the only one getting a baseball bat to the face. The rest of us took it too.

Mr.Nice Guy's summary was exactly on point. I had hoped for so much more following a lacklustre season. Disappointing. Truly, truly disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

My initial opinion is changing a bit. I was relieved we at least found out someone was killed. However , I was a bit shaken up after the episode but that's gone now. I'm prepared to put it to the back of my mind until I get to find out in October. However if I had seen one of my 'beloved' characters die it would of stayed with me for much longer.

It also makes sense now why they were so quick to point out that Daryl was just shot in the shoulder last week, as viewers verbalised how ****ty it would be to leave on a cliffhanger like that after Glenn's unlikely 'survival of certain death' cliffhanger. They knew the viewers would be unimpressed after the impending finale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

I think its a huge success for the makers of the show.

It has the internet on fire. Angry viewers wanting more. Loads of talk generated.

Theres no such thing as bad publicity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Can't believe they botched what should have been a complete home run on a finale with an awful, pointless cliffhanger.

I'd like to take Lucille to Scott Gimple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Easily the worst episode of the season. Really slow episode and then when it gets good and the tension is built up to the max it goes black. Very disappointing. Dunno how anyone can give it more than a 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

They kinda got themselves caught with this particular event. Comic readers expected a thing to happen but it had already been done with the governor. The big mistake was using too much of Neegans character when writing the governor forr the tv show. I can see how the writers were thinking, we've done the public execution, how can we mix it up this time. However a cliff hanger at the end of a full season? Mid season break maybe, we got over Glenn dead or not dead because it wasn't the last episode. To me its starting to look like they are running story lines from mid season to mid season rather than within a single season.
    Seasons should end with a tease of the next story line, leaving you wanting more not left hanging with only a conclusion to what you've seen left.

The writing and pacing had improved hugely this season, much better character development, a better sense of the world they live in and some great stand alone episodes. All that disappeared in the last 2 episodes. Poor scripting, ridiculous pacing that made it look as though it was grinding along and an ending that made you feel the writers have run out of road and don't know share to go with the story.
    Ill still watch it next year. I mean, who died?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

tommy2bad wrote: »
    The writing and pacing had improved hugely this season, much better character development, a better sense of the world they live in and some great stand alone episodes.

When people say this I feel like I've been watching a different show... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Producer saying wait till the payoff in series 7.. What about series 6!

I think its a huge success for the makers of the show.

It has the internet on fire. Angry viewers wanting more. Loads of talk generated.

Theres no such thing as bad publicity!

Disagree with this one though. The publicity for Scott Gimple is awful. He is getting an absolute roazting. Hes had to close down his social media accounts and I doubt hed have the balls to turn up at any of the summer publicity events like Comic Con etc.

. There are some very mentally unstable fans in the States!!

Also, i honestly do think they will lose a percentage of viewers after this season. Personally I enjoyed the majority of it but I guess I always had this moment in the back of my mind to look forward to!

I watched the show on youtube last night without those live AMC ads i was subject to Sunday and tbh I enjoyed it more the second time around. It was far too repetitive scene wise however (5 bloody roadblocks!!!) (All that chit chat with Carol and Morgan about theres good left in this world)

The last 20 minutes were great though. The forest ru,ning aspect was excellently delivered. And I still cant believe how touching that scene with Eubraham (yeah ive gone there!!) Was.

Im praying it wasnt the end of Eugenes arc though.

But that last 30 seconds.......unforgiveable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Also, i honestly do think they will lose a percentage of viewers after this season.
    I was pissed off enough to read the comic spoilers to see the direction 7 will go. Liked what I read, so am ditching the series and going with the comics. No one seems to feel let down by them.

Disagree with this one though. The publicity for Scott Gimple is awful. He is getting an absolute roazting. Hes had to close down his social media accounts and I doubt hed have the balls to turn up at any of the summer publicity events like Comic Con etc.

All part of the PR. More publicity.

Even if they don't loose viewers, their official viewers number will drop with people moving to piracy as a 'fcuk you' to the producers. That will hit them hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

It's the most iconic and brutal death in the whole comic series.

