Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

 iPhone SE available for preorder Irish Store

• 31-03-2016 9:03pm

As title says
    For anyone interested the SE is now available to order from Irish store.
    Delivery is sooner than I expected.

iPhone SE 64GB Space Grey
    €599.00
    Dispatched: 4-6 business days
    Show Gift Options (iPhone SE 64GB Space Grey)

Anyone going for it? 

P.s. There is other SE thread so mods merge if necessary,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

As I have a 6s- no

mansize wrote: »
    As I have a 6s- no

Haha, that's fair enough :)

Maybe I should ask is anyone on a slightly older phone going upgrading, now that's it's actually available here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Stacker Pentecost

Thinking about it. Sometimes I love the fact I can easily type one-handed on my 5s and sometimes I think I'd like a 6 plus!

I don't know! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭gorevs

has been available since tuesday morning on the store. it will probably appeal to people who are upgrading on contract and don't want to fork out full price rather than those who want to buy it straight. but it is good value for those that like the size. you cant really argue with getting the majority of the guts of a 6s in a 4inch form factor for 500 euros

gorevs wrote: »
    has been available since tuesday morning on the store. it will probably appeal to people who are upgrading on contract and don't want to fork out full price rather than those who want to buy it straight. but it is good value for those that like the size. you cant really argue with getting the majority of the guts of a 6s in a 4inch form factor for 500 euros

As you said it's a great spec, will prob upgrade for myself, but was really hoping they'd do one for around the 350-380 mark so I could upgrade the parents aging 4sssss. They wouldnt have needed all the tech but in need of a bit of a bump now at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭gorevs

it'll be interesting to see what cost it will be subsidised on the networks, if its free -50 euros to upgrade i think a lot of people would be tempted. looks like it will be next week till the networks unveil their pricing on it.

400 dollars plus taxes in the states, - i think it was always going to be 500 euros to buy straight here. its still cheaper than when the 5-5s came out here originally i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

The 5 and 5s were €629 iirc

guil wrote: »
    The 5 and 5s were €629 iirc

I bought the 4s payg few years ago. I think it was around the €780 mark. I did knock just over 3 years out of it, although it was replaced by Apple twice so no battery issues to speak of really,

So yea, I hadn't thought of it that way. €599 (64gb) isn't bad, relatively speaking.

ed1604 wrote: »
    I bought the 4s payg few years ago. I think it was around the €780 mark. I did knock just over 3 years out of it, although it was replaced by Apple twice so no battery issues to speak of really,

So yea, I hadn't thought of it that way. €599 (64gb) isn't bad, relatively speaking.

What size memory was it? Nearly sure the 16gb 4s was €599

What size memory was it? Nearly sure the 16gb 4s was €599
    Was the 32gb, it was definitely the mid-high 700s because I remember feeling sick handing over that much money at the time.

• Advertisement

ed1604 wrote: »
    Was the 32gb, it was definitely the mid-high 700s because I remember feeling sick handing over that much money at the time.

€699 for 32gb, hardly 64gb you got?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75051531

That must be it so. Think o2 gave 20€ off the apple price. So 679. Thanks

Release day for the iPhone 4 myself and a friend got one off o2. He got a 16gb on prepay even though they weren't supposed to be selling any on prepay. I think he only got €10 or maybe €20 off the apple price. Crazy to pay a network that much for a locked one but i suppose the convenience was worth it if you were staying with that network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I've had the 5s gold, upgraded to the 6, never liked the size increase or roundy design so swapped back to a second-hand 5s silver (and got paid cashback for trading in my 6, winwinwin for me really). I'll definitely be getting the SE rose gold in a few weeks time when I can better afford it. :)

Advertisement