If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony KDL-48W705C

Options
  • 31-03-2016 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Been looking to purchase this tv. Currently trading at £399 on UK site but 699Euro in Ireland ? ? 
    Any reason for this ? Cannot justify the Euro price as can get it for same sterling price elsewhere, but would prefer to buy from you guys, anything that can be done here?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

bump

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

septicsac wrote: »
    Been looking to purchase this tv. Currently trading at £399 on UK site but 699Euro in Ireland ? ? 
    Any reason for this ? Cannot justify the Euro price as can get it for same sterling price elsewhere, but would prefer to buy from you guys, anything that can be done here?
    Thanks.
    HI Septicsac.

Apologies for the delay in getting a reply to you.

Its also listed at £399 sterling on the .ie site.
    Sometimes our Euro pricing is not a direct comparison on the sterling price but could be in-line with other retailers within the south of Ireland. Most times our Euro pricing works out cheaper than the sterling.

However you can always choose to pay in sterling and let your bank work out the conversion.

At the moment the 48W705 is listed as an instore only collection and we are unable to ship this screen.

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please drop me a post.

Thanks.
    HI Septicsac.

Apologies for the delay in getting a reply to you.

Its also listed at £399 sterling on the .ie site.
    Sometimes our Euro pricing is not a direct comparison on the sterling price but could be in-line with other retailers within the south of Ireland. Most times our Euro pricing works out cheaper than the sterling.

However you can always choose to pay in sterling and let your bank work out the conversion.

At the moment the 48W705 is listed as an instore only collection and we are unable to ship this screen.

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please drop me a post.
    Thanks for the reply. Where are your stores in Ireland if I was to collect?
    I presume from your reply I can choose to pay the sterling price, as it works out far cheaper than the euro price on this occasion?
    Very interested but I suspect I will be too far away to collect, is this Tv likely to be available to order online and delivered in near future or is there a similar tv with same features available for delivery (48-50" smart, with good connectivity)?
    Does the 6 yr warranty apply in ROI, including collection and return in event of an issue?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Septicsac,

apologies for the delay getting back to you personally and thanks for the heads-up - unfortunately that was actually a pricing error and I have now corrected it. ( I should get really annoyed about it as we always try to be competitive - except it was me that made the mistake :o....)

The 48W705 is available at £399 / €579 (you can choose either currency to pay in..) and I have re-opened it for delivery.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201311-bravia-kdl48w705cbu.aspx?swapstore=1

That price includes our 6 year warranty and delivery across Ireland.. stock is tight so if you were chasing one I wouldn't hang about!

Thanks again for the heads up and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Septicsac,

apologies for the delay getting back to you personally and thanks for the heads-up - unfortunately that was actually a pricing error and I have now corrected it. ( I should get really annoyed about it as we always try to be competitive - except it was me that made the mistake :o....)

The 48W705 is available at £399 / €579 (you can choose either currency to pay in..) and I have re-opened it for delivery.

That price includes our 6 year warranty and delivery across Ireland.. stock is tight so if you were chasing one I wouldn't hang about!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Ordered it there now, much appreciated, look forward to arrival - Top service by the way

• Advertisement

Septicsac,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Ordered it there now, much appreciated, look forward to arrival - Top service by the way
    Hey Septicsac.

Thanks very much for the order :D

Will have it dealt with straight away.

Septicsac,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey Septicsac.

Spot on Cheers

Septicsac,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey Septicsac.

Spot on Cheers
    All sorted at this end.

Will be shipping Monday and should arrive around around Wednesday.
    Our courier will be in contact and give a window for the delivery to take place.

Again thanks for the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Alan G

Looking to purchase this TV from you, however, I will require delivery to Ireland as above.

Is this something that could be done over the phone or can it be reopened for delivery??

Thanks guys,

Alan

Alan G wrote: »
    Looking to purchase this TV from you, however, I will require delivery to Ireland as above.

Is this something that could be done over the phone or can it be reopened for delivery??

Thanks guys,

Alan
    Hi Alan G.

I think it has went in store only again as stock has gone mega tight at our main warehouse as the screen has been so popular. Things change so quickly with our pricing, what is in-store only and what is not.

I'll have a check and see if there is anything I can do but once it goes in store it needs collected from us here in Belfast or any other Richer Sounds store.