It's not like they had to come up with the idea.

They had one job, follow the comic scene for scene ending with Negan walking away say Ta Ta.

It's what the fans wanted and expected. It would have been The Walking Dead, Red Wedding moment.

But no, they went and ****ed it up. Two is Glenn dead cliff hangers in 1 session, wtf.

And btw quote me now, it will be Abraham which will set up a future scene that's in the comic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

I really don't think this was all part of a plan. It's being hammered by fans and critics alike - and not for just being a tease and leaving us in the dark, everyone is seeing through it and criticizing it for the cheap gimmicky stunt that it was.

Hes delivered a season fans are not happy with, even disgruntled. His position is now being questioned. Thats not good publicity for him.
    Any one could see a cliffhanger on this scene was a schoolboy error. A terrible misjudgement. For such an important moment, drop the gimmicks and give the public what they want. Dont try to be this smart ass.
    It didnt work, that scene is forever lost. There was a reason there was no cliffhanger on this scene in the comics, there was a reason the deaths of Hershel, Dale, Andrea, Tyreese, Bob, Noah, Beth, Lori, , Deanna, Merle, (even poor old Betsy!! ) werent given cliffhanger deaths, not to mention one where you have to wait 5 months to see the outcome which will be spoiled by then anyway once filming commebces. Sofias death worked well off screen but only because we didnt know anyone died and the payoff scene was excellent and unexpected. This death seen is expected now and it wont be a shovk, it will be like"oh i told you so" or "i knew they couldnt kill off him" or "ah i knew that anyway, it was all over Facebook and Twitter for a month"

Its not about who dies even, well it mainly is, but its also about the reactions of the people around them.

I actually bought into the Glenn dumpstergate. However ridiculous it was it did buy viewers. But it was soooooooo obvious he wasnt dead. Not a hope in hell would a character like Glenn have been given a death when none of his comrades actually witnessed it or werent able to get definitive proof of it. It was so obvious that after the second or third episode we didnt see him that they werent just going to switch back and show him being ripped apart and that was it!!

I was gobsmacked how many people actually were convinced he died !

Actually if you ask me, that scene could have actually worked in a season finale a lot better than the last thirty seconds we got.

not to mention one where you have to wait 5 months to see the outcome which will be spoiled by then anyway once filming commebces.

This. In 5/6 months the scene wont hold the same impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

is it ok to keep refering to what happens in the comics? (i've read them so i have no objections

Tigger wrote: »
    is it ok to keep refering to what happens in the comics? (i've read them so i have no objections
    I haven't read them, but I keep finding myself drifting towards comic story posts because the show hasn't entertained me for most of this season and I'm looking to see if I should bother watching any more.

smash wrote: »
    Even if they don't loose viewers, their official viewers number will drop with people moving to piracy as a 'fcuk you' to the producers. That will hit them hard.

I really cant see that happening as a result of not liking the last scene of the season finale.

People with the ability to watch legitimately will still watch legitimately.

I really cant see that happening as a result of not liking the last scene of the season finale.

People with the ability to watch legitimately will still watch legitimately.
    It's not just the season finale. The series was long and drawn out with too much filler. They also brought in a new director and I don't think it worked. There's been 2 cliffhangers already and the last 30 seconds of the season finale was the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Why do people keep saying Scott gimples Twitter has been taken down? It's not...it's right there

smash wrote: »
    It's not just the season finale. The series was long and drawn out with too much filler. They also brought in a new director and I don't think it worked. There's been 2 cliffhangers already and the last 30 seconds of the season finale was the icing on the cake.

But every season since season 1 has been like that.

Dont you remember wishing like hell they would get off the farm?

Or out of the prison?

• Advertisement

But every season since season 1 has been like that.

Dont you remember wishing like hell they would get off the farm?

Or out of the prison?
    Na, I actually liked the prison. The cinematography was enjoyable in that series. There was an obvious sense of confinement which made it a bit tense.

Advertisement