Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Finale | Last Day On Earth [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

smash wrote: »
    Na, I actually liked the prison. The cinematography was enjoyable in that series. There was an obvious sense of confinement which made it a bit tense.

Much as I love aspects of TWD, the pacing has been off since the very beginning. You get episodes that are great, episodes that are terrible, story arcs that drag and drag, cliff hangers that they dont resolve in a timely manner, a lack of character development and excellent zombies!!

I mean, Im not even bothered by the unrealistic aspects like how there are so many people within a short driving radius that they somehow havent come across before, or how at the rate they are killing walkers that there should be none left, or even how certain individuals are essentially terminators while others wibble and seem unable to take out walkers!

Fundamentally I think the series suffers from inconsistency in quality.

That and the fact that its beginning to run in concentric circles - but where do you take the zombie apocalypse after a few seasons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Why do people keep saying Scott gimples Twitter has been taken down? It's not...it's right there

was closed down for most of day yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

This is the comic book scene for those that are interested. It would need to be toned down of course but it would have been an epic, emotional, gloriously iconic ending to a season which had so many infamous and questionable plot arcs.
    It was the payoff we all hoped it would be

I'll put the link in and not the actual image so as that those who want to avoid comic material don't see it.

http://media.comicbook.com/2015/10/twdneganglennbffs-156650.jpg
    Is that Glenn being killed by Negan? I thought Glenn got his throat cut at the trough in Terminus in the comics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

That and the fact that its beginning to run in concentric circles - but where do you take the zombie apocalypse after a few seasons?

Ideally I'd like to see them take it back towards a city scape of some sort or an army base or something where there might be answers or developments or even smart people. All these farmland hubs aren't working out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Aenaes wrote: »
    Is that Glenn being killed by Negan? I thought Glenn got his throat cut at the trough in Terminus in the comics?
    Yep, Glenn gets savagely beaten to death

Terminus never existed in the comics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

maximoose wrote: »
    Yep, Glenn gets savagely beaten to death

Terminus never existed in the comics

Okay, I'm pretty sure I read on here after the dumpster scene that Glenn was supposed to have his throat cut at Terminus. Weird.

I think Abraham will be the one to be killed. They've built his character up from just a strong, military man. The romance with Sasha, with talk of spending a lifetime together plus having offspring and a proper re-conciliation with Eugene leads to a nice, sad reaction if he dies.

Not to mention that if the group manages to escape Negan's clutches, they'll probably have a big war going on and it might make more sense for Abraham to be more of a leader in that type of situation rather than Rick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I have really enjoyed the last few episodes. And I liked the finale.

I thought it was good how negans gang played mind games with rick throughout the episode building their fear and basically toying with them.

The last scene seems to be getting some flack but I thought it was different and was still brutal and shocking but also left you wondering who he chose.

I doubt Negan killed Rick though and if you were going to take over a group, realistically, i think you would probably kill their leader to break them.

I think Abraham will be the one to be killed. They've built his character up from just a strong, military man. The romance with Sasha, with talk of spending a lifetime together plus having offspring and a proper re-conciliation with Eugene leads to a nice, sad reaction if he dies.

Don't forget that when Negan came to him he raised himself up and puffed his chest out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

I thought it was a good episode, not as much gore as I was hoping for and I was expecting a main character to be killed off so that's disappointing but overall still enjoyed it. I think that may be what disappointed a lot of other people too.

Did someone die? I thought Negan just belted the **** out of someone with Lucille. They probably wont be in a good state but they mightn't necessarily die either.

Its set up to be a brilliant 7th season. Negan looks to be in it for the long haul and there`ll be no Governer type story where Rick rolls up on a bus and takes all of Negans people away. Be interesting to see how Rick deals with being Negan`s bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

It has a feel of "Who shot JR?" to it. Bit cheesy, they would probably hope it was going to build suspense but judging from the backlash it obv didnt work
    Ideally I'd like to see them take it back towards a city scape of some sort or an army base or something where there might be answers or developments or even smart people. All these farmland hubs aren't working out at all.
    Same. I occasionally find myself wondering if they will ever leave Georgia or what is happening in the rest of the country/world

• Advertisement

Yes, without getting too off topic or sounding a bit dismal about it all - where does the zombie apocalypse go (for a particular group of people)?