Will come back to you ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

Hi 

I'm am also interested in this TV with delivery to Ireland.

Can you let me know if i am able to order online?

Thanks

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

finno wrote: »
    Hi 

I'm am also interested in this TV with delivery to Ireland.

Can you let me know if i am able to order online?

Thanks
    Me too.. I spoke with Chris in Belfast store earlier, he was v helpful but said it was in-store only for now. If you could have it delivered in next couple of weeks no big rush that would be great.

Would probably look to get the below with it... could you package deal the 2?

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200140-vma401.aspx

Just to update - Still at in store only as stock has run out in our main warehouse.

No current incoming date on more stock at present. This could perhaps be the end of these as the NEW models are starting to filter through.

Should this change I will pop up a post.

Just to update - Still at in store only as stock has run out in our main warehouse.

No current incoming date on more stock at present. This could perhaps be the end of these as the NEW models are starting to filter through.

Tx Kenny. Back up to £449 I see.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Leslie91 wrote: »

Unfortunately the price has gone up again on this one, prices are constantly changing on TVs.
    It is still an in store only model at present as stocks are still low company wide.
    We do have a couple of these in stock locally now if you were able to collect?

Regards
    Brian

Unfortunately the price has gone up again on this one, prices are constantly changing on TVs.
    It is still an in store only model at present as stocks are still low company wide.

Regards
    Brian
    Tx Brian.. collecting is hard for me. Looking at this set now https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201273-ue48j5500.aspx, as you can deliver it, how does it compare to the Sony in your opinion? it will take wired internet right?

Regards
    Brian
    Tx Brian.. collecting is hard for me. Looking at this set now https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201273-ue48j5500.aspx, as you can deliver it, how does it compare to the Sony in your opinion? it will take wired internet right?
    To be honest the 2 TVs are pretty much on a par with each other in picture quality, the Samsung would have a slight;y better refresh rate, making long panning shots that bit smoother. The only other physical differences are that the Samsung only has 3 hdmi where the sony has 4, plus the Samsung doesn't have a scart socket where the sony has

In my opinion, I prefer the samsung Smart function over the sony, its just that bit easier to navigate and use

Hope this helps :)

Brian

Tks Brian.. measured up the new room/wall where the TV is to go and 48" is too big so we are back to looking at 43" models. This one caught my eye but it looks like it is a silver model i.e. not black, is that correct?, we want the TV to be black and it will be wall mounted.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201304-ue43j5500.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab

Tks Brian.. measured up the new room/wall where the TV is to go and 48" is too big so we are back to looking at 43" models. This one caught my eye but it looks like it is a silver model i.e. not black, is that correct?, we want the TV to be black and it will be wall mounted.

HI Leslie91,

that one is a black bezel on it, I think it's just the light in the photo makes the bottom of it look silver.
    This one we have in stock locally, and ready to ship on a next day delivery

Regards
    Brian

HI Leslie91,

that one is a black bezel on it, I think it's just the light in the photo makes the bottom of it look silver.

Regards
    Brian
    That's great news Brian I will order it this week...

• Advertisement

HI Leslie91,

Regards
    Brian
    no probs, you can either order through the website at the link, or give us a call on 0044333 900 0070 option2

Cheers
    Brian

HI Leslie91,

Regards
    Brian
    no probs, you can either order through the website at the link, or give us a call on 0044333 900 0070 option2

Cheers
    Brian
    Ordered via website just now Brian thanks.

HI Leslie91,

This one we have in stock locally, and ready to ship on a next day delivery, so delivery should be on Monday

Regards
    Brian

Cheers
    Brian
    Ordered via website just now Brian thanks.
    Thanks for the order. Will get it sorted for you. Should be able to get it shipped today on a next day delivery

Will drop you an email to confirm

Cheers
    Brian

Just an update on this old thread - TV still going strong. Power brick went after 4 years and promptly resolved by Richersounds, so at this stage almost 6 yrs later the TV owes me nothing. The 6yr warranty is the great bonus, as is the way the warranty is handled. Bought another TV from RS for my father and see no reason to shop elsewhere.

Hi Septicsac.

Thanks for the kinds words and for the update.

I'm glad the TV is still up and running for you :)

Easy to recommend a good crowd, will be back again for the next TV

Cheers Septicsac.

Just let me know when you are in the market for the New TV and I'll see what deals there are I can offer.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.