1. Either a cure is found and society slowly reforms (or doesnt - see 3).
    2. No cure is found and society slowly reforms (or doesnt - see 3).
    3. Everyone dies.

If its (1) its gets boring fast and its just a show about brutal lawless lands.

If its (2) society is slowing reforming, people are forming bigger groups and finding ways to cope. For our intrepid wanderers this really means that they either shack up with some group and keep growing and have a boring life growing plants and learning how to farm or they keep wandering and meeting a variety of bad guys and good guys. Its kinda boring to meet good guys so they show us more bad guys. But thats kinda it? Where can it go from there?

If its (3) theres no more tv show!!!

I suppose its going to face the same issues that any apocalyptic show faces - what happens after the immediate aftermath?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

It has a feel of "Who shot JR?" to it. Bit cheesy, they would probably hope it was going to build suspense but judging from the backlash it obv didnt work

Same. I occasionally find myself wondering if they will ever leave Georgia or what is happening in the rest of the country/world

isnt that what we have Fear TWD for :(

COuldnt agree more, bring them back to civilisation. Fairly sure i read that the reason they dont is the massive costs involved v shooting in the woods etc.

I'd say it's more to do with following the comics than the cost!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

They did spend the season developing his character a lot but will any of that remembered by October? Him and tyreeses sister are still kind of secondary characters, to me anyway!

They did spend the season developing his character a lot but will any of that remembered by October? Him and tyreeses sister are still kind of secondary characters, to me anyway!
    Sasha bores the hell out of me.

Sasha bores the hell out of me.

Yeah, she hasnt had her chance to shine. Being Bobs BOTS and Tyreeses brother and now being used as a plot device for Abrahams progression are hardly indepth character explorations!

I do like her though, she seems to be intelligent, and I buy her as a capable fighter (plus this season she is really starting to look hot!) but she is no more than a secondary character and characters like Eugene and Abraham and even Gabriel have been given more material than her even though she is here 4 seasons now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

yea I think if we saw Abraham actually being beaten in the last moment it would have more shock than when we go back after 5 months. Hes great character I really like him, BUT I wouldn't be half as disappointed as Glen or Daryl. I really think its Daryl. He was very quiet and strange on TTD and even in some clip I saw him and Andrew in on the lead up to it, just felt abit sad...

But then do (as in Gimple and the cast)they even know who theyre killing yet?? Its abit confusing.....
    Also what happened to Eric? Is he alive still? No reference in ages...Dont see anything about him dying when I look back
    Also who was the guy hanging over the bridge? I know the face but just cant remember
    Also why is there no Jesus at all? Was the deal for Rick and co to do all this without their help.
    also why is Ricks hair so wet?!
    Sorry just lots of questions have suddenly hit me!!

Even if we had seen a teaser like an eye ball hit Negan's foot or something... But that blood pouring down the screen similar to something from an 80's horror movie was just terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

In fairness, this kind of describes season 1. Reminds me of the episode where Rick gets stuck in the tank and first meets Glenn and where T-dog leaves Meryl on the shop roof. Then in the last episode, they end up in the CDC with the crazy doctor who tells them everyone is infected.

Even if they took it back to a city, it would just be overrun and it wouldnt have the same value as the season 1 episodes because the charachters know what to expect whereas before they were totally out of their depth which made the episodes more exciting. I doubt there would be any army base with developments. Who would even be looking for a cure at this stage?

I would like to see a few more odd stories of randomers who they encounter not necessarily threathning but interesting stories of how they came to be where they are now like that Irish woman Mary (i think) carrying her zombie husband around. Also I would like to see more flashbacks of our existing characters. How they initially reacted to the outbreak and you can see how they have changed or how they were actually made for that life. Stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭forumuser

Tigger wrote: »
    is it ok to keep refering to what happens in the comics? (i've read them so i have no objections

I wish people wouldn't refer to the comics but it's happening more often for the last couple of episodes. I think it's unfair on non-comic readers as the thread title doesn't say there will be comic spoilers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

forumuser wrote: »
    I wish people wouldn't refer to the comics but it's happening more often for the last couple of episodes. I think it's unfair on non-comic readers as the thread title doesn't say there will be comic spoilers.

Totally agree. And I'm a comic reader! The same sort of stuff was happening in the Game of Thrones threads and I just stopped reading them.

There's a reason why there's a thread called 'comic/TV..compare/contrast'. I know some people do spoiler any comic mentions in this thread but again, this isn't the place for them. I can see why it has happened lately though, as this particular scene was so iconic and powerful and maybe people are just caught up in the excitement of it all.

I read this interview today with Andrew Lincoln and the impression I'm getting from it is that they will start off the new season right where it left off. It's not what Scott Gimple was implying as he kind of hinted that this moment is done and dusted and they move it on.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-walking-dead-andrew-lincoln-interview-rick-negan-season-6-finale-spoilers-1201745165/

Andrew Lincoln has revealed the script for The Walking Dead finale made him physically ill.
    The 42-year-old told Entertainment Weekly that he couldn't even sleep after reading it. 'I felt sick to my stomach when I read the script,' he said

I was physically sick when I read that Andrew Lincoln claimed he was physically sick reading the script for a scene he has known was going to happen for years, word for word, and not even knowing what actually happens in the end.........

Come on Andrew Lincoln, you are way better than that. Its not as if you are going to lose your job by bowing to show producers and regurgatating publicty driven verbal garbage!

Andrew Lincoln has revealed the script for The Walking Dead finale made him physically ill.
    The 42-year-old told Entertainment Weekly that he couldn't even sleep after reading it. 'I felt sick to my stomach when I read the script,' he said

Overall there should be more vomiting in the Walking Dead.

And more sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I was physically sick when I read that Andrew Lincoln claimed he was physically sick reading the script for a scene he has known was going to happen for years, word for word, and not even knowing what actually happens in the end.........

Come on Andrew Lincoln, you are way better than that. Its not as if you are going to lose your job by bowing to show producers and regurgatating publicty driven verbal garbage!

In fairness they probably filmed the whole scene, and was edited down to the mess that we got to see.

In fairness they probably filmed the whole scene, and was edited down to the mess that we got to see.

nope, it wouldnt have been. It was just a publicity statement.
    When the script was given to the characters last September or so, they had no idea who was to die. The writers wouldnt have even made that decision back then. In fact most of them still dont know!

To say he was physically sick and unable to sleep.............come on. This was a word for word scene from the comic! It wasnt just a bolt from the blue for him!!
    Andrew Lincoln usually doent allow himself to say "stuff and things" just to get a bit of fan hype, and now we know the exact script and outcome he read back then it just seems he has cheapened himself with that statement!

I love the guy though, so I'll forgive him!

Greg Nicotero confirms the death hasn't been filmed
    When asked by The Hollywood Reporter's Lesley Goldberg what he could say about who was killed off, Nicotero said, "We have not filmed it yet and I don't know if the person knows yet or not."

How did they **** this up so badly.

How did they think this was a good idea, all they had to do was film it scene for scene straight from the comic and they they would have been praised and lorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Yeah, she hasnt had her chance to shine. Being Bobs BOTS and Tyreeses brother and now being used as a plot device for Abrahams progression are hardly indepth character explorations!

I always thought Bob was a far more interesting character than most of the other secondary characters. I was very sad to see him go.
    even though she is here 4 seasons now.

:eek: I actually can't believe that! 4 seasons? I don't think I even noticed her till last year. I don't think I'd really care if she's had her head smashed in either. I think that'll be Glenn though. His cloak of invincibility has to wear out at some stage. And just for shock factor, with the pregnant wife and all that, I think it'll be him.

Be on the lookout for any of those actors staring in a new pilot episode come July/August, and we'll know which one it is!

Was it because it was such a load of rubbish, that he felt sick? At first, that's what I thought it meant, and that Lincoln was criticising the writing of the episode. Pity...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

The ending reminded me of of the cliffhangers from the 80's in Dallas and Dynasty where they would have a number of characters be in mortal danger but you wouldnt know who was dead until the show came back for the next season and contracts had been signed etc.

• Advertisement

There will be calls for the shows destruction next session if they dont restart that scene from the beginning and give it to us in one whole shot.

Advertisement